State of Baseball

Prefontaine

19 minutes ago, Mayor said:

They use bots and leave their comp afk, that's not really advantageous to new players who don't have bots but instead helps only well connected players in established alliances.

Bold generalization you're making there. Got any proof to back it up? I've been a pretty heavy baseball player from time to time and I've been in front of my computer clicking for every single one of my games. So have, as far as I know, the overwhelming majority of the current active members of the baseball community. You may even be surprised to learn we report players whom we suspect of using auto-clickers.

I don't deny there is potential for abuse but I thought it worth to set the record straight as I'm not a fan of being painted with a broad brush like that.

Edited by Canbec
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Cassia said:

Yes I know, the script does not work for me. It gives me a warning that says something like "out of sync with what the server is reporting" and forces me to refresh after each ad. The timer also takes far more than 180 seconds if I try to go to a different tab, sometimes I'll go back in a couple minutes and the timer has barely moved.

Weird it works totally fine for me

1 hour ago, chad said:

I have to jump on this I am a new player comparatively as in I am about 1/4 as old as you in term of nation days. I can tell you this as someone who is new and teaches cadet. Over my time teaching now about 100 cadets about 10 at most have used baseball profitably. I as an anecdote also played baseball at the start wasted my first city grant money and lost 90% of that money in the end. Why do I  say this it's simple and the data backs this up the people who play and use baseball the most our upper tier nations. I also will ask if this is about helping noobs why do the people who play baseball the most embargo new nations with messages such as upgrade your staduim. 

First, baseball has changed a lot over the years but right now if you use Doc's script you can play your 250 home games in less than 15 minutes I believe. So if you max out your team to 100 level you can make that money back in around 12 days at 15 minutes per day and then you are making however much money per day as you want to take the time to play. As for most of the people playing being upper tier nations, this is just not true. I know of several 3 and 4 city nations that have 100 level teams and play away games for tips.

While some players do embargo low level players, I personally only did it if they were playing away games. I don't care if they play home games when I was playing away games. Low level teams should only be playing home games anyway.

42 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Worth it if that loss in activity includes your nation.

Surely you can troll better than this... maybe not.

1 hour ago, Cassia said:

I've been doing baseball instead of ads because it's slightly quicker and the ad timer doesn't work properly for me. I definitely don't support people who use autoclickers and bots to cheat, and no doubt there are some people who do, I just don't think a few people getting 8 mil a day by either cheating or spending hours clicking a button is a good reason to get rid of a fairly minor source of additional income for the majority of folks who follow the rules and spend maybe 15 mins a day to get a few million.

I never said get rid of, I just think there should be a cap. I think maybe add a cap once players reach a certain city level or something idk to stop Who Me from blatantly exploiting game mechanics.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Mayor said:

I never said get rid of, I just think there should be a cap. I think maybe add a cap once players reach a certain city level or something idk to stop Who Me from blatantly exploiting game mechanics.

So let me get this straight, you’re saying we should modify a whole game mechanic because of one guy spending a massive amount of time on it and is getting rewarded for spending hours of his time

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canbec said:

Bold generalization you're making there. Got any proof to back it up? I've been a pretty heavy baseball player from time to time and I've been in front of my computer clicking for every single one of my games. So have, as far as I know, the overwhelming majority of the current active members of the baseball community. You may even be surprised to learn we report players whom we suspect of using auto-clickers.

I don't deny there is potential for abuse but I thought it worth to set the record straight as I'm not a fan of being painted with a broad brush like that.

Another pro-baseball post from a TKR guy, certainty nothing fishy going on over there. If you really meant what you say then Who Me wouldn't be in your alliance.

• Downvote 6

5 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Another pro-baseball post from a TKR guy, certainty nothing fishy going on over there. If you really meant what you say then Who Me wouldn't be in your alliance.

I guess you really can't troll any better. Oh well.

1 minute ago, Arawra said:

I don't really care about baseball, I'd even say remove it just so discussions like this don't happen every quarter.

However the concern that baseball generates too much money is kinda funny since the credit capped got increased to 20 not too long ago. That 400m is so much more impactful than the meager amounts people generate monthly from baseball, not to mention that 400m is more money than a lot of nations generate each month.

Greedy.

Well, you see, sheepy doesn't make any money from baseball after all so yeah.

It might save everyone some time and effort if baseball was just removed. It's been getting nerfs for years now, and I see no reason why even if the proposed changes go through, why there won't be another thread discussing a new nerf in a few months. 

But if that doesn't tickle your fancy, listen to @leonissenbaum.  He's smart and he probably knows what he's talking about.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Novax25 said:

So let me get this straight, you’re saying we should modify a whole game mechanic because of one guy spending a massive amount of time on it and is getting rewarded for spending hours of his time

So let me get this straight, you're saying that TKR defends cheaters? That is very concerning to hear. By the way, he does not spend a massive amount of time on this, he spends 15 minutes to generate max income using a bot, he literally just said this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

k so to start off... baseball should be futbol lesbirealheer
(i will also accept some fictional orbis game)

and secondly why do you not post data on this shit @Prefontaine just throw the data down and we dont have to deal with as much of this nonsense 😕

opinions (with some suggestions)

• id prefer a like weekly/monthly cap as opposed to a daily cap... IF a cap is going to be implemented at all
    • chores are bad
  • i do like the diminishing returns model tho maybe tighten that up?
  • i agree it should be a money sink with no real sigificant bonus
    • BUT people that choose to waste stupid amounts of time on a browser game should get a smol kookie
      • tbh tho we shouldnt be encouraging people to sit there and click buttons like that
  • it should benefit smaller nations more than bigger nations
    • maybe mario party it up and like give a 5-15% chance to just win against better teams and get higher percentage payouts for beating bigger pplz (not that many pplz would have unmaxed teams)
    • pplz like the underdog hype

(mostly) suggestions

• build tips in already
  • make it way less clicks to actually play (maybe even just 1 like has been suggested xP)
  • dunno how one would do this... but make it so you cant just put an autoclicker on top of one spot >;3
    • maybe tie some rng with some noise and have it pop up somewhere within a square....
  • stop making me type in custom names every time
  • i lost my train of thought
  • let me sell icecream at home all games

rawr

Edited by katashimon13
rawr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Mayor said:

So let me get this straight, you're saying that TKR defends cheaters? That is very concerning to hear. By the way, he does not spend a massive amount of time on this, he spends 15 minutes to generate max income using a bot, he literally just said this.

I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I said you could do it using Doc's script, I didn't say I used Doc's script which I do not. I use an older script that is slower and takes about 45 minutes to play 250 games. Perhaps sheepy should just ban all scripts used in the game, that would be fun wouldn't it?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Who Me said:

I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I said you could do it using Doc's script, I didn't say I used Doc's script which I do not. I use an older script that is slower and takes about 45 minutes to play 250 games. Perhaps sheepy should just ban all scripts used in the game, that would be fun wouldn't it?

Cheaters gonna cheat no matter what bot you use. 15 minutes or 45 minutes don't matter if you're afk and not even at your computer, making max money on BB per day, but yes this is so good for new players. I think when someone has abused mechanics as much as you have (and at 34 cities by time of this post) that this has gone on long enough with no mod intervention or changes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

19 minutes ago, Mayor said:

and at 34 cities by time of this post

who me was way ahead of me during OG 23 and me tJest... i was like c20 ? (idr wat they were i can probably find it if u REALLY need it)

i am now... past the botting cheating cheating face in city count and all i did was math.... no ads no baseball no flipping AND i have been forcing free resources/money on new nations against their will

point is..... i havent really focused on growth (or this game) and i have surpassed who me in city count

if they were cheating and wasnt just a person who cant find something better to do with thier time... they would be WAY bigger than me (especially considering the like ~900 day gap of accidentally spawning immortals out of pantheon/npolt/watever where i basically didnt grow)

rawr

Edited by katashimon13
rawr
  • Like 1

Sort of wild to say that people, and by “people”, I mean maybe… what, 1-7 try hard/sweats are making a whopping potential 8m a day, and we’re wanting to adjust an entire mechanic in the game?

Just because others “aren’t”, doesn’t mean that it’s some abuse or exploit across the board. It’s literally, 8m a day at most, and I’m going to assume this is the most extreme example that’s able to be found. 8m a day lol; watch out guys, 8m a day, you know, less than what a c7 raider makes in one raid.

And to play advocate, @Who Me I’m sure you’re far from crystal clean hands in this scenario. Certainly if you didn’t play hundreds, if not thousands of games a day through *whatever* means you’re doing it, this wouldn’t even be a topic.

Edited by His Holy Decagon
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, His Holy Decagon said:

Sort of wild to say that people, and by “people”, I mean maybe… what, 1-7 try hard/sweats are making a whopping potential 8m a day, and we’re wanting to adjust an entire mechanic in the game?

this is sort of why i was asking for data....

why tf should i care

rawr

I really don't understand the discussion here. Anyone can play baseball. It's not as if it's a closed off mechanic for a select group of people. It's just like saying "Hey I don't have the patience to watch ads so let's remove that too so other people can't make money off of it." 

It's a mechanic anyone can use. Anyone can make that profit. Why try to take it away from people who have the time/patience to play games? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, katashimon13 said:

who me was way ahead of me during OG 23 and me tJest... i was like c20 ? (idr wat they were i can probably find it if u REALLY need it)

i am now... past the botting cheating cheating face in city count and all i did was math.... no ads no baseball no flipping AND i have been forcing free resources/money on new nations against their will

point is..... i havent really focused on growth (or this game) and i have surpassed who me in city count

if they were cheating and wasnt just a person who cant find something better to do with thier time... they would be WAY bigger than me (especially considering the like ~900 day gap of accidentally spawning immortals out of pantheon/npolt/watever where i basically didnt grow)

rawr

Rawr, I feel ya bud. I am even worse at city growth. Still, even Sheepy himself suspects Who Me of using illegal bots regardless of how bad he is at everything else besides baseball. (Military, Politics, etc.) You know how trash Who Me is so I don't need to go into detail here.

• Downvote 7

46 minutes ago, BigMorf said:

Baseball has a healthy cross alliance community going on here in Orbis that encourages people to get to know each other through playing a feature in the game. The baseball community reports cheaters, cheaters get banned. 

I think this is a really good point that rarely gets mentioned!

PnW is all about the community. Without the people, the game is boring af especially during peacetime, which is the vast majority of the time. Even wartime isn't that fun either tbh.

Through baseball, I got to know many friends from other alliances. It is a unique mechanic that adds another layer of player interactions in the game, bringing together a bunch of decidated players who don't mind the hassle to earn a few extra million a day (The "normal" figure is probably around $3.5M-$4M, $8M a day is for no-lifers like me. Some data from @Prefontaine would be nice)

I've even exchanged a few million $ of tips with a carthago nation that I was arranging beige cycles for :). lol

And cheaters are a no no. Yall, the script does not automate baseball, it just allows us to play 1 game a click which is allowed, and necessary due to how bad the baseball UI itself is. @Mayor

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Prefontaine locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic