War is Broken

Denison

21 hours ago, Changeup said:

I should add in that right now, Alex's top priority is turning war tactics that have been commonplace for years into bannable offenses. Those bugs have been incredibly commonplace for several weeks and he's issuing moderation strikes for nuke suicides, which are the only way to even close the damage gap after you've lost a conventional war.

Yea. The nuke suicide thing?   It’s kind of funny when war after war it is the same alliance complaining to the moderator whether they win or lose. Imho, it’s too bad if they don’t like my $200m damage nuke wars when it’s literally the only move I have after being hit unmilitarized and sat on for 2 1/2 weeks.   Loving my total damage stat and positive net in this one though. 😂 

How about changing the metric where planes don’t take 50% of your $65,000,000 tank line off the battlefield just because they managed to get a lucky IT in an airstrike when the attacker loses more planes than the defender?  Individual wars are now often over on that basis alone.   Total nonsense. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, roberts said:

I agree with the OP of this post, but I want to address this specific sentence because it's, in my opinion, a dangerous hyperbole.

Have you ever been beiged out of the blue because the enemy somehow used more maps than possible?

Have you ever had two wars on a nation? XD

Have you ever been disadvantaged in war because it doesn't give you maps, but gives to the enemy? 

your daily buys don't reset?

personally speaking, I haven't, probably because I haven't been in any wars since the war mechanics broke. But if we are accepting all these surprise features ^ then the game might as well not be named politics & war

Is it an exaggeration to say we're CN? Absolutely. Is it an exaggeration to say that we're *heading* down a CN like path? Not at all.

grumpy was already shaking in their boots at the thought of being 1v18'd by me, these new features by alex should level the playing field 😤

HEADERS_CTO12.png

Inform Zigbir I have forgotten how to edit the signature field
Please remind me how to do it post haste!

14 hours ago, Nokia Rokia said:

Well at least we still have biege, anyone remember when it was removed?

Yea. And then Swamp rolled The Coal Mines for 40 straight days and launched a new war on the exact turn that the previous defeat occurred to uphold the endless blockade.   People got so bored after your scores dropped into the C10 attack range that they literally stopped attacking out of pity.  

2 minutes ago, Krampus said:

Have you ever been beiged out of the blue because the enemy somehow used more maps than possible?

Have you ever had two wars on a nation? XD

Have you ever been disadvantaged in war because it doesn't give you maps, but gives to the enemy? 

your daily buys don't reset?

personally speaking, I haven't, probably because I haven't been in any wars since the war mechanics broke. But if we are accepting all these surprise features ^ then the game might as well not be named politics & war

Is it an exaggeration to say we're CN? Absolutely. Is it an exaggeration to say that we're *heading* down a CN like path? Not at all.

grumpy was already shaking in their boots at the thought of being 1v18'd by me, these new features by alex should level the playing field 😤

I’ve had numbers 1, 3 and 4 of your examples occur in this war.   Now I want to try to see if I can make the 2 wars on the same nation thing happen.   Didn’t know about that one until this post.   

15 hours ago, Nokia Rokia said:

Well at least we still have biege, anyone remember when it was removed?

That's was hilarious and annoying. But more hilarious. 

What if we remove maps and slot limits? That would so fun!! 

Sheepy needs to put everything else on hold until he can fix the broken war system. All the "new" bugs plus the fact that ships are defenseless against planes, all your spies can be wiped in one turn change and take and take 15- 25 days to rebuild and the failure to be able to buy units for 5 plus minutes after the day change. All the QoL updates and nerfing baseball nonsense need to be set aside until after the broken stuff is fixed. Quite frankly, every time something is added other things break. Perhaps that should be fixed first.

Also, people that are abusing the extra MAPS bug should be punished. Most of them have played the game long enough to know how many attacks they can run at one time so if they do more they are exploiting a bug and cheating.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I wonder what's going on with his new game which from what I've seen few years ago was going to be basically Pnw 2. I honestly would see some major changes to the game mechanics as current one is becoming too repetitive. 

• Upvote 1

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

On 7/17/2022 at 8:53 PM, Krampus said:

These are not bugs. These are merely surprise features, like Kinder-eggs or lootboxes.

On a serious note, I agree 100%. The fact that things have gotten this worse imo only shows with how little regard the community of this game are viewed. We're heading down a CN like path, with neglect by the admins. 

I find it funny how Alex's old code was less buggy than this. How can a feature that worked flawlessly in the past break so suddenly? Revert to the old system, the one that worked

Krampus, Kinder-eggs will not be understood by our American friends. That is an illegal substance in their country.

But in all seriousness, bug fixes should honestly take priority over some of the newer features being proposed and brought in. It would go a long way for QoL to not have to worry about something going wrong every time you want to declare wars. Or the server all but breaking on DC's even after initial blitzes.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/18/2022 at 3:46 AM, Denison said:
  • When you do a beige snipe you get an extra map from the turn before even though you declared this turn

Oh good to know that I wasn't tripping and that this did indeed happen when I declared a war.

On 7/17/2022 at 11:25 PM, Dr Rush said:

Alex is fully aware of how important war is and how bad the map issue is. He and 3 other devs have spent literally 100s of dev hours trying to fix it to no avail. It is unfortunately the worst type of bug to fix. It can not be reproduced on demand and only a couple of requirements for it to happen are even known. It's only on the live game and only during globals so chances to test fixes are few and far between and come with the risk of breaking the game in a critical time frame.

Sounds to me like an uncontrolled race condition.  Perhaps check the legitimacy of an action in more than one spot, both upon initiation of the action and also immediately before execution of the action.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

On 7/19/2022 at 9:10 AM, Jordan said:

Krampus, Kinder-eggs will not be understood by our American friends. That is an illegal substance in their country.

We now have an FDA compliant version with the toy and chocolate separated in different halves of an egg shaped package.  But I also remember my German language teacher in high school rewarding us with illicit black-market products if we did well on a test, so it's not like we've never had them, lol.  We know about them and how dumb our gov is.

Anyway.

• Haha 1

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

I'm not sure why people think the accidental bonus MAP thing is rare. I've somehow accidentally had an extra attack or an extra MAP at least once a week in every global war I've fought since that 10 month anus horribilis. I thought that bug was deemed a lost cause a long time ago, so I gave up pointing it out to anyone.

• Upvote 2

Le1AjCa.png

On 7/18/2022 at 5:29 PM, Marika said:

I agree with the OP of this post, but I want to address this specific sentence because it's, in my opinion, a dangerous hyperbole.

The CN admin was absent for 7+ years, including silence on mod abuse/cheating scandals that broke the game/multis were widespread, etc.

Alex makes mistakes but he's never just said "!@#$ it" and walked away for years.

Hopefully this thread and others, and some discord chats being had right now, will see things get the attention they need though. In fact, I can say various discord chats are already in motion right now trying to figure things out.

The problems with CN had as much to do with the people playing it as it did with the game mechanics.  But make no mistake, there were exploits that couldn't be fixed, and moderation was afraid to crack down properly on the worst offenders because it would have killed a significant portion the game's revenue stream.  As for the admin there, once he had the game in what he considered to be a "finished" state, there was no further interest in further improvements.

You'd like to think the game mechanics failures here would see more action to correct them, but as Avakael pointed out, errors that turned up 3 years ago and were known to players are still around.  Disappointing really.

• Like 1

While I do see some of your reasons, I would like to say that if you change your clock for any reason (Including traveling to a new time zone), it skips your next MAP to stop exploiters, which could explain the first one. So do make sure you didn't do that by mistake.

• Downvote 2