Commentaries on the War

Raphael

Just because Hodor or Kata haven’t posted recently doesn’t mean you can call them out like this

• Haha 3

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

This was pushed by the fact that sphere vs sphere wars usually counted as globals for some reason pertaining to the new-ish microsphere meta. However GG, kO’d has been removed from global war status on the wiki and is now just a normal conflict 

9 minutes ago, Marika said:

Rose posted a birthday cake picture, which was admittedly funny, but not really much of anything in the way of an in-character explanation or statement of what's going on or what the goal is. 

We were hit without a CB. Mystery solved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

There is politics! The politics is, however, not taken from the perspective of someone playing a character in the game of Orbis. People don't expect a RP element, they expect your words to reflect your character outside the game. People see things that Epi did and said, in real life he must be a scum bag. People joke about Rose being too touchy and taking everything to heart, but almost everyone reading this post does it. When someone, playing the game, does something political in ORBIS that slights you, you don't think "well played" or "wow, more fun drama." No, people here think "wow, he must be an awful person." "he probably lies to his family the way he lied to people in this game." "This person is a real dirtbag and should be called out everywhere for his actions." AND when people did RP and spent time writing out things that were DESCRIPTIVE and INTERESTING, people picked them apart, finding anything they didn't like. Then, instead of engaging with the RP, they call the poster names and act as if he/she should be chastised until they quit Orbis or never post a RP again.  

My advice for people who want Orbis to be IRL drama free? RP, see the separation between the person's profile pic and the actual human behind the screen. Have fun if someone insults you. Laugh at the joke, because (it should be) aimed at your profile pic, not you as a human being.

Edited by J Kell
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

4 minutes ago, wasteking said:

I explicitly wasn't only calling out Rose here - I stated TKR, t$, etc. are also culpable -- but all three of us are still better than the groups who post nothing.

1 hour ago, wasteking said:

What's a CB? :serious:

But in all seriousness, doesn't that mean we can hit Eclipse back since they gave no CB? :wesmart:

Edited by darkblade

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

Ultimately, for myself, when it comes to a forum or somewhere to post/reasonings I always try to strive to only give IC point of views, thoughts and explanations.

Surely I could post more in the forums but ultimately we need a lot more individuals who are willing to do it as well and not shun anyone who makes an attempt. Heck, when I see a micro try it makes me happy to see they take their Alliance seriously.

I personally believe it’s due to no one role-playing a nation or an actual leader. Not that there needs to be the corny side of it all but just that seriousness of views/stances.

• Upvote 4

image.png.28dfcf54e7be4342805fcc9980a2280f.png

6 minutes ago, BSKsplick said:

Rose: coping they were rolled for the 1000000th time and needed a win 

Eclipse: seething we slotted their prot after they got caught spying and then proceeded to escalate and counter those counters 

Ti ting det er smart å vite om salt

My biggest gripe with politics is how dumbed down it's become. There's always been people throwing salt accusations around but when it's basically the only thing that happens these days (and I blame RON entirely for this) alongside just snark one-liners there's really no incentive to participate.

• Upvote 5

58 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

My biggest gripe with politics is how dumbed down it's become. There's always been people throwing salt accusations around but when it's basically the only thing that happens these days (and I blame RON entirely for this) alongside just snark one-liners there's really no incentive to participate.

How dare you not engage in stupidity

49 minutes ago, Leopold von Habsburg said:

What do you mean @Marika, the forums have been better off with less T$ posting and keyboard warriors!

Basically admitting the only way t$ can refrain from toxicity is by not posting at all isn't the burn you think it is.

Wana's been posting a good share of WoT's though so it's really not t$ causing the problem.

Edited by Marika

41 minutes ago, Marika said:

Basically admitting the only way t$ can refrain from toxicity is by not posting at all isn't the burn you think it is.

Wana's been posting a good share of WoT's though so it's really not t$ causing the problem.

It's more the inconsistencies in what you preach in the heat of the moment. You want people to post but you only want them to post certain things. If you don't like it you start a crusade that it is toxic or repetative or adds nothing and should therefore stop. We even see some of it in this very own topic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Leopold von Habsburg said:

It's more the inconsistencies in what you preach in the heat of the moment. You want people to post but you only want them to post certain things. If you don't like it you start a crusade that it is toxic or repetative or adds nothing and should therefore stop. We even see some of it in this very own topic.

I called out Krampus and Jaden (both Blackwater allies at that point) for posting dismissive one-liners on a serious post - You can try to twist and worm your way away from the facts but it won't help you when you're literally posting the logs supporting my consistency.

I called for better content then, I call for better content now.

You, as usual, are throwing your own implications onto my words and spinning like a helicopter to try and dodge the fact that Syndicate threw a huge fit when confronted about their bad behaviors and rather than acknowledge and improve, you yourself admit that many t$ posters would rather take their ball and go home.

It's not about my dictations of what should or shouldn't be posted, but it's not crazy to ask for a serious response to serious posts. Pretending that saying that is the same as telling you never to post is honestly astounding levels of spin on a post aimed at trying to encourage the community to look at its own trends.

Stop making this a t$ thread.

Edited by Marika
  • Haha 1