Tweak to Fallout Shelter (planned mechanic)

zigbigadorlou

2 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

A forthcoming project has been planned called Fallout Shelter:

While this is a nice project, having it as an additional project may nerf nukes to the point of semi-irrelevance. I would like to suggest that the Fallout shelter is not buildable if a Vital Defense System (VDS) is also built. This allows a choice between low chance of blocking or a lower but guaranteed protection. 

would it matter for whales at all? You can just build/destroy it at will. And for whales, that's like 2-4 days of income per cycle. unless one of them is a permanent project, hard pass to adding the entire project altogether.

On 6/17/2022 at 7:37 PM, zigbigadorlou said:

A forthcoming project has been planned called Fallout Shelter:

While this is a nice project, having it as an additional project may nerf nukes to the point of semi-irrelevance. I would like to suggest that the Fallout shelter is not buildable if a Vital Defense System (VDS) is also built. This allows a choice between low chance of blocking or a lower but guaranteed protection. 

It’s a non-choice, the illusion of choice. VDS is far more beneficial than the fallout shelter, if you force someone to chose between them there’s no actual choice to make. 

More in line to an actual choice would be being allowed to have just an iron dome or VDS. 

scSqPGJ.gif

18 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

It’s a non-choice, the illusion of choice. VDS is far more beneficial than the fallout shelter, if you force someone to chose between them there’s no actual choice to make. 

More in line to an actual choice would be being allowed to have just an iron dome or VDS. 

Don't we allow players to make dumb choices all the time when people buy credits with irl cash only to buy up to 3000 infra at city 7?

On 6/17/2022 at 4:51 PM, hidude45454 said:

I kind of wanted to not have this as a project entirely, but I like this suggestion a lot more.

I mean this is also a lot farther than from what I understand was the original idea of this project. This project seems like a slot waster. 

On 6/22/2022 at 7:49 PM, Autumn Annayah said:

I mean this is also a lot farther than from what I understand was the original idea of this project. This project seems like a slot waster. 

At 35 cities, 5k land, you can make 4500 food per city per day. Even if the whale has 3K infra, he'd go through atmost 4500-5000 food a day for entire nation
Nerfing the production to 10%, he'd still make 450 food a day or 15750 food, enough to feed himself and sell off. With food at 200-300 ppu in case of a real nuclear winter, that'd give the whales profit even then. This project is purely a whale booster, designed to make whales money.