Creating Some Imaginary Spheres

hidude45454

3 hours ago, hidude45454 said:

This was inspired by a discussion held with a few Eclipse friends, so take with a grain of salt (obviously this is not meant to be a serious exploration)

Hmm then why post it. This wasn't interesting to me or much anyone else as it looks like the same treaty web in the game. What you should really post is how a sphere or group of them can defeat and break up hegemonies in the game. Other interesting topics include how to add a level of complexity to internal alliance affairs or adding competive minigames that could make the time in the game past quicker and keep people online....

2 hours ago, Big Bad Bulldog said:

What the !@#$ is this, someone tldr 

*TKR/Hollywood propaganda about how suspiciously like a computer they are (as if everyone wants to hear yet another thing about Hollywood/Celestial ....

• Downvote 6

26 minutes ago, Darth Tryptophan said:

Hmm then why post it. This wasn't interesting to me or much anyone else as it looks like the same treaty web in the game. What you should really post is how a sphere or group of them can defeat and break up hegemonies in the game. Other interesting topics include how to add a level of complexity to internal alliance affairs or adding competive minigames that could make the time in the game past quicker and keep people online....

*TKR/Hollywood propaganda about how suspiciously like a computer they are (as if everyone wants to hear yet another thing about Hollywood/Celestial ....

I'm not smart enough to understand this level of 8d shogi posting.

@roberts could you help me understand this, and how one might "defeat and break up hegemonies in the game" or how one could "add a level of complexity to internal alliance affairs or adding competive minigames that could make the time in the game past quicker and keep people online...."?

11 hours ago, hidude45454 said:

This was inspired by a discussion held with a few Eclipse friends, so take with a grain of salt (obviously this is not meant to be a serious exploration)

The premise was -- if Celestial, Hollywood, and Clock all broke up and split into two different sphere leaders each (Rose, tS, TKR, Grumpy, Cata, Eclipse), was it possible to make some roughly even coalitions out of them?

In order to do that, I pulled some numbers from my coalition sheet here: 

As a later addition to that post, I added something called Dryad's Power Rankings, which were essentially an approximation formula based on how the nonlinear "power" of someone with one city count may compare to the "power" of someone with a different city count. Using those rankings and some other stuff meant to keep numbers relatively close, I wrote a quick program to generate some semi-random spheres that were fairly close in power and put them onto a tiering chart. For alliances counted, I just included Ro$e/HW/Clock/Backrooms/Johnsons alliances above 100k power.

Here's an example of a tiering chat and a randomly generated corresponding treaty web that the program generates (ignore the middle dot, just there to prevent everything from floating away):

image.png.5ad4227d3699fd4952eb840ada8540d8.png

image.thumb.png.3e1210bf1e91dbb529ac4c0d6b7316c7.png

image.thumb.png.7730e44960244e8a2859b476a418dee1.png

The program is also able to manually pair alliances that may stick with each other no matter what. For example, here's an example of a tiering chart where 5P and HS always go with tS, NW and BK always go with TKR, GGO always sticks together, GS and RE always go with Aurora, Paradise and DB go together, CTO and the Legion go together, TLE always goes with TI, and Elites always goes with TFP:

image.png.f4c8938f3087e214e7c7ec746ae43eb5.png

image.thumb.png.16ad0a943de851a0bc340d98c2c36181.png

image.png.bf0b30a35cb5335d2f0ab4e692b78d78.png

Anyways, this is all a bit silly, but still curious -- how many fairly even spheres do people think we can feasibly make in our current political environment? Or are there any other pairings people want me to experiment with? Please let me know!

Why oh Why are we a DB prot. like these spheres arent bad until I saw where we are lmao. Tho THoF + Rose is uh interesting. 

It is interesting to think about how strategically shallow most of our FA decisions are. In reality we are not picking optimized allies, but that was never necessarily how the game was supposed to go. Of course the reality of this being that alliances formed out of strategy are much weaker than those formed out of other connections, like a common goal or friendships. 

I like the concept of “randomize alliance” in a socialization standpoint (not in an actual treaty mechanic), it would be cool to have an initiative where two random alliances were paired to get to know the other better. Might help the game feel closer and less polarized.

• Like 1

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

3 hours ago, Lord of Puns said:

It is interesting to think about how strategically shallow most of our FA decisions are. In reality we are not picking optimized allies, but that was never necessarily how the game was supposed to go. Of course the reality of this being that alliances formed out of strategy are much weaker than those formed out of other connections, like a common goal or friendships. 

I like the concept of “randomize alliance” in a socialization standpoint (not in an actual treaty mechanic), it would be cool to have an initiative where two random alliances were paired to get to know the other better. Might help the game feel closer and less polarized.

Randomize alliance would be a cool concept. I wish there was a way to do tournaments like this. We have a test server but it's not the same 😩.

21 hours ago, Avatar Patrick said:

Hof and Rose together 🤣

it's only a matter of time until @Thalmor and I finally put our differences aside and make out, our unholy union will shake Orbis to the core (as well as each of our respective alliances, probably)

• Haha 4
xzhPlEh.png?1