Kastor

7 hours ago, Kastor said:

Until Law School

Take my hand and we'll make a shadow.

As a 2L, I feel like I should advise you to stay away from law school

• Haha 1

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

Hello, my friend! I'm assuming you're returning to the game after being away for so long! Welcome back! As for what happened regarding NPO, they were caught cheating. They managed to recruit ~1000 new players in a short amount of time to an extension of theirs known as "Guinea Pig Whaling Corps" ("GPWC"). Obviously, this caused a lot of suspicion across the game's community, as it doesn't make much sense to have that many players in a single alliance coming in all at once. But, an initial investigation concluded that all of these players were separate and not multi accounts, and as a result, the admins basically just left the situation alone for now. But some time later, more details came out that NPO was involved in a full-blown operation in mass recruiting players from a community that was dedicated towards "manwha" (Korean comics) and they got them all to sign up in exchange for English-language translations of said "manwha". If you don't know, this is widely regarded as a serious breach of game rules. (There is a rule that doesn't allow exchange of IRL goods in exchange for in-game goods or something along those lines). This whole operation allowed NPO and their coalition a massive advantage due to NPO "tax farming" them (setting them all on 100/100 taxes) in a war that was going on at the time. NPO required the "manwha readers" to log in just enough so they could continue taxing them or else, they would deny them access to the comics if they weren't taxable until they made the necessary changes. Alex ended up banning NPO leadership (who were behind the whole operation) and NPO was essentially disbanded (although they still exist in-game technically, although they are mostly a dead alliance with only a few fairly inactive players). Hope this answers your question! If it doesn't and you had a different question, please let me know, thanks! 
blobheart.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Signed, Mega, the kindest person ever! ♥️

Proud Member of Event Horizon

DISCLAIMER: Any post that I make or my response to one is NOT in any way representative of the alliance I'm in, unless explicitly stated otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 1:10 PM, Marika said:

tbh I'm a little hazy up until the end of Quack bc I also faded out of existence for a bit after NPOLT - because @Buorhann decided a year-long NAP was somehow a great idea and it made a lot of people basically log off for a year. I'm going to bold all the key pieces so you can quickly skim and get the gist.

Come corrected or get corrected.

(6mos =! 1 year)

Edited by Buorhann
  • Haha 1