Commentaries on the War

Raphael

17 hours ago, hidude45454 said:

My biggest gripe with politics is how dumbed down it's become. There's always been people throwing salt accusations around but when it's basically the only thing that happens these days (and I blame RON entirely for this) alongside just snark one-liners there's really no incentive to participate.

Screw it, fine I'll bite. How is this entirely RON's fault? Really please explain how your news server is any different than RON? I'm in both and the way I see it the same garbage goes on in both servers. And your hypocritical ass contributes to it just as much.

Remember this post? Instead of continuing the discussion you went out of your way to ping me in DNN just so you could have your whole clique jump on me along with yourself instead of just continuing the public discussion in public. Give your head a shake hidude, how you can point the finger and not realize your also part of the problem IS THE EXACT PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME.

Read that again, but slowly before you reply.🤷‍♂️

Edit : Just for clarities sake your damn right I'm also part of that issue, I simply matched the energy that's given out everywhere I look. It's a shame but the other option is to be a nameless player that never contributes at all, which might be the better choice frankly.

Edited by SleepingNinja
  • Like 3

image.png?ex=65f5acc8&is=65e337c8&hm=1606ce00348e48cf652f897b3bc05280d703dba4c8d18f7b009ab2ca44a5283b&

1 hour ago, SleepingNinja said:

Remember this post? Instead of continuing the discussion you went out of your way to ping me in DNN just so you could have your whole clique jump on me along with yourself instead of just continuing the public discussion in public. Give your head a shake hidude, how you can point the finger and not realize your also part of the problem IS THE EXACT PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME.

The conversation:

image.thumb.png.152d3193189dc39fbc212590e9221087.png

The "clique" that jumped on you: 

image.thumb.png.963572184dc9e78409c305f7ed4bfb69.png

*conversation ends*

Confused Nick Young | Know Your Meme

I get the need to improve forum activity, but not every comment requires a forum post. 

Edited by KindaEpicMoah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

The conversation:

image.thumb.png.152d3193189dc39fbc212590e9221087.png

The "clique" that jumped on you: 

image.thumb.png.963572184dc9e78409c305f7ed4bfb69.png

*conversation ends*

Confused Nick Young | Know Your Meme

I get the need to improve forum activity, but not every comment requires a forum post. 

Luckily I had a reasonable explanation, but the intention was the point. 🤷‍♂️

Either way why not just post on the forums where the conversation itself was going on in the first place, what other reason would there be?

Edited by SleepingNinja

image.png?ex=65f5acc8&is=65e337c8&hm=1606ce00348e48cf652f897b3bc05280d703dba4c8d18f7b009ab2ca44a5283b&

2 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

Luckily I had a reasonable explanation, but the intention was the point. 🤷‍♂️

Either way why not just post on the forums where the conversation itself was going on in the first place, what other reason would there be?

...what? Why do some people in this game always take everything so personally rofl.

I'm glad I still clearly remember this happening so I can pick apart everything you said. I pinged you in DNN because 1. It wasn't worthy enough to be a forum post, nor did I feel like distracting from that thread, and 2. Discord was the easiest place to reach you and get a quick response. It was in no way my intention to pile onto you, nor do I have a "clique" ready to attack whoever I want rofl, but if you want to come at me so hard for your preconceived notions then piss right off with your condescending attitude lmfao.

4 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

Edit : Just for clarities sake your damn right I'm also part of that issue, I simply matched the energy that's given out everywhere I look. It's a shame but the other option is to be a nameless player that never contributes at all, which might be the better choice frankly.

This is the EXACT PROBLEM I am referring to. First off, literally no one is telling you to act the way you are most of the time, YOU are choosing to act the way you act. In fact, a lot of the time I see you as the one instigating. Second, if you don't like the energy of a conversation, you have every right to WALK AWAY. This is exactly what I do when I feel an argument is fruitless and so you have no one to blame but yourself. Sure, dumb conversations happen on DNN too; it's 2022, lots of overlap in membership, etc. But RON was the one to pioneer the model, and I could go into many more reasons why I am in DNN and not RON but that would be to the detriment of this thread. In any case, focus your ire somewhere else -- I've worked harder than most to bring the focus back to forums and respond to serious discussion with my show and WoTs. The other option is not just "to be a nameless player". The other option is make discussion worth responding to on your own and stop sinking to the bottom of the crap along with everyone else.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

...what? Why do some people in this game always take everything so personally rofl.

I'm glad I still clearly remember this happening so I can pick apart everything you said. I pinged you in DNN because 1. It wasn't worthy enough to be a forum post, nor did I feel like distracting from that thread, and 2. Discord was the easiest place to reach you and get a quick response. It was in no way my intention to pile onto you, nor do I have a "clique" ready to attack whoever I want rofl, but if you want to come at me so hard for your preconceived notions then piss right off with your condescending attitude lmfao.

This is the EXACT PROBLEM I am referring to. First off, literally no one is telling you to act the way you are most of the time, YOU are choosing to act the way you act. In fact, a lot of the time I see you as the one instigating. Second, if you don't like the energy of a conversation, you have every right to WALK AWAY. This is exactly what I do when I feel an argument is fruitless and so you have no one to blame but yourself. Sure, dumb conversations happen on DNN too; it's 2022, lots of overlap in membership, etc. But RON was the one to pioneer the model, and I could go into many more reasons why I am in DNN and not RON but that would be to the detriment of this thread. In any case, focus your ire somewhere else -- I've worked harder than most to bring the focus back to forums and respond to serious discussion with my show and WoTs. The other option is not just "to be a nameless player". The other option is make discussion worth responding to on your own and stop sinking to the bottom of the crap along with everyone else.

So pinging me in your public news server was easier than just sending a DM my way? It would have been just as easy so that's pretty disingenuous at best. I have every reason to believe that you wished to publicly embarrass me. Secondly it was on topic of the conversation at hand within the given thread, perhaps a sub-topic of the actual topic at hand but it was in no way derailing towards the thread at hand. Given that I do have reason to believe that there was at least a bit of a personal stake in it. Given you & probably most of the users in DNN have no idea who I am and vice versa there's ample reason to believe you wished to pull me into a situation which would be uncomfortable for myself.

Secondly, I brought this up because of posts like this

By this point in the thread the only person working at RON that posted was Monti, and he didn't say anything worthy of making this comment, so please elaborate on why you've been taking these kinds of potshots at RON every other post you make when RON literally has nothing to do with any of the subject matter in at the very least that thread there. Unless for some reason your associating myself with RON since I was more or less the only one as you would say 'instigating' in that thread, so anyone in CTO = RON? Now I'm not saying you haven't tried in respects but your also guilty of what you've said about me, your content in this post added absolutely nothing in an alliance affairs thread that had nothing to do with RON and was completely off-topic. Which is odd since you'll ping me over when you think we're derailing a thread that wasn't really all that off topic then jump into another one and do exactly that? Do you see why I decided to engage now? 

Now that all being said I'll agree with you on a few points, firstly I absolutely despise news servers. But I'm also forced to participate if I wish to be an active member of the PnW community. Your also correct about not engaging in the first place and walking away as well but if I just did that then you wouldn't see anything wrong with your own behavior since nobody else will ever tell you otherwise. The real difference between us, your respected and known throughout the community, since I've joined I have always found myself or the alliance I'm in being shit on by the community at large.. The other difference being as we can see clearly in the screenshot posted by KindaEpic, my writing skills are simply not on the level of those of other alliance leaders or players of influence [Skill issue?] while on the other hand yours are. You are in a position to set the example while I am not. So it's disappointing seeing you flip-flop on this. I do apologize for the 'Clique' comment though, but the fact is your friends are more than happy to step in and defend you as evidenced here, and those screens KindaEpic dropped for us all to read, even though you clearly don't need it.

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Cooper_ said:

So bottom line is that current FA folks need to think about their priorities.  Is it solely a strategic game now of friends and enemies where you're just trying to maximize the time you're on top?  Or do you have a vision for the future of the game and are willing to put yourself on the line to achieve it?

I laugh at the idea that someone in FA has a vision or dreams...

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

13 hours ago, J Kell said:

I laugh at the idea that someone in FA has a vision or dreams...

Of course you do, you are a 5 city nation in a 2 man alliance.  You are so far below the point of being involved in anything of matter, you might as well be an ant in a city of giants.

Sleeping.. you are upset because Horsecock was PG rated mean to you?  Have you ever actually talked to that dude?  I have to put up with harsher insults from him when he messages me asking for something.   Also you do not have to be in the news rooms to interact and be active with the game.  I would like to think I am pretty involved with the game and you would be hard pressed to see me in those channels, unless i get invited to do some show or something.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Sleeping.. you are upset because Horsecock was PG rated mean to you?  Have you ever actually talked to that dude?  I have to put up with harsher insults from him when he messages me asking for something.   Also you do not have to be in the news rooms to interact and be active with the game.  I would like to think I am pretty involved with the game and you would be hard pressed to see me in those channels, unless i get invited to do some show or something.

Not at all. I'm upset because the one player I looked up to has been acting more and more immature with his posting recently and I simply had enough of it and said something. I already know that I cave to my own immaturity so it's disillusioning to see it coming from the player I saw as a role model. You should know I overreact in most of my posts by now lol.😅

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Of course you do, you are a 5 city nation in a 2 man alliance.  You are so far below the point of being involved in anything of matter, you might as well be an ant in a city of giants.

Some day Ronny, some day I'll be big enough to give you the bop on the nose you deserve. Nice to know you checked out my nation page and see that I role with OG @Pika right now. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

On 9/8/2022 at 3:19 PM, SleepingNinja said:

So pinging me in your public news server was easier than just sending a DM my way? It would have been just as easy so that's pretty disingenuous at best. I have every reason to believe that you wished to publicly embarrass me. Secondly it was on topic of the conversation at hand within the given thread, perhaps a sub-topic of the actual topic at hand but it was in no way derailing towards the thread at hand. Given that I do have reason to believe that there was at least a bit of a personal stake in it. Given you & probably most of the users in DNN have no idea who I am and vice versa there's ample reason to believe you wished to pull me into a situation which would be uncomfortable for myself.

Yes, I despise DMing people and avoid doing it whenever possible. There is a reason why I talk so much in public areas and not so much in DMs. I find it funny you're accusing me of being disingenuous when you're literally trying to blow a situation way out of proportion by putting negative intentions into my mouth, and honestly you're just overthinking the situation way way too much at this point.

On 9/8/2022 at 3:19 PM, SleepingNinja said:

By this point in the thread the only person working at RON that posted was Monti, and he didn't say anything worthy of making this comment, so please elaborate on why you've been taking these kinds of potshots at RON every other post you make when RON literally has nothing to do with any of the subject matter in at the very least that thread there. Unless for some reason your associating myself with RON since I was more or less the only one as you would say 'instigating' in that thread, so anyone in CTO = RON? Now I'm not saying you haven't tried in respects but your also guilty of what you've said about me, your content in this post added absolutely nothing in an alliance affairs thread that had nothing to do with RON and was completely off-topic. Which is odd since you'll ping me over when you think we're derailing a thread that wasn't really all that off topic then jump into another one and do exactly that? Do you see why I decided to engage now?

It doesn't matter about who is working or not working at RON lmao, my issue is that RON promotes a lot of short-form Twitter-like commentary that is designed only for laughs or to mock or dance around other parties without making any effort to meaningfully engage them. So when all I see on forums is "haha copium" or "I don't like you so haha sucks to be you" it just sounds a lot like the average poorly-informed RON commentary and there is literally no reason to engage any of it, hence the decrease in meaningful political dialogue this war and the last few as well as the overall lower quality of political content coming out of the game.

For the rest of that paragraph and the one below, again you're overanalyzing it way too much. My world doesn't revolve around you, nor do I have the energy to concoct master plans to embarrass you or whatever (and frankly this is the last I want to speak of this already).

On 9/8/2022 at 3:24 PM, Krampus said:

Damn RON, the cause of all our problems!!!! 😤

I didn't mean to derail this post, which is why I initially responded with a meme to your comment and didn't argue further, but since it's already been derailed and made into this tit for tat, i'll bite and go down this rabbit hole. I hope this will be the first, and last WoT that i post about this. Apologies in advance @Marika

Back when I started getting into community servers, around, what 2018-19?, there wasn't really (m)any public places for everyone in P&W to come together to have conversations. Sure, there were the forums, the official server, and other places such as news servers and some radio shows here and there, but each had its own shortcomings, such as the forums being dead, the official server being plagued by noobs and heavy handed moderation (Yes, I know I'm one to talk), and other community servers being both. The reason RON grew and "pioneered the model" as you say, is because we brought a few people in the community together to talk regularly in the balkans. A few turned into some, some turned into more, and it became what it is today.

What I mean to get at is, RON didn't create this "dumbed down politics" with nothing but witty one liner remarks you ceaselessly accuse us of, it's a natural result of people interacting with others on a browser game. The main issue is, you can not expect everyone to be as involved in this game as you are, and contribute to any discussion, be it on the forums or somewhere else, as constructively or with the same passion as you can. In reality, that only happens with a fraction of the people in any community, which is why you see the same people engaging in public settings no matter where you go. The reason you can correctly claim to have invested more than most into making the forums active, is because there isn't that many people who care about the forums/game/community as much as you do, and that isn't your fault, but constantly complaining about it and pointing fingers at this perceived reason isn’t helping anyone. This problem existed in some form or another before we/you did, and it'll still exist long after we've left the game. 

So, please, drop this pointless vendetta, and, to quote you, focus your ire/energy somewhere else. 

Ah yes, copying the tS model of quoting my posts when I'm absolutely right, you love to see it.

The issue I take with this is that RON USED to be good, and basically everyone I talk to these days is most in agreement with this. There was a period of time where discussion on RON was for the most part fruitful and useful and that's why I was in it. It wasn't just that more people joining the server made it worse, it was that RON started to increasingly market itself towards starting and fueling petty controversy and appealing more to a worser educated audience who liked to have big mouths and not much to show behind them. It wasn't important the quality of chat, only that chat was constantly flowing so people had a reason to stay. Eventually that got annoying enough for me to leave, and the larger RON grew and the more gutsy its members became the more negative cultural influence I perceived it to be having on the game meta and current politics. Of course no one has to put in the same effort that I do, but the fact that on average nowadays people are willing to put in much less effort than what the previous average was worries me. The truth is it doesn't have to be this way, which is why I put a lot of effort into giving serious responses regardless of source in my show and wherever I frequent so that I can educate more people in order to have more than just a few mindless words to say about things. Of course this is an ever-present issue, I'll blame stuff like Twitter/Twitch for a lot of this as well, so I'll concede blaming RON entirely is an exaggeration, but that's no reason to just embrace lower-quality content instead of trying to create a meaningful space for myself and others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The main problem that has plagued community driven radio hosts is that they all fall into the edge lord trolling dark humor.  People want the quick laughs from drama or just pure annoyance of other parties.  It's happened quite a few times throughout this game's history.

It's also why I originally hosted The Great Fire on it's own separate Discord back in the day.  I didn't want to be associated with that outside of my alliance affairs.

(Sidenote:  That's also why I avoided putting my show on RON and went with VGM)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hidude45454 said:

The issue I take with this is that RON USED to be good, and basically everyone I talk to these days is most in agreement with this. There was a period of time where discussion on RON was for the most part fruitful and useful and that's why I was in it. It wasn't just that more people joining the server made it worse, it was that RON started to increasingly market itself towards starting and fueling petty controversy and appealing more to a worser educated audience who liked to have big mouths and not much to show behind them. It wasn't important the quality of chat, only that chat was constantly flowing so people had a reason to stay. Eventually that got annoying enough for me to leave, and the larger RON grew and the more gutsy its members became the more negative cultural influence I perceived it to be having on the game meta and current politics. Of course no one has to put in the same effort that I do, but the fact that on average nowadays people are willing to put in much less effort than what the previous average was worries me. The truth is it doesn't have to be this way, which is why I put a lot of effort into giving serious responses regardless of source in my show and wherever I frequent so that I can educate more people in order to have more than just a few mindless words to say about things. Of course this is an ever-present issue, I'll blame stuff like Twitter/Twitch for a lot of this as well, so I'll concede blaming RON entirely is an exaggeration, but that's no reason to just embrace lower-quality content instead of trying to create a meaningful space for myself and others.

I can't tell if this is a joke or you seriously think this is the reality. You might want to see the chats themselves (not just out of context snippets) before dumbing everything down and assuming it's just "haha copium", which is ironic considering DNN basically embraces the type of people who chat/reply on forums like this (i.e people that contribute nothing, beyond spamming "penis","dnn","copium" etc). I can't comment if all you are doing is speaking in the context of your show and your personal responses, but you are also guilty by association of what you criticize. 

> it just sounds a lot like the average poorly-informed RON commentary and there is literally no reason to engage any of it, hence the decrease in meaningful political dialogue this war and the last few as well as the overall lower quality of political content coming out of the game

yes, the reason the game got boring, ron. Are you just trolling?  Or do you seriously believe this drivel? If you do, then go see the balkans for yourself, because no one chats like this other than the hof people (who are "trolling"). you might be a year or two out of date

TLDR: mfw you think ron is a negative cultural influence and dnn is "positive". Have fun in your echo chamber is all I can say, really.

RON doesn't have any radio shows, so I'm guessing buorhann is talking about thalmoria.

Edited by Krampus
beerhoe > buorhann
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

HEADERS_CTO12.png

Inform Zigbir I have forgotten how to edit the signature field
Please remind me how to do it post haste!

Sigh.. This is why I don't normally engage. Even when valid points are brought forth the most prominent people will just gaslight their own involvement or just simply not acknowledge their own shortcomings and/or hypocrisy. You just danced around my point of you doing the exact same thing that you pinged me into your own channel for. It's not worth me responding past that either so whatever buddy, this will be the last time I ever seriously post on these forums or ever bother giving a crap about what's going on in PnW again. I have better things to do with my life frankly and I'm tired of putting in to get nothing back either. 🤷‍♂️

We all know the actual gameplay in this game is boring[and broken in so many ways], so when there's nothing around to keep players engaged it's inevitable for players to eventually just lose complete interest.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, hidude45454 said:

The issue I take with this is that RON USED to be good, and basically everyone I talk to these days is most in agreement with this. There was a period of time where discussion on RON was for the most part fruitful and useful and that's why I was in it. It wasn't just that more people joining the server made it worse, it was that RON started to increasingly market itself towards starting and fueling petty controversy and appealing more to a worser [less] educated audience who liked to have big mouths and not much to show behind them. It wasn't important the quality of chat, only that chat was constantly flowing so people had a reason to stay. Eventually that got annoying enough for me to leave, and the larger RON grew and the more gutsy its members became the more negative cultural influence I perceived it to be having on the game meta and current politics.

You mean like every media conglomerate? RON became the mainstream.

2 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

Sigh.. This is why I don't normally engage. Even when valid points are brought forth the most prominent people will just gaslight their own involvement or just simply not acknowledge their own shortcomings and/or hypocrisy. You just danced around my point of you doing the exact same thing that you pinged me into your own channel for. It's not worth me responding past that either so whatever buddy, this will be the last time I ever seriously post on these forums or ever bother giving a crap about what's going on in PnW again. I have better things to do with my life frankly and I'm tired of putting in to get nothing back either. 🤷‍♂️

We all know the actual gameplay in this game is boring[and broken in so many ways], so when there's nothing around to keep players engaged it's inevitable for players to eventually just lose complete interest.

Your debate with hidude went so poorly you're quitting the game over it? GG.

Why people even care what anyone says on the forums always surprises me tbqh.

32 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Your debate with hidude went so poorly you're quitting the game over it? GG.

Why people even care what anyone says on the forums always surprises me tbqh.

not seriously posting = quitting the game. Okay.

1 hour ago, SleepingNinja said:

not seriously posting = quitting the game. Okay.

"this will be the last time I ever seriously post on these forums or ever bother giving a crap about what's going on in PnW again"

Sounds like a rage quit to me.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Krampus said:

I can't tell if this is a joke or you seriously think this is the reality. You might want to see the chats themselves (not just out of context snippets) before dumbing everything down and assuming it's just "haha copium", which is ironic considering DNN basically embraces the type of people who chat/reply on forums like this (i.e people that contribute nothing, beyond spamming "penis","dnn","copium" etc). I can't comment if all you are doing is speaking in the context of your show and your personal responses, but you are also guilty by association of what you criticize. 

> it just sounds a lot like the average poorly-informed RON commentary and there is literally no reason to engage any of it, hence the decrease in meaningful political dialogue this war and the last few as well as the overall lower quality of political content coming out of the game

yes, the reason the game got boring, ron. Are you just trolling?  Or do you seriously believe this drivel? If you do, then go see the balkans for yourself, because no one chats like this other than the hof people (who are "trolling"). you might be a year or two out of date

TLDR: mfw you think ron is a negative cultural influence and dnn is "positive". Have fun in your echo chamber is all I can say, really.

RON doesn't have any radio shows, so I'm guessing buorhann is talking about thalmoria.

PENIS

DNN

COPIUM

🎤💢

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2022 at 9:23 AM, SleepingNinja said:

Keep fighting the good fight. Don't let the man (hi)dude bring you down. Victors write the history. Rally the banners and squash your foes. If you name me Lord of Highgarden, I will consider joining this worthy cause.

• Like 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

Honestly, you folks take this stuff way too seriously!  I love that people put the effort in @SleepingNinja AND @hidude45454, respect to both of you and the many others for all your contributions.  If it wasn't for people like you making the effort many would have quit the game.  I mean really, in and of itself PnW just isn't that interesting.  Also differences of opinion give the game fuel, so I'm not saying get along, rather that it'd be a real shame if you stopped putting the effort in based on some dumb disagreement instead of truly no longer wanting to.

On 9/8/2022 at 3:17 AM, Marika said:

Wars in PnW for the last year or so have been almost completely devoid of In-character discussion or importance.

What is the point of Politics and War if no one will engage in politics? 

Personally I don't have the stamina to maintain an IC persona indefinitely, that takes a human of better parts than I.  Loved the cow person when they were around though...bloddy brilliant :)

The old IC/OOC blurry divide I think contributes to the very beige political situation we experience now.  In this context we just cannot safely simulate all aspects of real life for both some very good, and some not so good reasons.  Imo (in this game) this has led to a dependence on the few, truly creative people (not me so much) who play that are capable of contriving political scenarios/narratives while avoiding the problems inherent irl.  Like Cooper pointed out, t$ managed this well with their GG and whale tier narrative.

Like many slippery/enigmatic things we strive to control, the harder we squeeze the more likely the thing is to slip out from between our fingers (or choke it to death).

FYI that last bit was in no way a reference to a recent war

Celer Et Audax