PSA: Military Salvage Sucks

hidude45454

48 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

I get what you're saying, I do. As I see it, there should be different tiers of projects, effectively. This project is not a top tier project and that is okay. It's probably in the top 5 for weakest projects, and that's okay.

Is this project going to be primarily bought by whales with spare project slots? Possibly, but the more of these lesser projects that exist, the higher the bar gets on how many slots you need to get all the projects. Are we going to clog up the C50+s? Probably not soon. But if this raises the bar from C38ss having all the projects to C40s, great. Eventually there will be enough lower tier and middle tier projects that the whales will start needing to be pickier for longer.

Lastly, it's almost always easier to make something stronger than it is to make it weaker. People prefer to see buffs over nerfs, typically. In 6 months time, we may visit the idea of making improvements to this project.

Out of curiosity for the project, does it only salvage units you lost in battles or all units that died? (If it's the former then refer to the below suggestion, if not ignore me)

If it only salvages your own units than an easy way to buff this would be to make it so the winner salvages 5% of ALL troops destroyed in the battle. 
So if you attack and get any sort of failure, the enemy would scrap all units you lost and they lost.
If you attack and got a victory of any sort you scrap everything that died in that battle. 

2 hours ago, Zevari said:

Out of curiosity for the project, does it only salvage units you lost in battles or all units that died? (If it's the former then refer to the below suggestion, if not ignore me)

If it only salvages your own units than an easy way to buff this would be to make it so the winner salvages 5% of ALL troops destroyed in the battle. 
So if you attack and get any sort of failure, the enemy would scrap all units you lost and they lost.
If you attack and got a victory of any sort you scrap everything that died in that battle. 

It was pitched as all units, I can't promise that it wasn't coded as just yours. 

scSqPGJ.gif

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

It was pitched as all units, I can't promise that it wasn't coded as just yours. 

Oh that's cool, if it does actually function where any victory (phyrric, moderate or immense) gives you that 5% of all troops.
(Although I still think that any failed attacks should reward the defender the 5% IF they have the project themselves. It would make the project a lot better in my eyes)

Edited by Zevari

4 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

I get what you're saying, I do. As I see it, there should be different tiers of projects, effectively. This project is not a top tier project and that is okay. It's probably in the top 5 for weakest projects, and that's okay.

Is this project going to be primarily bought by whales with spare project slots? Possibly, but the more of these lesser projects that exist, the higher the bar gets on how many slots you need to get all the projects. Are we going to clog up the C50+s? Probably not soon. But if this raises the bar from C38ss having all the projects to C40s, great. Eventually there will be enough lower tier and middle tier projects that the whales will start needing to be pickier for longer.

Lastly, it's almost always easier to make something stronger than it is to make it weaker. People prefer to see buffs over nerfs, typically. In 6 months time, we may visit the idea of making improvements to this project.

I totally agree with you Prefontaine. I encourage you to create more of these projects that add variety to the game. Variety is the enemy of complacency and the status quo. The game should always update and change no matter what a small group of people that only visit the forums to !@#$ and complain, say.... 

Everything isnt this deep, go touch grass. Also give the obligatory downvote, I need ten of them to feel good today. 

• Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Darth Tryptophan said:

I totally agree with you Prefontaine! I encourage you to create more of these projects that add variety to the game! blah blah blah

Simp harder bro, hes not gonna !@#$ you

9 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

It's one thing to make a project that isn't 'top tier' with niche uses. It's another to make a project that only vaguely makes sense for less than 1% of the playerbase, who will only take it because 'meh, I have a slot open'. 

9 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Except it won't make the whales any pickier in a way that matters, though. A choice isn't meaningful if one option is obviously, mathematically, and flatly inferior to another. Do you think the whales care about 'having all the projects' as anything other than a flex? How much do you think they care about picking between two projects that are, frankly, so worthless that they've saved them for last?

21 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Whatever happened to the perks concept which was floated around years ago?

What a blast from the past haha.

Instead we get Military Salvage. I feel cheated.

On 7/25/2022 at 7:19 PM, hidude45454 said:

-You've ran out of resources

-You're blockaded (otherwise your alliance can just send you more)

-You're not already at your max military buy per day

-Building that small extra amount of units would make a significant impact in your performance in your wars

You missed the part of the scenario where you have to have enough of an advantage to win the battle as well. I don't get why its winning an offensive battle instead of just all battles. 

9 hours ago, Zevari said:

7 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

6 hours ago, Zevari said:

Oh that's cool, if it does actually function where any victory (phyrric, moderate or immense) gives you that 5% of all troops.
(Although I still think that any failed attacks should reward the defender the 5% IF they have the project themselves. It would make the project a lot better in my eyes)

From testing it on the test server: I'm pretty sure its just your lost troops that are salvaged. And you get them if you get any victory. However testing it now, the numbers don't add up properly for either just lost troops or lost and destroyed troops as Pre intended. 

• Haha 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

I just checked with Village, and can confirm:

1. You get 5% of the steel/aluminum required to build your lost units

2. It does not refund their lost units.

3. It does not refund winning defensive battles.

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

44 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

I just checked with Village, and can confirm:

1. You get 5% of the steel/aluminum required to build your lost units

2. It does not refund their lost units.

3. It does not refund winning defensive battles.

So a good way to "buff" it would be to implement all units lost and also refund winning defensive battles.

There we go, one solution in the bag folks.

(Not sure if it could be coded that way though)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

"this project sucks because it's designed for whales who have run out of things to build" actual braindead take lmao. Give them more achievement projects then and make the game more fun and interesting for everyone else

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

8 hours ago, Malal said:

"this project sucks because it's designed for whales who have run out of things to build" actual braindead take lmao. Give them more achievement projects then and make the game more fun and interesting for everyone else

I dont think i have ever heard anyone in Grumpy complain about running out of projects to build, so dont feel like we need to add projects just to add projects. 

2 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I dont think i have ever heard anyone in Grumpy complain about running out of projects to build, so dont feel like we need to add projects just to add projects.

Live action replay of a solution looking for a problem:

%D1%87%D1%82%D0%BE.gif

20 hours ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Whatever happened to the perks concept which was floated around years ago?

Perks would be nice. With the shift in how ground battles work I can also see some new ones being added to make for even more variability.

For people who don't know about perks looks here: https://politicsandwar.com/index.php?id=129

• Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

On 7/27/2022 at 2:13 PM, Prefontaine said:

That makes sense, to a point. Not everything is urban planning/propaganda bureau levels of useful. This however is only a slight step up from being moon landing useful.

I get through a ridiculous amount of tanks in wars. My war strategy is awful and has not improved from 'ground and pound, and the tank losses don't matter.' If I warred more I'd likely be the target audience for this project. 

I have well over the 65m available to buy it, as well as more than enough project slots post rebuild. However, although I buy projects semi-regularly, I only buy projects that have at least a reasonable ROI; given that I don't know if I'll be playing this game in 6 years however I don't see a purpose in buying it.

For the vast majority of players, it will cost them far more to purchase this project than they will ever see as a return out of it. It is therefore a near-useless project that will only be bought by a few whales with money to throw around, and thus I do not see the point in its existence in its current form.

• Upvote 3