Spy rebuild, function, and Satellite project changes.

Prefontaine

On 7/29/2022 at 8:35 AM, Prefontaine said:

SPY TRAINING CHANGES
-Spies are either in Active Duty or Reserve status.
-Freshly trained spies are in Reserve Status by default but you can train up to 4 into active if you choose
-Reserve spies cannot be used for defense or offensive and cost 1/4 of the upkeep
-Spies in reserve cannot be killed.
-Spies cannot move from Active to Reserve, but only Reserve to Active.
-Spy training rates are tripled. (8 can go into reserve and 4 into active or 12 can go into reserve with all spy projects. 6 can be made per day with no spy projects and you can have up to 4 of them be active duty)
-Spies take 5 days (60 turns) to move from reserve to active.
-Total spy count (active + reserve) cannot exceed the maximum number of spies a player can have. 

SPY FUNCTION CHANGES
-Scaling kills for based on number of spies used ( % kills = -2200/(spies+23)+126 )

unknown.png

If you look at the blue line, those are the kill rates. 20 spies deployed is about 75% of the normal kill rate. 6 spies is about 50% the normal kill rate.

SPY SAT CHANGES
-No longer provides a 50% bonus to kills
-Provides an additional spy operation per day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similar to beige, it's up to the attacker to give you a reprieve. While being beige cycled you cannot fully rebuild unless your attacker lets you. With spies you cannot rebuild your spies unless your attackers stop killing your spies. This way now provides a way to rebuild your spies in a manner which they cannot be killed while still utilizing some of them for guerilla tactic ops. The damage on those ops have been reduced some, but with a double buy all players can still see above 50% damage with a double buy.

The reason for the delay in moving from reserve status to active is to lengthen the window of easy spy ops for the attacker. If a player with all projects wants to get back to max spies with 12 a day into reserve, that's 5 days, with an additional 5 days that provides attackers with a 10 day window to take advantage of their spy blitz. It also stops alliances from keeping all of their spies in reserve to suddenly move out when an alliance war starts as they entire length of the first round with leave them without any spies. 

I'm actually not super opposed to much of this, but, even though you laid out a logic behind a 5 day waiting period from reserve to active, I do think that's quite lengthy. It takes less time to rebuild an entire military from zero, and that's purely based on Day Change mechanics. With this being based on Turn Change mechanics, and being a flat 60 turns, I mean, it just seems like quite a long period.

Maybe you said it elsewhere, but, why nerf/adjust Spy Sat as far as the damage/extra spyop?

Edited by His Holy Decagon

7 minutes ago, His Holy Decagon said:

Maybe you said it elsewhere, but, why nerf/adjust Spy Sat as far as the damage/extra spyop?

I agree with this, I do think that it would make Spy Sat too similar to Intelligence Agency while IA costs much less, especially with requiring the space program first. I'd say that, with how much you need to get Spy Sat, it wouldn't be worth its cost.

Hello. I don't know what to put here right now.

I hope you're having a lovely day : )

On 7/29/2022 at 6:03 AM, Prefontaine said:

The total cannot exceed your maximum number of spies. I'll add that tidbit to the OP. So if you have 10 active, and no spy projects you can only have 40 in reserve.

Edit;already answered I like the idea 

Edited by Dusty
Saw the answer already

• Prefontaine unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic