Beige, the Final Season.

Prefontaine

43 minutes ago, Majima Goro said:

@hidude45454 can we get a number on how many people in alliances in top 75 dont have PB?

img.png

Top 75 alliances, propaganda bureau by city count (red = has project, blue = no pb)

$cityTierGraph *,#position>1,#vm_turns=0,#topx<75,#pb=0 *,#position>1,#vm_turns=0,#topx<75,#pb=1

Edited by Borg

On 7/25/2022 at 8:15 AM, Prefontaine said:

Beige changes have been discussed ad nauseam but we're ready for the public discussion phase. If all things go well, we will run a test server tournament with some in game cosmetic rewards to hopefully increase participation. 

The goal of these beiges is to create a window for defeated nations to rebuild, even during large scale wars. This will provide alliances with the option of coordinating a counter blitz and try to turn the tide of a war. This will allow for the possibility of wars to not be decided in the first round, or first hours, or a war. 

Changes:

1. Every player defeated in a defensive war results in 2.5 days (30 turns) of beige.
  2. Every player defeated in an offensive war results in 0.5 days (6 turns) of beige.
  3. All wars that end from expiration result in beige for the defending party.
  4. Beige accruals are capped at 5 days (60 turns).
  5. Beige accruals do not begin reducing down until all defensive wars end. 

Clarifications:

Points 1 and 2 mean that if I declare a war on Alex, and I, as the attacking party lose the war, I gain 0.5 days of beige. If I attack Alex and he loses, he gains 2.5 days of beige. 

So, if I get attacked, and lose, I end up getting 2.5 days of beige. If I have two other defensive wars, and the beige doesn't start until "all defensive wars have ended", does that mean I can get a third defensive attack on my nation, since I don't have beige yet?

On 7/28/2022 at 6:59 AM, Borg said:

We already had a beige poll and discussion: Beige Poll - Game Discussion - Politics & War Forum (politicsandwar.com)

The winning poll option was:
> As is. Nations can cycle and sit on a player so that they can never rebuild and possibly never leave blockaded status|

The second highest voted option was:
> Players should be guaranteed a medium window to rebuild after being defeated but only enough to rebuild to more than 50% of the military strength

So why are we ignoring the previous poll and discussion and essentially implementing the least voted option?
> Players should be guaranteed a large window to rebuild after being defeated, enough to come back with 100% military strength

Very good point; this is literally what the playerbase is wanting, yet we deviated, none the less.

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2022 at 8:57 AM, Prefontaine said:

Overextensions happen in regards to offensive wars, which result in lesser beige times. Incentivizing winners to win their wars quickly is a good thing. It limits people sitting on nations doing nothing but sponging missiles/nukes with their face to beige them. That's the problem it solves. It removes beige cycling - which is the goal. It benefits the defending party much greater than the offensive party because it doesn't being reducing until after defensive wars expire. 

One thing that needs addressed is Nuke attacks which ties into the sponging missiles/nukes during wars in this subject. What is the point of having Vital defense system when it only blocks 20% of the time?

I like the missile odds of 50%, but shouldn't the most destructive weapon someone can use to destroy a nations infra be harder to successfully launch? Either beef up the Vital defense system(it is basically worthless) or make Nukes so expensive that it would be damn near impossible to launch multiple during a given war.

Just my opinion.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Death Valley said:

One thing that needs addressed is Nuke attacks which ties into the sponging missiles/nukes during wars in this subject. What is the point of having Vital defense system when it only blocks 20% of the time?

I like the missile odds of 50%, but shouldn't the most destructive weapon someone can use to destroy a nations infra be harder to successfully launch? Either beef up the Vital defense system(it is basically worthless) or make Nukes so expensive that it would be damn near impossible to launch multiple during a given war.

Just my opinion.

Nukes do not need a nerf; they're the only thing that losing spheres can use to defend themselves and keep the gameplay loop going.

• Upvote 4

I'm actually ok with these changes.  It solves quite a few issues.  Mostly the whole "baiting out beige" issue without spending any MAPs.

I also like the idea of separating Offensive/Defensive wars with the beige mechanic.  Gives people on the defensive side more breathing room, while people attacking don't get the benefit of beige as much.

It also makes it almost impossible to cycle nations out under perma blockade/being sit on.  Which is good for the overall health of the game if it's to continue on.

Edited by Buorhann

On 7/29/2022 at 6:54 AM, Borg said:

Well thats embarrassing for us

Also, why did you guys decide on a 5 day cap? Seems kinda redundant to give them all this incentive to get back into the fight but not give them their full rebuy? Also can't really organize a proper comeback if the alliance beige timers are all scattered a day or 2 behind. If 30% of the sphere or alliance comes off beige 1 or 2 days before the rest (due to not being maxed yet) then there's really no point in rebuilding at all, since they already wiped 100% of the sphere, 30% coming out is a walk in the park.

On 7/30/2022 at 11:18 AM, His Holy Decagon said:

So, if I get attacked, and lose, I end up getting 2.5 days of beige. If I have two other defensive wars, and the beige doesn't start until "all defensive wars have ended", does that mean I can get a third defensive attack on my nation, since I don't have beige yet?

Very good point; this is literally what the playerbase is wanting, yet we deviated, none the less.

You'll go into beige when defeated. Beige time does not start reducing until all defensive wars have ended. If you have 3 defensive wars active, once one ends you'll be in beige with 2.5 days, when the second ends you'll be at 5.0. Only when the third ends will it start reducing from 5.0.

As to the second point, I've explained being at 100% would mean having all troops and a full rebuy available. This system does not provide a full rebuy with or without the project. Nor does it account for spying units away during the beige rebuild, thus it did not deviate from the poll.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

23 hours ago, Death Valley said:

Just my opinion.

FYI the most destructive weapon used to destroy infra is my naval attacks! Learn to Kraken my friend.

In the current system at 66 turns for a war, means you can launch 5 nukes, and statistically block 1 of them with a VDS.  In terms of game play, its good to force your opponent to make a decision of either eat some nukes and possibly take the nuke beige or beige the guy themselves, and potentially screw up the beige cycle.

I would argue for 6 days of beige time as the cap instead of 5.

otherwise, declaring offensives after your alliance gets blitzed is JUST strictly bad.

Your alliance is already at a blitz disadvantage might as well AFK take the 3 defensive losses then blitz back round 2. Declaring offensives and getting sat on by your offensive wars is the only way to “beige cycled” with this system. And it’ll create a cycle where the optimal way both sides to play is to literally eat the blitz each time and just wait for next round.

And if you somehow you are able to get away with declaring offensives with this new system then it doesn’t matter because it must mean you outnumber/tier/etc the enemy hard enough where you can literally suffer the blitz disadvantage and just stat check your way through the war new system or old.

With 6 days, even if your offensives sit on you, you should at least get 4 days of rebuys. I.e. defensives beige as fast as possible (2days), your offensives should have to beige within 3-5 days. Let’s say 5. Worst case. Still gives you 4 or 5 days to rebuild (depends on when the wars were declared. Also assuming you only declared 2 offensives. Also depends on if they eat the expiration beige or beige you.)

EDIT: Grammar.

Edited by KingGhost
  • Upvote 2

On 8/1/2022 at 10:59 AM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

FYI the most destructive weapon used to destroy infra is my naval attacks! Learn to Kraken my friend.

In the current system at 66 turns for a war, means you can launch 5 nukes, and statistically block 1 of them with a VDS.  In terms of game play, its good to force your opponent to make a decision of either eat some nukes and possibly take the nuke beige or beige the guy themselves, and potentially screw up the beige cycle.

How much is the cost of your Naval attacks compared to a Nuke though?

On 8/4/2022 at 10:39 AM, KingGhost said:

I would argue for 6 days of beige time as the cap instead of 5.

otherwise, declaring offensives after your alliance gets blitzed is JUST strictly bad.

Your alliance is already at a blitz disadvantage might as well AFK take the 3 defensive losses then blitz back round 2. Declaring offensives and getting sat on by your offensive wars is the only way to “beige cycled” with this system. And it’ll create a cycle where the optimal way both sides to play is to literally eat the blitz each time and just wait for next round.

And if you somehow you are able to get away with declaring offensives with this new system then it doesn’t matter because it must mean you outnumber/tier/etc the enemy hard enough where you can literally suffer the blitz disadvantage and just stat check your way through the war new system or old.

With 6 days, even if your offensives sit on you, you should at least get 4 days of rebuys. I.e. defensives beige as fast as possible (2days), your offensives should have to beige within 3-5 days. Let’s say 5. Worst case. Still gives you 4 or 5 days to rebuild (depends on when the wars were declared. Also assuming you only declared 2 offensives. Also depends on if they eat the expiration beige or beige you.)

EDIT: Grammar.

This mostly but wanted to add that if the point of the new beige system is to allow nations time to rebuild military then we should at least give them a day for their alliance to have the opportunity to try and organize a counter-blitz. 6 days is necessary in that regard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Village unfeatured and unpinned this topic