Do you donate to the game?

P2K

1.) Do you donate to the game or do you not?

2.) If you don't do you frown upon people that do and if so why?

3.) Do you disagree with anybody being able to donate to fast track their Nation? 

I'm just wondering how many people actually donate to the game and what my chances of catching up with some older nations are if I do donate. 

I would love to hear what everyone has to say about this. 

(Hopefully this is the right place for this topic)

1. No

2. No

3. No

Buying credits will only get you so far, but they can provide a boost to newer nations. You certainly won't be able to rapidly catch up to the ever-growing high tier of the game (talking the people hovering around c30+ish), but you could feasibly catch up to the slightly more seasoned mid tier. I will caution that growth is in no way a replacement for knowledge. If you're newer to the game, I suggest joining an established alliance and learning from their seasoned mentors. Good luck!

• Upvote 3

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

2 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

1. No

2. No

3. No

Buying credits will only get you so far, but they can provide a boost to newer nations. You certainly won't be able to rapidly catch up to the ever-growing high tier of the game (talking the people hovering around c30+ish), but you could feasibly catch up to the slightly more seasoned mid tier. I will caution that growth is in no way a replacement for knowledge. If you're newer to the game, I suggest joining an established alliance and learning from their seasoned mentors. Good luck!

I like your advice this is good stuff for new players. Thank you for your input. 

2 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

1. No

2. No

3. No

I like your advice this is good stuff for new players. Thank you for your input. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 7:57 PM, P2K said:

1.) Do you donate to the game or do you not?

2.) If you don't do you frown upon people that do and if so why?

3.) Do you disagree with anybody being able to donate to fast track their Nation? 

I'm just wondering how many people actually donate to the game and what my chances of catching up with some older nations are if I do donate. 

I would love to hear what everyone has to say about this. 

(Hopefully this is the right place for this topic)

1.) I used to do the buy 10 credits for 25 bucks every 6 months, but now that its only 1 credit for 2 bucks, I dont buy credits anymore.

2.) It's your money do what you want.

3.) If you want to buy 20 credits every month to redeem for cash, that's 4.8 billion dollars a year.  Everyone complains how hard it is to grow, but if you do max donation you can go from 1c to 26c (about 4.55 billion) paying full price for cities on just donation money alone in 1 year.   I guess this explains how some of you new guys get to c30 in under 500 days which is bonkers to me.

So in terms of catching up, as a day 1 nation, I have always been in the top 20 highest city count in the game, and it took me I believe 1000 days to get to 25.  You can now do it in under a year, if you can avoid getting raided and make a growth plan and stick to it, you can certainly find yourself in the mid 30s within 2 years. which would put you in the bottom half of the upper tier.

The guy with the most cities in the game right now, got that way by completely avoiding wars until he got to around 40+ cities.  The trade off to that is, about 90 percent of his peers dont take him seriously.

Will you make it into the top 25 largest nations? probably not, but you can buy your way into the upper tier if you are willing to spend the cash over a long enough period, an extra 400 million a month every month adds up pretty quick.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 8:10 AM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I guess this explains how some of you new guys get to c30 in under 500 days which is bonkers to me.

I've seen faster growth

Sidenote: Yeah, dropping money on credits can speed growth up to absurd levels but I don't think it's a viable way to enjoy the game, play the game at your own pace and take the time to learn.