Buff Dem Nukes

darkblade

Alright, so here me out. Nukes are mainly used by the defensive side of a war to deal as much damage as possible, but I think we can add a second use for nukes. If a nuke is successful at hitting it's intended target, all improvements in said city will be disabled for the player to use for x amount of days (5 days for example). Over the span of the 5 days, the city will slowly have random improvements reenabled (percentage based) until the timer reaches zero (when x amount of turns have passed). An alternative to the x amount of days method would be a timed method based on how many improvements said city has. Every turn, 1-2 random improvement will be reenabled for said city until all improvements have been reenabled. This would punish nations that have large a lot of improvements. It's an idea I came up with while in a conversation with lefty and abbadon which shoutout to them for giving their thoughts on this idea.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

So, I think it makes sense for nuclear capable nations wanting to improve nukes, but when you're the one getting nuked constantly, as I used to be a few weeks ago, I think that nukes are already so damaging to smaller nations and those without a large stockpile of money and resources that increasing the damage they can inflict would make nuclear capable nations overpowered against those who are not.

• Upvote 1

Hello. I don't know what to put here right now.

I hope you're having a lovely day : )

7 hours ago, darkblade said:

all improvements in said city will be disabled

Including mil improvements? So they couldn't rebuy?

I feel like this would be an interesting separate weapon. Little infra damage but disables improvements. EMP. 

• Upvote 4

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

1 hour ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Including mil improvements? So they couldn't rebuy?

I feel like this would be an interesting separate weapon. Little infra damage but disables improvements. EMP. 

pretty much, but I don't think it will affect the nation's military that much, even if you coordinate with two other people to try and get 2 nukes in per person (6 in total), the odds of that happening are very low.

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png