Military Perks Reworked

Kyubnyan

As I know quite a few people are aware, a few years ago there was a proposal made to allow nations to buff their units with perk slots as you can see on the page: https://politicsandwar.com/index.php?id=129 that is still available on the site to this day. I really do like the concept of this idea (despite it making net calculations much more annoying) and have some reworks to pose.

First of all, I think that if there are only 6 perk slots and all perks count the same towards those slots that the less good perks will pretty much never be chosen over the better ones. To mitigate this I think it would be interesting to scale perk point/slot usage based on the usefulness of said perk along with more available perk points to use up. i.e. mediocre perk = 1 PP, good perk = 2 PP, great perk = 3PP and you can use at max 14 perk points to allocate into perk slots. In addition, EMP should be entirely scrapped as if coordinated correctly could wipe out an overwhelming majority of a nation's military rebuy and that new perks should be added for other units given the major re-balancing that has occurred in the years following the initial idea for perks (for example airstrikes kill 10% more units, less air killed by tanks).

This idea is far from finished but I thought that it lays some interesting groundwork for a more interesting system.

• Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.