New Content: Perks

Prefontaine

2 hours ago, Aria Serielye said:

I mean.... Have my take on this. (Note I personally would do this if 100% efficiency was my goal, though I plan on doing something else that is a little psychotic).

Wars ->
First Priority into Offence, (T5 Tanks, T5 Planes, T5 Ships (Only if Superiority rework goes live, else Infantry).
Second into Defence, (T5 Tanks, T5 Planes).
Third into Universal, (T5 Planes, T1 Spies).
Fourth into Econ, (T3 Revenue).

No war - below 1650 Infra ->
First Priority into Econ, (T5 Resource, T5 Resource, T5 Resource).
Second into Offence, (T5 Planes, T5 Ships).
Third into Universal, (T5 Land and Infra, T1 Spies).
Fourth into Defence, (T3 Planes).

No war - Above 1650 Infra ->
First Priority into Econ, (T5 Revenue, T5 Resource, T5 Resource).

No war - Above 4.5k-5.5k Land Per City ->
First Priority into Econ, (T5 Revenue, T5 Food, T5 Resource).

Edit:

I guess you could make a build with Econ/War quick switchable as well. But even then....

That's cool and all, but think about the time constraints 

Edited by Johnson Boris
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Johnson Boris said:

That's cool and all, but think about the time constraints 

Time constraints don't matter really. All they can do is delay a war from starting or make one side stronger than another.

HELL. People could just stay in full combat Perks at all times if they so wish. They would just lose out on 400k per rss/revenue per Perk they don't take (1.2m isn't that much of a loss), (At about C25).

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Aria Serielye said:

Time constraints don't matter really. All they can do is delay a war from starting or make one side stronger than another.

HELL. People could just stay in full combat Perks at all times if they so wish. They would just lose out on 400k per rss/revenue per Perk they don't take (1.2m isn't that much of a loss), (At about C25).

I mean that it takes at least 125 days to reach tier 5 of a single perk

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Johnson Boris said:

I mean that it takes at least 125 days to reach tier 5 of a single perk

How long has the game been out..?

We are looking at like 800-900 days for a single build to be done.
Which to be fair is a long time. But when you look at the fact of how long the game has been going on for....
You can cheese this by going for all T1s first, Then T2s, Then T3s, then T5s for the stuff that actually matters, then the stuff that doesn't matter.

Honestly, all the time delay does is impact those people who cannot see changes coming to the game. So the largest question about perks for me is..

What is coming to Politics and War and how will perks be affected by that).
Known ->
Beige Rework (This will Effect Unit Purchasing, will that perk be worth it then?).
Superiority changes (This will effect the combat power of Tanks, Planes and Ships. What ones are going the be the most Valuable ones to spec.... Well Planes 100% of the time, because all you need is planes, But Navy will be able to contest with planes by removing Air Sup.
City Score..... No perk really effects that (Maybe Infra cost reduction perk indirectly).
Commodities. Depending on how things stack, maybe a Econ perk may stack with it. But nobody cares about Econ.

Edited by Aria Serielye
  • Downvote 1

Some updates:

• Perk Priorities will be visible to all players. 
  • Active, researched, and researching perks will be visible by alliance gov.
    • Permissions will need to be adjusted to allow/not allow for roles.
  • Spy intel will show only what active perks a nation has.
  • Suggestions about special achievement based open perks will be viewed for a future update. Want to focus on the base of perks for now. This Post
Edited by Prefontaine
  • Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

@Prefontaine Can you clarify how offense and defense perks work?

It's clear that offense perks are in effect when you launch an attack on your opponent and that defense perks are in effect when they launch an attack on you. But do the offense perks also increase your opponents losses when they attack you and do the defense perks also decrease your losses when you attack your opponent?

Edited by Dryad
  • Downvote 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

22 hours ago, Dryad said:

@Prefontaine Can you clarify how offense and defense perks work?

It's clear that offense perks are in effect when you launch an attack on your opponent and that defense perks are in effect when they launch an attack on you. But do the offense perks also increase your opponents losses when they attack you and do the defense perks also decrease your losses when you attack your opponent?

When you are the one being attacked, your defensive perks will kick in.

When you are the one attacking, your offensive perks will kick in. 

This is for the individual attack, not the war declaration attacker/defender element. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

On 12/22/2022 at 3:35 AM, Prefontaine said:

When you are the one being attacked, your defensive perks will kick in.

When you are the one attacking, your offensive perks will kick in. 

This is for the individual attack, not the war declaration attacker/defender element. 

Hmm.

This does change a lot of cheesy not quite exploits that could arise from this.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can we see a preview image/clip of functionality?

• Downvote 1

shadows are all colors of the rainbow, just blocked by an object, we hide in those shadows, and we hide in those dark valleys every night and day they have a shadow in them

• 5 weeks later...

The Dev Team will obviously be working and changing a lot from the initial post; however, I'd still like to comment on two of the requirements.

For the Food perc. Tier 4 requires Recycling Initiative. This seems strange, as this requirement is before the Arable Land Agency requirement (for Tier 5) as well as that Recycling Initiative has alternatives such as Clinical Research Center and Green Technologies - therefore mandating RI instead of CRC or GT could be unintentionally constraining.

For Unit Purchasing. Tier 5, Space Program is required. In my opinion, having the Space Program project required for unit purchasing doesn't fit. I understand that there isn't a natural second project after Propaganda Bureau besides Military Salvage, which isn't a mainstream project. But I'm not sure if having an additional required project for Tier 5 percs is always necessary.

• Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 4:23 PM, Syldavia said:

For the Food perc. Tier 4 requires Recycling Initiative. This seems strange, as this requirement is before the Arable Land Agency requirement (for Tier 5) as well as that Recycling Initiative has alternatives such as Clinical Research Center and Green Technologies - therefore mandating RI instead of CRC or GT could be unintentionally constraining.

To add to this; a pure food build doesn't use Recycling Centers so Recycling Initiative would serve no purpose other than for this requirement, you only need Recycling Initiative if you are doing other resources so it is out of place here.

Edited by Galerion
  • Downvote 1

• 3 months later...

Do like this suggestion. (Don't want to get into arguing the stat benefits for each ones, but looks good overall.)

Would be nice if stuff like this was implemented, rather than jacking up resource costs and deleting inactives were the main "updates" or "downgrades" being considered. Are good updates which get suggested, but seems like the best of them go nowhere. If this was good and went nowhere, the more recent 2 posted might go nowhere as well at least.

Edited by Anarchist Empire

8 minutes ago, Anarchist Empire said:

Do like this suggestion. (Don't want to get into arguing the stat benefits for each ones, but looks good overall.)

Would be nice if stuff like this was implemented, rather than jacking up resource costs and deleting inactives were the main "updates" or "downgrades" being considered. Are good updates which get suggested, but seems like the best of them go nowhere. If this was good and went nowhere, the more recent 2 posted might go nowhere as well at least.

I agree dude how are they going to go anywhere?

• Like 1

• Prefontaine unpinned and unfeatured this topic