Aren't you guys on vacation?

Wendell

7 minutes ago, Avatar Patrick said:

I didn't comment on this post initially because I wasn't sure of the circumstances surrounding the nations who vmed and I didn't want to make assumptions.

But it does seem like you guys are overreacting to what was a fairly mild troll post or misunderstanding from the op and firwof. Regardless of any past issues you have with them, the initial posts don't justify the level of hate and personal attacks that followed. No one deserves this.

Β 

No one...

• Haha 6

Here's something that will blow OP's mind:

I VMed after my first round of wars, haven't logged in since (because why would I?) and I'm not on vacation. Shocking, I know.

And after years of being in this game, I'm really at a point where the only thing I can say to people who try to throw shade over people VMing during war or right before war or whatever: Bless your heart and get over yourself. 😘

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 6

Just now, Mitsuru said:

I VMed after my first round of wars, haven't logged in since (because why would I?) and I'm not on vacation. Shocking, I know.

And after years of being in this game, I'm really at a point where the only thing I can say to people who try to throw shade over people VMing during war or right before war or whatever: Bless your heart and get over yourself. 😘

Leave some grass for the rest of usΒ 

• Upvote 1

HEADERS_CTO12.png

Inform Zigbir I have forgotten how to edit the signature field
Please remind me how to do it post haste!

4 hours ago, Thalmor said:

It's totally legitimate to use VM numbers as a data point to dunk on an alliance with. Mass unwillingness to fight Is worthy of criticism.Β 

That said, the key word there isΒ mass.Β If it's not a strong double digit percentage, then it's probably not an effective attack. The reality is that war does require more activity than usual, and things do happen IRL. I don't believe the number of VM'ers in TKR (14%) Is high enough to where it's really indicative of a shortcoming in their community. Especially because I'm sure some of those were already in VM before the war.Β 

I do understand this while deul was more looking at tkr at a solo Alliance level with the few people who did VM postwar. Its known both of us troll from time to time as well enjoy throwing our own jokes out there, not everyone's going to appreciate it due to difference of opinion ( that's a given between people) but Brewing hate is nowhere near what we intend. I only decided to overextend the joke towards CTO as well withheld sphere as a whole, especially since CTO is making wh look bad for whoever is vming. If I'm just going to get shat on alongside my buddy cuz a group of people decide to push their motives in an underlyinglyΒ  hateful but inconsiderably righteous manner, so be it. Take it as you will but constantly taking stuff out of another's contextual intentions while inserting one's own perception that doesn't take an account others outside ones view will only shallow ones mindset furthermore.

HoF from what I know from obviously being on the receiving end of so many backlashes knows that very well further how to deal with it. Continuing doing what you're doing Thal n other HoFers cuz I can see both sides of why yall do as ya mind.

Edited by Firwof Kromwell

Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpegΒ  Β  Β 

Β I personally voice my ownΒ thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fuggerΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β 

Clearly, we all need to pull a buorhann, and log in at our wedding to get that sweet sweet soldier airstrike. Skill issue on my part, i haven't had a wedding yet.

• Haha 1

HEADERS_CTO12.png

Inform Zigbir I have forgotten how to edit the signature field
Please remind me how to do it post haste!

I don't really know why people VM during wars. It takes basically no time to log in and buy land once a day, and you end up ahead and un-shamed because of it. Unless you're without internet access, there's no shame in logging in the same way you would in peace time if you're on the losing side.Β 

• Upvote 5

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

8 hours ago, Thalmor said:

It's totally legitimate to use VM numbers as a data point to dunk on an alliance with. Mass unwillingness to fight Is worthy of criticism.Β 

That said, the key word there isΒ mass.Β If it's not a strong double digit percentage, then it's probably not an effective attack. The reality is that war does require more activity than usual, and things do happen IRL. I don't believe the number of VM'ers in TKR (14%) Is high enough to where it's really indicative of a shortcoming in their community. Especially because I'm sure some of those were already in VM before the war.Β 

No no no, you're missing the point. TKR is orange, orange man is bad.Β 

Β 

Please stay on-script Thalmor or the FBI will be visiting your server again.

8 hours ago, Krampus said:

Clearly, we all need to pull a buorhann, and log in at our wedding to get that sweet sweet soldier airstrike. Skill issue on my part, i haven't had a wedding yet.

Hey Mrs. Benfro dealt with a blitz on our wedding day, it was glorious. Not to mention a follow up during our honeymoon. No idea how I convinced her it was a good idea to spend time with me, can't help you there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Thalmor said:

I generally agree with you. IRL comes first of course. That being said, I also think it's reasonable not to want people who are unwilling to sacrifice some pixels for the alliance.

• Upvote 2

On 11/23/2022 at 1:42 PM, JadenStar10 said:

Everyday I wonder why Firwof and Deulos are still on these forums... 2 years later. It never stops, does it?
a5750babcf0f417f30e0b4773b29e376.gif

Who is Deulos, I don't see that user...Β 

Why did I get all those down votes? I simply wondering was that some type of strategy to not get attacked in a war. Is there something wrong with that question??Β 

Edited by Darth Tryptophan
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 11/24/2022 at 2:46 AM, Mitsuru said:

Β 

https://politicsandwar.com/account/vacation/

>Vacation Mode is not intended as a tool to use to avoid wars, and it is not a "peace mode".

Β 

Β 

Other people have made the point well enough that it does not need to be thoroughly re-litigated, but this honestly was one of the most "bruh" moments I have ever had reading a comment on these forums. Fortunately, I think most of us know this is atypical for TKR.

People do have legit reasons for VM sometimes, and sometimes real life happens when we prefer it not to. Or, if someone was in a global war for six straight months or something like that, then I really doubt people will have the same issue with that as opposed to VMing after the first round of a fight.

• Upvote 3

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cΓΌmΒ Lazaro quondam paupere Γ¦ternam habeas requiem.

Β 

On 11/24/2022 at 6:16 AM, Thalmor said:

That said, the key word there isΒ mass.Β If it's not a strong double digit percentage, then it's probably not an effective attack. The reality is that war does require more activity than usual, and things do happen IRL. I don't believe the number of VM'ers in TKR (14%) Is high enough to where it's really indicative of a shortcoming in their community. Especially because I'm sure some of those were already in VM before the war.

To echo on this, I'm long past the point where I've gotten enjoyment from the game or where I have had time to play between school, job applications, irl stuff, etc.

I only maintain a nation because it's slightly better to be a 100/100 farm to help the TKR community than to delete my nation altogether. Β It gives me an excuse to be on slack with all of the friends I've made over the past few years and a way in which I can contribute without having to spend time I don't have on the game. Β People can say whatever shit they want about my VMing every war since I "left" the game, but I think it speaks to the strength of our community that I preferred to stick around in some barebones capacity than just simply delete and leave. Β I didn't want to leave my community even if I didn't have the time or desire for PnW. Β 

This is also a true for a few of our other nations who are perma-VMed and we keep them on the alliance as a testament to their previous service to our community. Β If you look through the names, these are folks like smith, deus, and legoboy. Β People who have truly left their mark on TKR and even on Orbis. Β By VMing, they get to stay a part of our community and contribute in slack/forums without wasting time they don't have to spare. Β 

I'd simply ask for y'all to respect how we as a TKR community have decided to handle these situations. Β Our community is important to all of us, even to folks like me who are mostly checked out. Β I hope this also provides context on why the OP was so frustrating for many of us. Β 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just FYI - Syndicate members really shouldn't be talking shit about TKR.

Keep in mind, you guys exercised one of the worst PR moves again in this game's history.

Β 

On the other hand, it does suck when people VM out of a war, even though it's old news at this point.Β  A lot of prominent players have done that in this game.

On 11/23/2022 at 1:51 PM, Mayor said:

Let me tell you something Firwof, The Knights Radiant is an alliance dedicated to game health and making sure our community is an inclusive and open place for everyone, simply put we don't tolerate utter garbage like yourself and the pants-hating Deulos. We would be well within our rights to permanently war your shitty little nation to send a message and prove to everyone the majority of The Knights Radiant is pro-war and only VM in certain understandable circumstances. To see some of the biggest jokes in Orbis try and attack our members is laughable and pathetic considering you both never perform well in literally every war and get kicked out of alliances more than anyone else. Not only that but you repeatedly make fools of yourselves on the forums, ruin all your credibility with everyone around you, and I imagine this trend continues in your personal life (such as insulting anyone with a different ideology and especially LGBT people).

Maybe look at your own glaring massive personal issues before you start attacking the determined, inclusive and passionate people of the best, most powerful and accepting, alliance this game has ever had because you simply wish you were on our level and had our talent. Anyways I got to get back to policing the world since my armor won't polish itself and no one else is capable of this task besides us.

I was originally not going to comment by I feel slightly inclined to putting the VMed ppl on blast is not really cool cause they most likely informed their alliances.

Β 

In addition attacking peoples character or personal life's is not exactly a good quality but if you intend to highlight some my poor qualities I suffer from sometimes I welcome you to keep attacking firwof and his character .

Β 

I have made it clear he is ego driven and overly emotionally invested, he picks to many fights and, hates on others to often, while ignoring facts but calling him anti lgbt Is a bit extreme as I am gay and, have had many at length talks with firwof I personally find those accusations to be oddly OOC driven and incorrect altho, I will state he is annoying and his political beliefs are brain numbing please insult people correctly and with a level of accuracy.

Edited by Nokia Rokia
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 6:46 PM, Mitsuru said:

Bruh, that is shitty!

Unless you have a good reason such as IRL stuff.

On 11/24/2022 at 11:26 AM, Krampus said:

Anyone who logs on pnw during their wedding is mega based and deserves to win player of the year.

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

Hi champ! Must be nice to have so little going on in your own life that you can concern yourself with other people's lives. Unfortunately that clearly still didn't leave you with enough time to notice that two of the three nations you identified started their VM a few turns before the Midgard blitz. Since VMs are for a minimum of 14 days, people who plan to be away without Internet access for shorter periods (say one week) may still choose to VM, and then find themselves online the second week.

Food for thought, but I think you'll generally find it much more enjoyable to mind your own business than stick your nose where it doesn't belong, particularly when you have no clue what the heck you're talking about.

Throw me to the wolves and I’ll return leading the pack.

6 hours ago, Mars said:

Hi champ! Must be nice to have so little going on in your own life that you can concern yourself with other people's lives. Unfortunately that clearly still didn't leave you with enough time to notice that two of the three nations you identified started their VM a few turns before the Midgard blitz. Since VMs are for a minimum of 14 days, people who plan to be away without Internet access for shorter periods (say one week) may still choose to VM, and then find themselves online the second week.

Food for thought, but I think you'll generally find it much more enjoyable to mind your own business than stick your nose where it doesn't belong, particularly when you have no clue what the heck you're talking about.

mars1.png

Nice work there champ!