[Peace Agreement] “The Way the Cookie Crumbles” war end.

Utter Nutter

3 hours ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

Congratulations to everyone on peace. I have to say however, the NAP is a surprising one to me. As @Zed and @Dr James Wilson said in their posts, I was under the impression that members of this war were against NAPs as a concept? Rose and their allies at the time, as well as Grumpy and Guardian and Oblivion I believe all signed a public treaty, stating all of them disagreed with NAPs, especially ones that lasted longer than the war that was just fought. @Marikayou were the one who announced the treaty, if I recall. Am I missing any sort of details?

Yes.

• Haha 2

Untitled.png

7 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Sorry bud, despite just getting burned by not having a nap for the last war, it was your alliance leaders that wanted one, we actually stand by our word unless forced to do otherwise.

Also nice to see that even after we lost a war, we have so much real estate inside of Eclipse's head they continue to try to talk shit.  FYI Sphinx congrats on finally being able to win a war against Grumpy, all we had to do was leave you alone for 2-3 years, and then split off into a bloc of about 100 total members for you to be able to pull it off.  Most people when you learn to ride a bike, you take the training wheels off, for you friend, I was happy to put them back on for you.  Nice to see you exercising extreme caution putting on the knee and elbow pads too with that 3 month NAP, got your helmet too, by allying the two largest alliances in the game. 

I was gonna stop with the training wheels, but damn that analogy just kept writing itself.

Hold on there!

I started out with a 'sorry' already! One doesn't follow a sorry with a mean tirade! That's not nice. 

T'was but a joke. Old people. Nap. Like sleeping a bit. Haha. Hihi. That stuff..

30 minutes ago, Arthur Wellington said:

Hold on there!

I started out with a 'sorry' already! One doesn't follow a sorry with a mean tirade! That's not nice. 

T'was but a joke. Old people. Nap. Like sleeping a bit. Haha. Hihi. That stuff..

SRD overdosing on copium as per usual

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BigMorf said:

2. It is our belief that non-aggression pacts should not be signed after short wars, especially not for longer than the length of said war.

Here's the text. Would think a nap that is about 3x longer than the war itself would clarify. 

Signatories for this including Rose, ASM, Weebumism... 

Not surprising though. 

Interesting

Edited by Nonna
  • Like 1

So I guess fighting for literally 3 months in back to back wars doesn’t count towards 3 month NAP. Great. 

Additionally, I guess GoB, Guardian, and Oblivion are “majority of the game”

Z and Hippo love to exaggerate.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

13 hours ago, BigMorf said:

2. It is our belief that non-aggression pacts should not be signed after short wars, especially not for longer than the length of said war.

Here's the text. Would think a nap that is about 3x longer than the war itself would clarify. 

Signatories for this including Rose, ASM, Weebumism... 

Not surprising though. 

Truthfully, if not for being relentlessly attacked throughout the course of the war despite being an uninvolved party, I don't think ASM would have needed to be part of the NAP~

In any case, well fought to our allies and congrats on peace~

Edited by Arawra
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

12 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Also nice to see that even after we lost a war, we have so much real estate inside of Eclipse's head they continue to try to talk shit.

If this is true of talking about any alliance you've just beaten, Rose would have enough collective real estate in GGO's heads to cover the entirety of Asia 

Hell, Rose has enough free real estate in Hidude's head alone to put Elon Musk to shame 

Edited by KindaEpicMoah
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

Gotta love Rose's penchant for NAPs.

Little does Orbis know that I strongarmed Ouroubourous FA to force a NAP so that I don't burn out. :v GGO spy ops are too precious to not micro-manage personally.

Guardian in particular was a thrill as always - kept me on my toes and led to me learning a couple new strategies.

Also I got nuked by both Samwise and Belisarius (birthday nukes!) this war! I am radiating with joy (and radiation) \o/

• Like 2
xzhPlEh.png?1

2 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Huh?

It's Kastor, he recently made a thread asking people to explain years of history to him since he sat inactive in Rose for an eternity. Suffice to say he does not know what he is talking about. He should focus instead on robbing Rose bank imho.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Kastor said:

So I guess fighting for literally 3 months in back to back wars doesn’t count towards 3 month NAP. Great. 

Additionally, I guess GoB, Guardian, and Oblivion are “majority of the game”

Z and Hippo love to exaggerate.

Wow I didn't realize Kastor returned. Gotta pay more attention to the forums. Let me lead us in prayer to welcome the return of Lord A Aron.

ahem...

Lord A Aron who art In VM

Hallowed be thy name

Thy bank be gone

Thy will be done

in 2022 as it was in 2017

Give us this day our daily thread,

and forgive us our shitposts,

as we forgive those who shitpost against us,

and lead us not into hegemony,

but deliver us from NAPs.

For thine is the alliance and the sphere, and the glory.

Forever and ever.

Amen.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

On 10/9/2022 at 8:06 PM, Zed said:

Why would it count? They are not the same war.

Moreover, if you are referring to Fault In Our Stars as a back-to-back for the signatories in question, it lasted 35 days. This war lasted 38 days. That’s still short of the 85ish this NAP has in it. The numbers do not add up for the length of the conflicts, even if you want to add them together. But why even add them? As stated before, they are not the same war.

The problem here is not that an NAP of any length was signed. NAP treaties have a place in the game as the meta has decided it, and there are no problems with having one at all.

The problem here is not that the war lasted a bit over a month. Wars will have variable lengths, and while I presume we as a community are done with wars that last as long as a human pregnancy, a month is well within bounds.

The problem here is not that there was a back-to-back war where the defender the first go-round went offensive in the second. There are meta conventions now where you do not immediately double-tap offensive wars on the same alliance, but this war is not that.

None of these are problems.

I can recall that alliances who did not sign the global NAP treaty were widely mocked and condemned by those who did. Alliances who did not do this were ruining the spirit of the game. Alliances who did not do this were willing to directly harm the game and its community by not agreeing to the “flavor of the month” for restoring justice and fun to the game.

The problem is the moral grandstanding that comes from proclaiming that an alliance will sign a binding resolution saying they will do an action for the positive health of the game, and then violate said resolution without its termination.

If people in this game are so hard-on to get treaty politics back in the game, to have better cultural norms around how conflicts are handled, and to do global politics that are actually interesting… then people in this game should not have their actions be divorced from their words.

Signing a global declaration that ensures an NAP will not last longer than the length of a war, and then signing an NAP that is significantly longer than a war a few months after doing so, is actions divorced from words. I had a very low opinion of that NAP treaty when it was signed, but if that was just an excuse to score spicy roast points for a time only to be forgotten while still in effect months later, then my opinion of it is somehow even lower.

If there had been an NAP signed for about a month in this war, which would put it right about on Armistice Day on the real life calendar, I really doubt anyone would have said anything. It would have been in line with the signed NAP treaty, and been within conventions of the meta as the community has supposedly decided it.

Allow me to play devil’s advocate and respond on their behalf, ehem:

copium so much salt neckbeard noises seethe*

*The silence between words is Rose’s response.

Edited by Hodor
  • Haha 2

On 10/9/2022 at 12:24 AM, alyster said:

After some morons voting for The Fault in Our Stars for last global, can we make this one standard for all following wars?

Dosen't most wars end in a white peace? or "white peace" with secret terms. 

• Upvote 1

tenor (1).gif