A Very Grumpy Announcement

Sweeeeet Ronny D

For all of the "Grumpy is a whale tier hegemony, they're going to kill the game, they can't be trusted, they need to be killed first" I heard from some parties, it's frankly SHOCKING that Grumpy would declare a war they will likely lose.

You mean to tell me those accusations and the people screaming about DBDC were..... Misguided, and incorrect, or using hot button words to try to stir up drama? That doesn't sound like the PnW I'm familiar with.

• Haha 5
  • Downvote 3

Congratulations, Grumpy, on going to war! I hope you have a successful and safe mission against Eclipse and their buddies. It's always admirable to see someone willing to stand up for what they believe in, even in the face of difficult odds. Best of luck, and here's to a happy and peaceful new year for all!

48 minutes ago, Hodor said:

DBDC

Dumbbird Dampcave

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

8 hours ago, Jhonny said:

i've been called countless slurs, derogatory terms, and overall hateful things in my life, but i have never felt as much pain as being called just one of Eclipse's buddies

You’ll always be my buddy, friend

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

15 hours ago, Vice said:

Can the t$ boys keep their shrieking to 100 characters or less please. Anything longer than that gets put away with the zephyr novels in the trash. 

Low energy DoW, your age is showing SRD and GoB.

Acceptable?

• Haha 6

On 1/2/2023 at 2:14 AM, Ketya said:

Funny how t$ moved from a top alliance to “friends”…

let’s have fun!

Friend, t$ has a long tradition of referring to others as friend.

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

Taking a step back though, this was a pretty commendable action by HOGG

I can appreciate the planning & strategic intent behind it, clearly this was planned immediately after the last war given HOGG’s limited infra rebuild and planned blitz 1 turn after the NAP.

While this is shaping up to be a tactical loss for HOGG, it could be an overall strategic gain checking the growth of an opposing megawhale tier. 

This, paired up with the previous separation with TKR has been a very healthy development for the game’s meta.

• Upvote 2

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

On 1/2/2023 at 12:40 PM, Leopold von Habsburg said:

Low energy DoW, your age is showing SRD and GoB.

Acceptable?

Have you ever read Grumpy written announcements of any kind before?  They very rarely are longer than a paragraph.  Brevity is the height of wit.

• Upvote 1