[Proposal/Suggestion] Fix alliance recruitment

The Titan

I quite like the idea but as the commenter above stated I don't know if it could be feasible implemented or would be the best use of time. 

Why are you reading this.

1 hour ago, The Titan said:

send-messages api

Can we get it in the alliance control panel instead? It took me months to acquire a means to use the api for this that works, and even then it required me to put my login information which is really sus. And even then I was told I could not share it publicly. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

As much as I like the idea, I don't see how this prevents new players getting bombarded/spammed with recruitment messages because even if each alliance only sends one out there will at least be a dozen of those within the turn someone creates their account. Putting a hard block preventing the new player to receive any message (besides maybe hard-coded specific accounts like Mountania) until the ingame objectives or a new player guideline informs the player about alliances and recruitment messages might be a solution to this, allowing the user to un/toggle this block on their settings or something. This toggle option can further be integrated with your idea of having flagged messages where someone can block recruitment messages instead of all.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Can we get it in the alliance control panel instead? It took me months to acquire a means to use the api for this that works, and even then it required me to put my login information which is really sus. And even then I was told I could not share it publicly. 

Send message API should not need your login. Though yeah I agree definitely that maybe having something like that in the ACP as long as it doesn't break could be interesting. 

5 hours ago, The Titan said:

Each alliance can only send one recruitment message per new player

Yeah, some alliances seem to be sending one for the main alliance and one for the training alliance which imo should not be allowed, I guess it becomes difficult to regulate whether something is only one entity but there could definitely be some more enforcement done there. 

• Upvote 3

unknown.png

4 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

The send message API does not require your login information. Additionally, a really great open source tool for sending messages is https://bar3.bsnk.dev

With a basic understanding of POST requests, using the send message API is very simple 

4 hours ago, Kuuhaku said:

~snip~

Perhaps the option to receive recruitment message can be disabled by default, and in the new tutorial it can show you how to enable them?

• Upvote 2

Peace in our time

We would add a option for the player to select the rankings they may need interested in and they get messages from them.

Like: The top 50 for example then messages come  from them only.

Not sure how this will work out tho so any suggestion is a welcome one.

We got to make the game more welcoming to those that don't want to feel overwhelmed but just want to the play the game , make friends and have fun,

Edited by Nonna

12 hours ago, Nonna said:

We would add a option for the player to select the rankings they may need interested in and they get messages from them.

Like: The top 50 for example then messages come  from them only.

Not sure how this will work out tho so any suggestion is a welcome one.

We got to make the game more welcoming to those that don't want to feel overwhelmed but just want to the play the game , make friends and have fun,

As much as I like this, it would also definitely require a lot more work on the development side.

Gotta keep things simple for em or we're gonna be waiting a while 😅 (<3 You Alex)

• Thanks 1

Peace in our time