Trade improvements

Danzek

Do not remove the, "arbitrary" 3 trade limit, it's there for a reason. Stops people from spamming buy/sell offers without removing ones they already have. I really wonder how removing that would be an improvement. 

Edited by Denison
  • Like 1

Janny Larpers

1 minute ago, Denison said:

Do not remove the, "arbitrary" 3 trade limit, it's there for a reason. Stops people from spamming buy/sell offers without removing ones they already have. I really wonder how removing that would be an improvement. 

I figured it was unnecessary if it's limited to the resources you have. Maybe not. 

1 minute ago, Borg said:

I figured it was unnecessary if it's limited to the resources you have. Maybe not. 

Not really any benefit by removing it in my opinion. All I can see is the 9000 buy offers some individuals will put again or just in general spamming smaller sell offers but within their total resource. 

Janny Larpers

When sending a trade to a player (or having one sent to you), there should be a link to the trade in that notification that takes you to the trade and allows you to accept or decline. Right now you get a notification telling you (for example) "Scatheon of Scathia sent your nation a trade offer. Scatheon wants to buy 726 coal in exchange for $0 each, or a total of $0." You then need to go to your menu and find trade (where it then takes you automatically to your personal trade screen). I think you should just take that step out and include a link in the notification. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2022 at 6:26 PM, Borg said:

Trade confirmation

• Trade confirmation doesn't really help, because it is identical and appears for every trade, so after a while you just automatically accept
  • Only have the trade confirmation when you post for the wrong price (and it's not a private trade) (e.g. selling for less than a current buy offer)
  • Have it the prompt really obvious e.g. Red alert style, "You are posting a trade  for less than you can sell on the market. Consider adjusting your price above $XXX or accepting an existing offer <link to trade page>" -> button "Post offer anyway"

Alex actually asked about this in Discord back when I floated the idea - https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/32131-only-show-trade-pop-up-if-posting-more-than-1-stdev-from-average-ppu/ . People panicked and insisted on keeping the alert.

In case the idea gets shot down again, here's a simple script that reverts back to before the trade confirmation nag pop up was put in place.

https://gist.github.com/trs4ece/737bc841db0a50faf62c6b457c3474a6

Edited by Talus
  • Like 4