What would I need to do to start a mercenary alliance.

Juan Ponce De Leon

2 hours ago, Juan Ponce De Leon said:

So I am interested in possibly making a mercenary alliance. How do I start one that isn't just a steaming pile of dog... Also, how do I even make it profitable? 

By not making it your main focus, wars are expensive, many doesn't really realize how expensive. One of the main problems with merc services was that they where extremely underpriced, often even on purpose to try and pull in customers, but even when they try to raise prices they normally don't earn enough to cover for what they would have earned doing other stuff. 
So in general merc services don't last to long with the exception of Arrgh, that can use it's reputation to pull in customers, instead of offering low prices, and has a better understanding of actually cost.
Merc contract isen't always going be a daily thing, and when it is, it often new players trying to hire a merc, while not being able to afford one. 

So do other stuff, that give you money while you wait between contracts. 
Second thing is that people have to trust you, which is something Arrgh build heavily on, Arrgh normally demand payment upfront, but if they where to fail the contract or something unexpected happened that prevent the contract being carried out, the client get their money back, while being offered an alternative solution if possible.

Arrgh has a rep for being expensive, but trustworty and getting the job done. 
That is around the 3 point you need to work with, price, trust, and war experience. So i would suggest trying to join a raider alliance, and get some war experience in, try to get some insight into how they run merc services, and not just the direct cost of war, but what you might have earned declaring on another guy, or farmed doing that time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

tenor (1).gif

• 3 months later...