An ASM/RedArmy Announcement

Comrade Joe

Red, you were a great person & I loved talking with you, I'll forever miss you man. :( 

• Like 1

Screenshot_20240324_192453_650x175.webp.371a50f212b24d8a1b47b600fff6903f.webp
Hammer Councillor of The Lost Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order, Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines

Over 8k kilometres between me and him, never met him in person, just online friendship, and I am feeling like I've lost someone next door and won't be able to meet him again...  💔

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

I can't express how saddened I was when I red this, this great man lived in a rough world but was strong, helped others when they needed help. He cherished his friends that played the same game as he did.

Even though he died, a part of me is a little happy, one thing for sure he's resting in a good place, a place where someone like him belongs in.

To whom are friends with Redarmy I want you to stay strong and never forget this person, this person was a real angel and will always be in your hearts for being this kind. Rest easy RedArmy.

Edited by Xaria
  • Like 1

Today, is truly a sad day and a great loss for the movement. Redarmy was a bedrock of the revolution and a great leader. Always bringing inspiration and zeal to any community he interacted with as he did with us. He was one of the best people to be in the game. You will forever be remembered comrade and we hope you are able to rest easy now. Myself and all of the USN salutes you and everything you have done o7

• Like 1

I'm glad Red was here to make his mark on pnw, he made a lot of good friends along the way and he even made the lives of people better. May you rest in peace Red

18 hours ago, Comrade Joe said:

Hello everyone, 

Some of you may have heard by now but our beloved friend and comrade RedArmy has passed away this weekend. He died from complications from heart surgery, he was 33. Those who knew him already know this, but he was one of the kindest souls you'll ever meet. He would do anything for anybody, including driving 8 hours across the country to pick up another alliance member who was going through some really rough times, and helping them secure a place to live. Although we've only been playing this game together for 4-5 years, he ended up becoming like a brother to me, and to most of ASM. He was someone who would always listen to you, and help guide you through whatever rough patch you were going through. He was so genuine in an era where that doesn't exist.  We went on an ASM camping trip last year, and it was a blast, except our first night camping we were crushed during Guns & Roses, and 3/4 of ASM's gov't was off in the woods drinking, out of cell service. Red was the only one who had cell service and when he got the notifications he promptly turned the phone off, and casually mentioned it to me a few hours later... deep into inebriation.  Red was one of the most selfless people I've ever met, and that I will ever meet. He constantly gave others everything he had, whether it was emotionally, physically or even financially. He kept nothing for himself. This was true even in death. With his last dying breath he was able to hold on long enough to make it possible to donate several organs so that others could live. 

ASM will never be the same. He was the bedrock of our community, the glue that held a bunch of political stalwarts from delving into chaos every waking moment. There aren't enough kind words I can say about Red. Please pour one out for our fallen brother. We are heartbroken. 

If you are interested there is a gofundme for his family, i've posted it in ASM's discord server. In the interim I have taken over leadership of ASM. 

See you on the other side brother. Rest easy. Love Yinz. 

Untitled_Artwork.png

Rest in peace 😔

tlewar-removebg-preview(1).png

Long live the Lost Empire!

Did not speak to him very much but when I did he always seemed like a very good and nice guy rest in peace and well wishes the family. 

Why are you reading this.

Red was a mix of genuine and kind that as simple as it is rare. Everyone in the ASM Discord has a story of him being so giving and supportive that it's almost off-putting, until you kept interacting with him and realized he was 100% the real deal. I  consider myself incredibly lucky to have gotten to know him.

Rest in Power, Fellow Worker.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

🌹🙏 Grief is difficult. I hope these words will bring someone comfort. My condolences and love ❤️.

Farewell Letter

by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

For reasons of health, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Colombia’s illustrious Nobel Laureate for literature, has declared his retirement from public life. He has terminal cancer and sends this letter of farewell to friends and lovers of literature.

If God, for a second, forgot what I have become and granted me a little bit more of life, I would use it to the best of my ability.

I wouldn’t, possibly, say everything that is in my mind, but I would be more thoughtful l of all I say.

I would give merit to things not for what they are worth, but for what they mean to express.

I would sleep little, I would dream more, because I know that for every minute that we close our eyes, we waste 60 seconds of light.

I would walk while others stop; I would awake while others sleep.

If God would give me a little bit more of life, I would dress in a simple manner, I would place myself in front of the sun, leaving not only my body, but my soul naked at its mercy.

To all men, I would say how mistaken they are when they think that they stop falling in love when they grow old, without knowing that they grow old when they stop falling in love.

I would give wings to children, but I would leave it to them to learn how to fly by themselves.

To old people I would say that death doesn’t arrive when they grow old, but with forgetfulness.

I have learned so much with you all, I have learned that everybody wants to live on top of the mountain, without knowing that true happiness is obtained in the journey taken & the form used to reach the top of the hill.

I have learned that when a newborn baby holds, with its little hand, his father’s finger, it has trapped him for the rest of his life.

I have learned that a man has the right and obligation to look down at another man, only when that man needs help to get up from the ground.

Say always what you feel, not what you think. If I knew that today is the last time that that I am going to see you asleep, I would hug you with all my strength and I would pray to the Lord to let me be the guardian angel of your soul.

If I knew that these are the last moments to see you, I would say “I love you.”

There is always tomorrow, and life gives us another opportunity to do things right, but in case I am wrong, and today is all that is left to me, I would love to tell you how much I love you & that I will never forget you.

Tomorrow is never guaranteed to anyone, young or old. Today could be the last time to see your loved ones, which is why you mustn’t wait; do it today, in case tomorrow never arrives. I am sure you will be sorry you wasted the opportunity today to give a smile, a hug, a kiss, and that you were too busy to grant them their last wish.

Keep your loved ones near you; tell them in their ears and to their faces how much you need them and love them. Love them and treat them well; take your time to tell them “I am sorry,” “forgive me, “please,” “thank you,” and all those loving words you know.

Nobody will know you for your secret thought. Ask the Lord for wisdom and strength to express them.

Show your friends and loved ones how important they are to you.

Send this letter to those you love. If you don’t do it today…tomorrow will be like yesterday, and if you never do it, it doesn’t matter either, the moment to do it is now.

For you, with much love,

Your Friend,
Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Never let the words of your heart go unpublished. 
Tim 🌹