An OWR Announcement

Sval

7 hours ago, Sval said:

LZwCaqNC2uBoQqphQ0Kh-4awdVf_GfmaHeR_OxcNxs4JT1ZHCqvJp1ONZdkXPydErCc_G47WLu3uRskLloxAza9__6e2jxxVljkBM2q5H2p6W2in69kJuS9uh5zWD21o8dgzNc9C8qJ_MENikQ

Order of the White Rose Announcement

OWR formally withdraws from Orbis.

Signed,
Sval

Goodbye!  Sad to see you go.  Good luck in future 😊

Celer Et Audax

I'll avoid making this too emotional but Sval many years ago we first crossed paths from OWR/HS, and from there we would play political tag allying on and off, but in the end we always did know how to find each other in the end. From getting rolled to doing the rolling I have known OWR and many if not a majority of OWR since the beginning, and for allowing us into your lives, community, and escape I thank you. 

Thank you for the laughs, cries (from too much laughter), the fun times, the bad times, and until the end. I've truly gained many friends that I will carry on with hopefully for the majority of my life, so thank you and thank you to the OWR community for opening your arms to me and house Stark. 

This isnt a goodbye, but instead until next time.
o7

(love you benis & kabu)

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Sval said:

LZwCaqNC2uBoQqphQ0Kh-4awdVf_GfmaHeR_OxcNxs4JT1ZHCqvJp1ONZdkXPydErCc_G47WLu3uRskLloxAza9__6e2jxxVljkBM2q5H2p6W2in69kJuS9uh5zWD21o8dgzNc9C8qJ_MENikQ

Order of the White Rose Announcement

OWR formally withdraws from Orbis.

Signed,
Sval

It's a pain to see an alliance with a history like yours disband.

A long time ago when I was a baby rose member I loved the idea there was another relevant alliance with rose in the name. And even though it's dumb to this day i sometimes feel an odd sense of joy when i saw an OTW in the wild. No real reason for those feelings, I didn't know you well (except you had a rich history). 

It's sad to lose that history.
It's sad that this stupid little thing I liked is dissapearing.
But, all the best Sval, I hope it goes you well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mayor said:

If a single slightly negative comment "proves" your point that this game is super duper toxic and I am a sociopath then maybe you should indeed take a bit of a break.

Most well-adjusted folk don't feel the need to parade around the fact they're entirely insufferable this blatantly but I guess you're just special. 😆

Hate to see an alliance disband. Good luck to all involved with wherever they end up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Itachi said:

Most well-adjusted folk don't feel the need to parade around the fact they're entirely insufferable this blatantly but I guess you're just special. 😆

Hate to see an alliance disband. Good luck to all involved with wherever they end up.

Most well-adjusted folk don't feel the need to take a video game so seriously as to let it define their entire character and then get visibly disturbed at a tame comment like earlier or deleting after a war. :)

Maybe things would be better if OWR spent a bit more time actually engaging with the community in fun ways rather than just giving up and leaving when things got a bit tough and then blaming everyone else for it. I'm sure that embargo you placed on me though will really set me straight. Impressive move Syndicate, as always.

Comeback.png

14 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Most well-adjusted folk don't feel the need to take a video game so seriously as to let it define their entire character and then get visibly disturbed at a tame comment like earlier or deleting after a war. :)

Maybe things would be better if OWR spent a bit more time actually engaging with the community in fun ways rather than just giving up and leaving when things got a bit tough and then blaming everyone else for it. I'm sure that embargo you placed on me though will really set me straight. Impressive move Syndicate, as always.

Comeback.png

I am entirely sure you wouldn't know well-adjusted if it slammed you in the face.

3 minutes ago, Itachi said:

I am entirely sure you wouldn't know well-adjusted if it slammed you in the face.

Are current events getting to you a little bit my friend? Syndicate has really fallen on hard times I see. I really don't want to further derail this thread more than it already had been but you seem really intent on bringing me back here. :)

Dw, Syndicate will be fine, you guys have survived worse than this.

• Haha 1

Why, oh why, would I want to engage with people like you mate? You're just another self-disproving example of the reason we made this decision. We don't have to justify anything regarding why we quit, but it's not because it got a bit tough. We've been through worse before and carried on. We're just calling it quits now because we're done with it all. The fact you can't accept that without spewing vitriol is a perfect example of the problem, that too many people can't see beyond the myopic lens of their own narrow perspective of what is and isn't acceptable and to understand that not everyone enjoys what they enjoy, not everyone wants what they want, and that without a diverse range of people playing, this game will stagnate. The rampant narcissism, self-righteousness and blatant self-delusion doesn't help either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bendigeidfran said:

Why, oh why, would I want to engage with people like you mate? You're just another self-disproving example of the reason we made this decision. We don't have to justify anything regarding why we quit, but it's not because it got a bit tough. We've been through worse before and carried on. We're just calling it quits now because we're done with it all. The fact you can't accept that without spewing vitriol is a perfect example of the problem, that too many people can't see beyond the myopic lens of their own narrow perspective of what is and isn't acceptable and to understand that not everyone enjoys what they enjoy, not everyone wants what they want, and that without a diverse range of people playing, this game will stagnate. The rampant narcissism, self-righteousness and blatant self-delusion doesn't help either.

I just play a game and have fun mate, Cheers.

I am saddened by this. OWR were an enjoyable group, and Sval was the right mix of competent and compassionate.

I hope that your community can thrive irrespective of your desire to play the game.

• Like 2

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

8 minutes ago, Bendigeidfran said:

That's what I thought. Take no responsibility for the things you do and ignore the impact your actions have on everyone else. I knew you'd prove me right in the end, you lot always do. Cheers.

I am responsible for the single comment I made that somehow triggered you so hard you were forced to respond to me multiple times. Are you satisfied now?

By your own admission you're just playing a game and having fun, and by your own admission you just came of your own volition to our disbandment thread at a deeply sad moment for all of us to make a "slightly negative comment" which is proof enough of the type of person you are. As for me being triggered, I'm as within my rights to respond to you as you are to continually keep returning yourself even though I haven't once quoted you, you've received no notifications and yet you keep coming back. Keep projecting and deflecting mate it suits your type perfectly.

1 minute ago, Bendigeidfran said:

By your own admission you're just playing a game and having fun, and by your own admission you just came of your own volition to our disbandment thread at a deeply sad moment for all of us to make a "slightly negative comment" which is proof enough of the type of person you are. As for me being triggered, I'm as within my rights to respond to you as you are to continually keep returning yourself even though I haven't once quoted you, you've received no notifications and yet you keep coming back. Keep projecting and deflecting mate it suits your type perfectly.

You keep talking to me directly mate, quote or no quote you are talking and replying to me. So yes I am going to come back and check to make sure. You could have just easily ignored me and let me eat that -21 downvote comment and call it a day but you insist on continuing this discussion.

You guys lost a war and decided to quit over it and some supposed earlier toxicity.. but I'd imagine you would blame me for you disbanding if you could somehow. The fact you are so bothered by a single comment is incredible to me, even Legion didn't react this badly when I trolled them; maybe you can ask them for some help with dealing with people online.

• Upvote 1

Hey look there he goes again. "Just having fun" "Trolling". Classic. Tell me more about how I'm not allowed to talk in my disbandment thread but you're entitled to do this all day? I've got time to chat, no big deal. And yeah you can fabricate reasons for our disbandment if you want, it's no longer any concern of ours. I'm happy to continue this engaging conversation as long as you like babe, I've already gotten way more out of you than I'd dared dream.

• Haha 1

About damn time.  It was pretty fun hassling each other in the past, but honestly, I appreciated you and your alliance.  Hated the fact you guys were tied to Polaris back in the day, but hey - that's how it works sometimes.

Obligatory "you'll be back".

Firstly Sval,

We met early on and you were always a chill down to earth guy, you built a extremely tight knit community and I enjoyed talking to you guys regularly. It's unfortunate we eventually found ourselves as enamies on multiple occasions, I wish you well on your future ventures and moving on with life. 

8 hours ago, Bendigeidfran said:

-snip,-

I don't know what to tell you here, welcome to the internet were some people are toxic. However painting the entire community in this brush is not fair representative of the game. In fact i have met some of the nicest, most down to earth, caring, respectable people here. I'm not sure how often you ventured out of owr servers but if you did you may have figured this out.  I find way more people that are genuinely nice and welcoming than I find that are toxic and off putting.

If you want to quit the game so be it but please don't trash the community you know so little about on the way out 

This community overall is amazing, I'm sorry you did not take the time to experance this

Edited by Azazel
  • Upvote 1

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

That requires an awful lot of assumptions on your part, all of them wrong. In the end, the shitheap community is why we're leaving. There are good people, yes, but as a rule it's a toxic mess, a cursory scan of OWF will tell you all you ever need to know.

45 minutes ago, Bendigeidfran said:

That requires an awful lot of assumptions on your part, all of them wrong. In the end, the shitheap community is why we're leaving. There are good people, yes, but as a rule it's a toxic mess, a cursory scan of OWF will tell you all you ever need to know.

I am sorry the entire forums could not be your safe space. Please go ahead and report my comments to make yourself feel better, my treat.