11/14/2014 - Embargoes & Activity!

Alex

• Administrators

A quick features update I think you guys will enjoy.

1. Nations can now embargo entire alliances. Works the same way embargoing nations does, you add and remove embargoes the same way. If you embargo an alliance, you will not be able to trade with any nation (even applicants) listed as part of that alliance. If someone leaves that alliance, they will be able to trade with you again.
  2. Alliance activity has been added. It's a little box just like the nation activity, and records things like: Members applying, leaving, alliance color changes, new announcements, and tax rate changes. Should make your lives a little easier.
  3. Nation activity now also records when you login so you can keep track of others' activity a little better.

Enjoy this small update guys!

EDIT: By request, I've created links you guys can use to manipulate and send out to make mass-embargoing easier. Here is the example link:

https://politicsandwar.com/index.php?id=68&name=Guardian&type=a

Where name={This will be your nation or alliance name} and type={a for an alliance, n for a nation}

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Logins record is annoying, what a spam if youre active o_O  And i feel totally monitored now -.-'

Can you make an option to at least turn it off, so i cant see it?  gb2ko7pl.png

Edited by Wilhelm II
  • Upvote 1

Sheepy, can we see when someone changes rank in an alliance? Like, when an applicant becomes a member?

Also, please remove the log-in thing. It makes it far to easy to watch someones login times and dow them when they go offline for the night

• Upvote 4

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

How can you set embargos? I don't see where to do it at.

You have to go to the trade screen, then click Embargoes, then type in the nation name (not the ruler name, and spelling counts).

It would be nice if there was a link on nation pages though.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Im liking this update

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

• Administrators

How can you set embargos? I don't see where to do it at. 

When you visit the trade page: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/trade/display=world there's a link called " Embargoes". You can use that to add and delete embargoes.

Logins record is annoying, what a spam if youre active o_O  And i feel totally monitored now -.-'

Can you make an option to at least turn it off, so i cant see it?  gb2ko7pl.png

I didn't realize it would be as spammy as it is. I've removed this now.

Sheepy, can we see when someone changes rank in an alliance? Like, when an applicant becomes a member?

Also, please remove the log-in thing. It makes it far to easy to watch someones login times and dow them when they go offline for the night

I've updated it so it will record when permissions are changed as well.

I see that a nation can embargo other nations and alliances. But can an alliance embargo other alliances or individual nations? And if so, how?

No, alliances do not have the power to directly embargo other alliances or nations. Of course, an alliance leader could always instruct his members to all embargo X nation or Y alliance.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

No. A nation embargoing an alliance is just a shorthand so that nation doesn't need to type in each member of the alliance individually.

Nations do not trade with alliances. An alliance bank cannot purchase items off the global market, nor can it place orders for sale on the global market.

The alliance itself does not participate in trade, and so it cannot place embargoes. The alliance must rely on the compliance of its members in order to block trade with a particular nation or alliance.

• Upvote 2

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

• Administrators

I like most of the updates.  However, not a fan of seeing how many times I log in. 

That has been removed, it no longer tracks when you log in.

Forums Rules | Game Link