[DoW] Authorization for the Use of Militarization

Vexz

11 hours ago, Eumirbago said:

The biggest travesty @Keegoz did against Rose is leading them to years on years of losing lmfao

My win record in Rose wasn't even that bad, but I know talking facts with you doesn't really matter.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

29 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Most of them are also Syndicate, tearing down their former allies, who they previously just betrayed. There is truly no low that they won't sink too.

Well that and Midgard who opened peace talks with Cata and Paradise when they could’ve kept fighting us if they really had a hatchet to bury… as was pointed out to them by us… I’m not conspiracy minded like Kev but it would be funny if Rose and Mid worked together to peace us early so Rose could also get some punches in.

We’ve got some good grudges being built… good for the game imo, so Cata single handed my saved the game. I hope you’re all grateful!! Keegoz for player of the year!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Well that and Midgard who opened peace talks with Cata and Paradise when they could’ve kept fighting us if they really had a hatchet to bury… as was pointed out to them by us… I’m not conspiracy minded like Kev but it would be funny if Rose and Mid worked together to peace us early so Rose could also get some punches in.

We’ve got some good grudges being built… good for the game imo, so Cata single handed my saved the game. I hope you’re all grateful!! Keegoz for player of the year!

All Keegoz wants to do is help fledgling alliances improve themselves and he gets flak for it. Smh.

3 hours ago, Mutedfaith said:

Gosh, I must've missed the memo about kicking people when theyre down being a thing to applaud now.

Cause the thing people are praising Rose over in this thread are things we all used to look down on and condemn.

If you have an enemy, you must defeat them. Nothing else matters.

13 minutes ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

Oh please. Hitting Cata after they rebuilt to low infrastructure levels and then started to militarize is hardly the same as kicking someone while they're down. Unless they have no money, there's a reason why they didn't rebuild to standard infrastructure levels. 

Which is why I don’t exactly believe the narrative here.

-Year long grudge

-Hitting a 2k militarized target

-Hitting shortly after peace of a conflict

Usually grudge matches are much more opportunistic.  I appreciate Rose not taking the easy way, but I’m still suspicious of the setup.

If an alliance was really going to settle a grudge, you’d think they’d hit when they would gain more than what they would here.

21 minutes ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

Sure, I agree that if Rose wanted to maximize economic damage, they could've waited until Cata had more infra. However, Cata clearly intended to go to war in the near future, they have a NAP with Eclipse and Midgard, and they recently expressed their desire to build a coalition against Oreo in the logs that they leaked. Therefore, it is reasonable for Rose to think that Cata plans to attack them in the near future, and that Rose should preempt them. 

The only way Cata can prove that they didn't intend to go to war soon would be to admit that they spent all of their money on buying overpriced food so they didn't have anything left for rebuilding, and I don't see that ever happening. 

Made a critical correction for you.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

Made a critical correction for you.

You misspelled Hodor. 

but also I'm quoting this because it's right. 

big_morph-sig.jpg.dc5493086dfd6fa978316880fe6a6c62.jpg

The Knights Radiant 
Ghostblood Babsk of Foreign Affairs

Journey before Destination.

11 hours ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

Oh please. Hitting Cata after they rebuilt to low infrastructure levels and then started to militarize is hardly the same as kicking someone while they're down. Unless they have no money, there's a reason why they didn't rebuild to standard infrastructure levels. 

Alternatively they could be actually broke, which would be hilarious. 

I mean, I was right to militarise given Rose had this planned out (we just moved their timetable up). I didn't go to the Rose academy of how to react to suspicious circumstances luckily.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

On 12/23/2022 at 8:06 PM, Keegoz said:

You mean the one in which t$ made us agree to hit Rose for their support, literally 2 hours out from a blitz? Funnily enough you allied everyone involved in that scheme.

Or the one where you were allied to Oasis on everything but paper (Hi Harry).

I'll expand then from allying the top 3 to - t$ being scum or your affinity for secret treaties.

This is not accurate, at least to the information I was privy to, Clock (not Cataclysm alone, mind you) pushed to hit Rose, something we (TS) refused to do, then Clock still went in while we didn't even know you were going to do that.

Anyhow, I think plenty of people have partaken into the hits (and plots) on Rose that were mentioned , Eclipse, The Knights Radiant, The Syndicate, etc (probably most of the top 10). I think singling out Cataclysm and painting them as some mastermind that convinced everyone in their various spheres to do their bidding in a Keegoz revenge crusade is a bit unrealistic and unfair. Some hits were because of Rose's vulnerability at the time and others because they belonged to massive sphere.

The last being the Wayward planning to hit Ouro, Ouro having an antagonistic component such as Eclipse, & being the biggest sphere by size after the rest of the spheres downsized. It was obvious others were going to plan accordingly, 

I also strongly dislike the precedent this war sets about hitting an alliance that just exited a war and rebuilt, even with the grudge, cb and all, I sort of saw this as a gentlemen's agreement in this game that this sort of thing was to be avoided and looked down upon (you don't do it, because you don't want others to do it to you), and I cannot really recall the last time it happened. Light rebuild or not, it took place, and I am hoping this is something we never see taking place again in the game again.

Best of luck to both parties, I hope this war can allow you both to get past this turbulent shared history and move on.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pablo said:

This is not accurate, at least to the information I was privy to, Clock (not Cataclysm alone, mind you) pushed to hit Rose, something we (TS) refused to do, then Clock still went in while we didn't even know you were going to do that.

Anyhow, I think plenty of people have partaken into the hits (and plots) on Rose that were mentioned , Eclipse, The Knights Radiant, The Syndicate, etc (probably most of the top 10). I think singling out Cataclysm and painting them as some mastermind that convinced everyone in their various spheres to do their bidding in a Keegoz revenge crusade is a bit unrealistic and unfair. Some hits were because of Rose's vulnerability at the time and others because they belonged to massive sphere.

The last being the Wayward planning to hit Ouro, Ouro having an antagonistic component such as Eclipse, & being the biggest sphere by size after the rest of the spheres downsized. It was obvious others were going to plan accordingly, 

I also strongly dislike the precedent this war sets about hitting an alliance that just exited a war and rebuilt, even with the grudge, cb and all, I sort of saw this as a gentlemen's agreement in this game that this sort of thing was to be avoided and looked down upon (you don't do it, because you don't want others to do it to you), and I cannot really recall the last time it happened. Light rebuild or not, it took place, and I am hoping this is something we never see taking place again in the game again.

Best of luck to both parties, I hope this war can allow you both to get past this turbulent shared history and move on.

Tell me you're dumb and ignorant without telling me you're dumb and ignorant

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Pablo said:

Did you like not read what someone else posted above cata didn’t even rebuild to normal standard infra level they went to 1700 level clearly planning to go to war again. They also armed back up while there was no clear threats to them at all. I would understand if they rebuilt to 2500 and armed up under the pretence of another same weight class aa arming up but that’s a very different circumstance. 

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Kan0601 said:

Did you like not read what someone else posted above cata didn’t even rebuild to normal standard infra level they went to 1700 level clearly planning to go to war again. They also armed back up while there was no clear threats to them at all. I would understand if they rebuilt to 2500 and armed up under the pretence of another same weight class aa arming up but that’s a very different circumstance. 

I see rebuilding to 1.7k-2k infrastructure more as a cautionary measure, Cataclysm & Paradise were not part of any sphere, and were quite exposed. As for the militarization, I don't know what triggered it, as I am not part of any of those two alliances, but I doubt it had offensive purposes. Cata & Paradise don't have enough firepower alone to represent a realistic threat to any existing sphere, I think Keegoz/Kev probably caught wind of this and chose to mil up, which ended up being a right call.

The Syndicate never demilitarized, and they have been quite antagonizing to them as well. Being at high mil is honestly very reasonable to me for a small sphere (like Cata and Paradise) to wait for the post-war rearragement, having that security net.

"Clearly planning to go to war" is quite strong to me, and it doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would they go crash on their own on Eclipse/TS or Rose while being clearly disadvantaged? Plus Midgard/Witheld are still busy fighting their war, and probably a lot of alliances are waiting for that war to wrap up to do some spheres rearrangements. I could have seen it happening but a month or two down the rode, not now as you are making it out to be the case.

And even then, I don't think this is something that should be praised, or repeated.

2 hours ago, Pascal said:

Tell me you're dumb and ignorant without telling me you're dumb and ignorant

Point to where I hurt you friend!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

48 minutes ago, Pablo said:

I see rebuilding to 1.7k-2k infrastructure more as a cautionary measure, Cataclysm & Paradise were not part of any sphere, and were quite exposed. As for the militarization, I don't know what triggered it, as I am not part of any of those two alliances, but I doubt it had offensive purposes. Cata & Paradise don't have enough firepower alone to represent a realistic threat to any existing sphere, I think Keegoz/Kev probably caught wind of this and chose to mil up, which ended up being a right call.

or maybe they purposely went that low infra indicating they had plans on going on the offensive. Unless if they were broke? either way, to increase their mil to 1550 mmr 3 weeks after (out of nowhere) our war had ended with them which would allow them a double buy = insta max is quite suspicious. Their reasoning was t$ being 0550, but that doesn't make sense considering they didn't have a problem being 0250 for the first 3 weeks while t$ was still 0550. the size of cataclysm being 1550 into a double buy = maxed would hurt any alliance on 0250. So yes, they had enough firepower to represent a realistic threat to any existing sphere. Not sure if i would say it ended up being a right call considering it spooked and got rose to max mil and ultimately caused cata to be blitzed by them.

58 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Point to where I hurt you friend!

smh, imagine getting baited by the french :Serious:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

As for the militarization, I don't know what triggered it, as I am not part of any of those two alliances, but I doubt it had offensive purposes.

"I don't know anything about anything, have no insight to offer whatsoever, but here's my expert opinion anyway"

Next time Rose is planning their next moves, I am sure they'll take Pablo's perspective into account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/24/2022 at 8:29 AM, Keegoz said:

My win record in Rose wasn't even that bad, but I know talking facts with you doesn't really matter.

I guess 25% isn't that bad for your standards lmfao

On 12/24/2022 at 7:59 AM, Mayor said:

tbf Cata has attacked quite a few different alliances, left and joined multiple spheres, and tried to form a bloc with former rivals like Syndicate. I would say they expanded their horizons far more than you have as you still seem fixated on that flower (worryingly so).

Most of them are also Syndicate, tearing down their former allies, who they previously just betrayed. There is truly no low that they won't sink too.

The moral police is out in full force this Christmas! Bring @Horsecockout too and pop another thread on how immoral $yndicate is lmfao

• Haha 1
Lxr4VfE.png