Community Engagement

Chad

So I am interested in this somewhat and wanted to see what the broader community thought on this. Lately I have been seeing much more talk of in game community and I am interested what do you think would be a good way to drive community engagement in game. 

• Upvote 3

Why are you reading this.

Just now, roberts said:

Serious-posting on the OWF? Could you imagine

I know it's insane but look I am trying it out man.

• Upvote 1

Why are you reading this.

11 hours ago, chad said:

So I am interested in this somewhat and wanted to see what the broader community thought on this. Lately I have been seeing much more talk of in game community and I am interested what do you think would be a good way to drive community engagement in game. 

serious answer:

Continue to push forums as a primary method of communication. Bring people back to long-form discussion boards where politics can take a more serious tone.

Renew radio shows - we've hit a bit of a slump lately

Sphere shakeup/Fluidity - Alliances need to be able to move freely between spheres a little bit more than they are. Right now it's a race/push to get into the "Good" blocs and the "not good" blocs kinda just sit there. There's more than just A or B, you could seek out other like-minded AA's and form a new bloc for example.

Sphere Decentralization - FA is increasingly being handled by one or two figures within spheres, or centralized into a "council" of leadership within the sphere. Freedom, sovereignty, etc. is all still very central to the health of politics in this game and we need to start taking steps away from this pattern.

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

Post got less response, if it would have been by a RON 'revolutionary'. It would have gotten about 6 pages of convo. Only some people like roberts who care for the community have replied . Alex thinks 'our community' ends with his rose/tkr/guardian/grumpy moderator minions. 

• Haha 4