[Cancellation]

Agent W

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

Seriously, @Hodor is right, Eclipse's attack on Cataclysm isn't a counter.  It's a outright declaration of war.

Eclipse has no ties to Midgard.  On the other hand, Cataclysm have no ties to OOsphere either.  So really @Keegoz and Cataclysm's decision to join in the fight is what sparked this stupidity.

In either case, Syndicate should defend Cataclysm, at least against Eclipse for their aggression during the 72hr window.

EDIT:

This is on the surface of treaty triggering.  Obviously there's something behind the scenes going on.

I'm gonna go out on a limb (not really at this point) and guess eclipse and co whispered in the ears of the immortals and co as being the reason this whole war kicked off.

Yes, I can't be bothered learning all the sphere's names because they change every 6 months anyway.

Edited by Charles Bolivar
  • Upvote 1

Untitled.png

6 minutes ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

I'll participate in this song and dance again, because this is the forums, and not Royal Orbis News.

Cataclysm came to us and said "Hey, we're joining this war on the side of TKR." They made it clear to us that this was not them just joining to attack Midgard, they joined specifically on the side of TKR, to defend them. They were not allies with TKR. They were allies with us. We made it clear that we did not support the idea, and would not get involved, but we said to them "You are a sovereign alliance, we will not tell you what you can and can not do." but we also made it clear to them that we disapproved of this, and would not participate in their plans.

Cataclysm joined the war, and as soon as they did, discussions began about ending the tie between us and them, because it was a major breach in trust. People can claim "Oh, well you didn't tell them no, so how could they have breached the trust, you gave them permission, this is your fault" and to those people, I will again point back to the fact that they are a sovereign alliance. They can do as they please, but they also bring upon themselves the repercussions for their actions. They came to us to talk about joining at around 8pm EST, and we made it clear we would not be joining and we asked them what their reasoning for joining was. We asked them what their CB for joining was. We asked them what the benefit to joining was. We received no solid answers, basically only being told "We want to" and soon after we were told "We're going in."

Cataclysm made the decision to go in, despite us being opposed to it. Cataclysm had no evident CB to go in. Cataclysm joined solely because they wanted to defend The Knights Radiant, and Withheld Sphere, an enemy sphere of ours that held alliances we were repeatedly hostile with. Cataclysm knew they were going in alone, and that we had no reason nor any interest in joining, and they acknowledged that they were going in entirely alone. 

Cataclysm came to this decision on their own. They went about it on their own. The repercussions of it are their own. We cut the tie with them three hours before day change, and they were attacked two hours later. Cataclysm acted selfishly, with no regard for what was best for the sphere. Cataclysm was attacked by Eclipse and Terminus Est, because they had joined the war as a third party. People can say whatever they desire about the war, but it was made abundantly clear that the war between Withheld and Midgard did not involve Ouroboros, nor did it involve Wayward.

If Cataclysm acted with no regard for their allies, or sphere-mates by joining the war, and bringing members of Ouroboros into the war, something that was clearly likely to occur, why should The Syndicate join the war? We made it clear we didn't want to help TKR. We made it clear we didn't think Cataclysm joining the war was a good idea. We made it clear we were not going to get involved. Cataclysm severed the tie of Wayward when they went against the interest of their allies in joining the war, and they brought this attack upon themselves.

Why should The Syndicate join the war to aid them? Why should The Syndicate go against what is best for itself to hold the hand of a former ally who foolishly joined a war they had no business joining? If The Syndicate joins the war against Eclipse and Terminus Est, it is clear and obvious to everyone present that Rose will militarize and join the war, and Wayward and Withheld are by no means strong enough to defeat both Midgard and Ouroboros together, but that there is the crux of the matter.

People do not care about the "sacred importance of the treaty." People do not care about the "Betrayal of one's allies." People do not care about the "Reputation and Legacy of The Syndicate." People are angry that The Syndicate looked at a situation, saw that it was a disaster, and chose to not join. People are angry that The Syndicate looked at a war that it had no business joining, and knew would be a disaster if it joined, and chose to act in the interest of itself, and its members. People are angry that The Syndicate is not going join a war only to be defeated and take a massive amount of damage, so people can mock it. People are angry that The Syndicate chose the logical path, the same path that I point out the vast majority of people in Orbis would have chosen.

So no, The Syndicate does not apologize for not giving you all entertainment. No, The Syndicate does not apologize for making an unpopular decision. No, The Syndicate does not apologize for not sacrificing itself for an ally that cared nothing for it, and enemies that mocked it and attacked it at practically every chance they had been given in the past. If you all believe your words will shame The Syndicate into making an idiotic decision that does not benefit itself and instead casts aside the wellbeing of the alliance for no reason, than I urge you to look in the mirror, because you're living a fantasy.

-Gaius Julius Caesar, Imperator of Imperium Romanum, Vice President of Public Relations

Alright so the time is difficult because of time zones and it's also 1am, so they were told like 1 or 2 hours before day change, not 3. I'm tired, I'm dealing with a migraine, I apologize for my inability to tell time, Romans don't do well with electronic time.

10 minutes ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

I'll participate in this song and dance again, because this is the forums, and not Royal Orbis News.

Cataclysm came to us and said "Hey, we're joining this war on the side of TKR." They made it clear to us that this was not them just joining to attack Midgard, they joined specifically on the side of TKR, to defend them. They were not allies with TKR. They were allies with us. We made it clear that we did not support the idea, and would not get involved, but we said to them "You are a sovereign alliance, we will not tell you what you can and can not do." but we also made it clear to them that we disapproved of this, and would not participate in their plans.

Cataclysm joined the war, and as soon as they did, discussions began about ending the tie between us and them, because it was a major breach in trust. People can claim "Oh, well you didn't tell them no, so how could they have breached the trust, you gave them permission, this is your fault" and to those people, I will again point back to the fact that they are a sovereign alliance. They can do as they please, but they also bring upon themselves the repercussions for their actions. They came to us to talk about joining at around 8pm EST, and we made it clear we would not be joining and we asked them what their reasoning for joining was. We asked them what their CB for joining was. We asked them what the benefit to joining was. We received no solid answers, basically only being told "We want to" and soon after we were told "We're going in."

Cataclysm made the decision to go in, despite us being opposed to it. Cataclysm had no evident CB to go in. Cataclysm joined solely because they wanted to defend The Knights Radiant, and Withheld Sphere, an enemy sphere of ours that held alliances we were repeatedly hostile with. Cataclysm knew they were going in alone, and that we had no reason nor any interest in joining, and they acknowledged that they were going in entirely alone. 

Cataclysm came to this decision on their own. They went about it on their own. The repercussions of it are their own. We cut the tie with them three hours before day change, and they were attacked two hours later. Cataclysm acted selfishly, with no regard for what was best for the sphere. Cataclysm was attacked by Eclipse and Terminus Est, because they had joined the war as a third party. People can say whatever they desire about the war, but it was made abundantly clear that the war between Withheld and Midgard did not involve Ouroboros, nor did it involve Wayward.

If Cataclysm acted with no regard for their allies, or sphere-mates by joining the war, and bringing members of Ouroboros into the war, something that was clearly likely to occur, why should The Syndicate join the war? We made it clear we didn't want to help TKR. We made it clear we didn't think Cataclysm joining the war was a good idea. We made it clear we were not going to get involved. Cataclysm severed the tie of Wayward when they went against the interest of their allies in joining the war, and they brought this attack upon themselves.

Why should The Syndicate join the war to aid them? Why should The Syndicate go against what is best for itself to hold the hand of a former ally who foolishly joined a war they had no business joining? If The Syndicate joins the war against Eclipse and Terminus Est, it is clear and obvious to everyone present that Rose will militarize and join the war, and Wayward and Withheld are by no means strong enough to defeat both Midgard and Ouroboros together, but that there is the crux of the matter.

People do not care about the "sacred importance of the treaty." People do not care about the "Betrayal of one's allies." People do not care about the "Reputation and Legacy of The Syndicate." People are angry that The Syndicate looked at a situation, saw that it was a disaster, and chose to not join. People are angry that The Syndicate looked at a war that it had no business joining, and knew would be a disaster if it joined, and chose to act in the interest of itself, and its members. People are angry that The Syndicate is not going join a war only to be defeated and take a massive amount of damage, so people can mock it. People are angry that The Syndicate chose the logical path, the same path that I point out the vast majority of people in Orbis would have chosen.

So no, The Syndicate does not apologize for not giving you all entertainment. No, The Syndicate does not apologize for making an unpopular decision. No, The Syndicate does not apologize for not sacrificing itself for an ally that cared nothing for it, and enemies that mocked it and attacked it at practically every chance they had been given in the past. If you all believe your words will shame The Syndicate into making an idiotic decision that does not benefit itself and instead casts aside the wellbeing of the alliance for no reason, than I urge you to look in the mirror, because you're living a fantasy.

-Gaius Julius Caesar, Imperator of Imperium Romanum, Vice President of Public Relations

image.png

I suppose if you're going to lie, might as well show it.

• Thanks 6

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Just now, Keegoz said:

Zimage.png

I suppose if you're going to lie, might as well show it.

I appreciate you posting a screenshot of me looking at the numbers and saying "we can't help this" as proof that we apparently..... What? Didn't like the idea? "ooooh you said we didn't have the numbers, you didn't say you disliked the idea, your point about this being a selfish war and us not burning for no purpose to bail us out is ruined by this screenshot of an embassy."

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

1 hour ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

You explained in depth about why you didn't want to fight Midgard, yet failed to explain why you refuse to protect your allies from Eclipse

• Upvote 6

sesame-street-the-count.gif

Tldr

I feel like role play isn't taken seriously anymore. Three points.

1. Ceasar was never imperator of a Roman Empire.

2. If he was, he then wouldn't be president of PR.

3. If he would be a president, he wouldn't be a *vice* president, but the mfing prime president!

Edited by Arthur Wellington
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

This reads like one of those painful, contentless weight-loss videos full of posers.  No-one is angry except you it seems.  There does not appear any breach of trust here, just a breach of your underlying grudges against TKR.  I'm so glad we dropped you when we did!!

Additionally the assumption that eclipse has come in because of cata joining has yet to be qualified to those of us not in the back channels.  Reasonable this assumption may be, it'd be interesting to have something more solid than circumstance to support this, or some other reason. 

Edited by Etat
  • Upvote 4

Celer Et Audax

27 minutes ago, Arthur Wellington said:

I feel like role play isn't taken seriously anymore. Three points.

1. Ceasar was never imperator of a Roman Empire.

2. If he was, he then wouldn't be president of PR.

3. If he would be a president, he wouldn't be a *vice* president, but the mfing prime president!

Ah but he was declared an imperator under the republic. But then the word imperator itself hasn't been translated perfectly or correctly into the English language either for that matter. It forms the root word of 'emperor' without meaning exactly emperor itself in a manner of speaking.

So yes, better roleplay is required if we are to resolve this travesty.

Edited by Charles Bolivar

Untitled.png

1 minute ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Ah but he was declared an imperator under the republic. But then the word imperator itself hasn't been translated perfectly or correctly into the English language either for that matter.

So yes, better roleplay is required.

True, so that's why I didn't mistakenly corrected that, but imperium Romanum, the Roman Empire, came after Caesar and started with Augustus. 

I do feel point two and three are the stronger points though. Hopefully he will rectify that. perhaps a petition?

Just now, Arthur Wellington said:

True, so that's why I didn't mistakenly corrected that, but imperium Romanum, the Roman Empire, came after Caesar and started with Augustus. 

I do feel point two and three are the stronger points though. Hopefully he will rectify that. perhaps a petition?

Well yes, Caesar would would never have allowed himself to be a deputy leader of tS. It's rather more likely he would have been the leader of a crappy micro instead of a mere deputy.

Im paraphrasing of course.

But considering the amount of spin and propaganda found within his commentaries, the PR angle isn't entirely incorrect now that I think on it 🤔

Untitled.png

12 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Well yes, Caesar would would never have allowed himself to be a deputy leader of tS. It's rather more likely he would have been the leader of a crappy micro instead of a mere deputy.

Im paraphrasing of course.

But considering the amount of spin and propaganda found within his commentaries, the PR angle isn't entirely incorrect now that I think on it 🤔

Yes and to speak in favor of the PR thing, Ceasar did employ loads of PR people to make himself well known. Hmz. So the vice president thing is the only one that really really sticks. So far.

And to stay on topic,

I think cancellation was a good thing, war is a messy thing and all aa's need to feel good about what they are doing.

5 hours ago, Charles Bolivar said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb (not really at this point) and guess eclipse and co whispered in the ears of the immortals and co as being the reason this whole war kicked off.

Yes, I can't be bothered learning all the sphere's names because they change every 6 months anyway.

No one whispered in any of our ears to start this war. This is our doing we wanted a fair one v one like the rest of the game wanted. Now somehow this move was a bait to lure you guys into a trap. And you guys wonder why no one else makes moves in this game. That’s because every time someone does something that isn’t in your favour you guys complain and make up wild conspiracy theories. Not everything revolves are you guys there are those who just want a fun war without being interrupted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Kan0601 said:

No one whispered in any of our ears to start this war. This is our doing we wanted a fair one v one like the rest of the game wanted. Now somehow this move was a bait to lure you guys into a trap. And you guys wonder why no one else makes moves in this game. That’s because every time someone does something that isn’t in your favour you guys complain and make up wild conspiracy theories. Not everything revolves are you guys there are those who just want a fun war without being interrupted.

I totally and 100% believe you.

Untitled.png

7 hours ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

People are angry that The Syndicate chose the logical path, the same path that I point out the vast majority of people in Orbis would have chosen.

TIL if bold and italicize a statement, you don't need to prove it's veracity.

I have the biggest e-penis in all of Orbis.

The rest of that statement is a lot of gibberish. The one take away from it is t$ substituted its obsession with Grumpy for an obsession with TKR. You know Cata didn't defend TKR because they luuvvvvvv them, they did it because it was the best option for survival in the face of an Oreo threat.

• Upvote 3