Spy Update: Terrorism

So for years now there has been an almost universally bad Espionage option that has no business being in the game in its current iteration.  I am of course, referring to the option of "terrorizing civilians".  As it currently stands, a maximum of 51.75 infrastructure damage can be done using a "terrorism" spy-operation—mind you, this is not even the commonality, this is the absolute most than can be done, assuming you have both 60 spies and a spy satellite versus an enemy with 0 spies  This is blatantly stupid.  There is no other way to describe it.  It either needs to be deleted from the game or more appropriately, a "0" should be added to the number—whereby the maximum would be 510.75 infrastructure damage.  As it currently stands, even doing a "Quick and Dirty" operation for this costs literally 9 times as much as the absolute maximum amount of damage that can be done.  There is no reason this should be in the game if those are the numbers being used.  All it does is provide a trap for new players.  I don't know what logic was used in justifying how someone spending, in theory, $1.5M for a spy-op should be okay with expecting a maximum of $26K worth of damage but that logic is absolutely bananas.  The fact that it has been allowed to persist like this shows either a lack of priority to fix it (perhaps due to simple negligence) or a deliberate maliciousness towards espionage in general.

Edited by Alexander the Great

1. You're forgetting that terrorize also kills some population, which causes a mild decrease is revenue that lasts until that population is recovered.

2. As is, 50 infra for someone with 2,000 infra is actually about $1m and for someone with 2,500 infra (like me) it's about $1.8m. And that's assuming they have both projects and are on Urbanization policy.

3. A spy attack being able to take out a quarter of the average player's infra (assuming "average" is 2,000 infra) is literally broken and idiotic.

And I don't think it should be removed from the game. It may generally be a fairly useless espionage operation, but it's an option to have and I'm never really opposed to options.

• Like 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

8 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

1. You're forgetting that terrorize also kills some population, which causes a mild decrease is revenue that lasts until that population is recovered.

2. As is, 50 infra for someone with 2,000 infra is actually about $1m and for someone with 2,500 infra (like me) it's about $1.8m. And that's assuming they have both projects and are on Urbanization policy.

3. A spy attack being able to take out a quarter of the average player's infra (assuming "average" is 2,000 infra) is literally broken and idiotic.

And I don't think it should be removed from the game. It may generally be a fairly useless espionage operation, but it's an option to have and I'm never really opposed to options.

Forgetting?  No.  I had no idea at all and it's not mentioned anywhere!  That's not bad in that case!  

3 hours ago, Alexander the Great said:

Forgetting?  No.  I had no idea at all and it's not mentioned anywhere!  That's not bad in that case!  

My bad. It actually doesn't. I don't know what I was thinking. Must've been too long since I've done one of those ops. 😅

You successfully detonated an explosive in New Trabzon, Kebab, terrorizing civilians and destroying 27.65 infrastructure. Your agents were able to operate undetected. The operation cost you $593,969.70 and 0 of your spies were captured and executed.

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

On 6/4/2022 at 5:55 PM, Alexander the Great said:

So for years now there has been an almost universally bad Espionage option that has no business being in the game in its current iteration.  I am of course, referring to the option of "terrorizing civilians".  As it currently stands, a maximum of 51.75 infrastructure damage can be done using a "terrorism" spy-operation—mind you, this is not even the commonality, this is the absolute most than can be done, assuming you have both 60 spies and a spy satellite versus an enemy with 0 spies  This is blatantly stupid.  There is no other way to describe it. 

On 6/4/2022 at 6:13 PM, Jacob Knox said:

I agree with both these points, i think it needs a buff, but I don't think that buff needs to be 500 infra.
What about just multiplying it by two instead of ten; or for example the destruction of one nation improvement.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BelgiumFury said:

I agree with both these points, i think it needs a buff, but I don't think that buff needs to be 500 infra.
What about just multiplying it by two instead of ten; or for example the destruction of one nation improvement.

I'm iffy on the improvement part unless it has odds that don't guarantee it. Otherwise, that's up to 3 improvements destroyed per day with just spy ops.

• Upvote 1

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

Since it is 'terrorise civilians,' a compremise with the improvement destruction idea could be that it only destroys what could be considered cevilian improvements. I'm thinking commerce improvements, hospitals, subways; the places that would actually be attacked by terrorists. It makes little sense that a nation is terrorising civilians by attacking a drydock.

• Upvote 2