Peace in our Time

BigMorf

I like how you (HWR$) all make it look like Clock is the big bad guy making it look like a big deal, when the last time a Clock representative spoke in this thread was 3 days ago. We know you love us, HW & Ro$e, and that this move is 100% "because" of us .. but you could at least nuance your words, I wouldn't exactly be proud of myself and actively "troll" Clock when I signed a - I'll be careful - temporary MDP de facto creating a temporary hegemony just to allegedly stop us.

Also, I find it curious that some of you used the word "pragmatism" to refer to this move. I wouldn't exactly define a move that shows you in shameful way and gets the entire game angry for legitimate reasons as "pragmatic", but you do you. I know you guys only sees Clock because we have a few whales, but the rest of the game exists too, and yes, they disagree with your move. You're not going to convince anyone else of the opposite ..

(and props to HW members downvoting their own post in the past few days after the storm to allegedly discredit the other 130 downvotes, that's some honourable sacrifice)

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Pascal said:

I like how you (HWR$) all make it look like Clock is the big bad guy making it look like a big deal, when the last time a Clock representative spoke in this thread was 3 days ago. We know you love us, HW & Ro$e, and that this move is 100% "because" of us .. but you could at least nuance your words, I wouldn't exactly be proud of myself and actively "troll" Clock when I signed a - I'll be careful - temporary MDP de facto creating a temporary hegemony just to allegedly stop us.

Also, I find it curious that some of you used the word "pragmatism" to refer to this move. I wouldn't exactly define a move that shows you in shameful way and gets the entire game angry for legitimate reasons as "pragmatic", but you do you. I know you guys only sees Clock because we have a few whales, but the rest of the game exists too, and yes, they disagree with your move. You're not going to convince anyone else of the opposite ..

(and props to HW members downvoting their own post in the past few days after the storm to allegedly discredit the other 130 downvotes, that's some honourable sacrifice)

Who’s trolling??  Also have you peaced out yet?  You’re still moaning so I guess not…

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Celer Et Audax

10 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

Clock  crowd: "EVERYONE IS DOWNVOTING YOU SO THAT MEANS YOU ARE HORRIBLE" 

Also Clock crowd: "TKR DOWNVOTING ITSELF AND PRETENDING ITS ALL A JOKE IS DAMAGE CONTROL REEEE"

Also Clock crowd: "LOOK EVEN PARTISAN DOWNVOTED YOUR POST THAT MEANS YOU MUST BE BAD REEEEE"

Meanwhile, Partisan,  05-26-2022:

image.png.472183a4907365b8dfe33cbabdde7f20.png

Mayor friend, what  are you doing?????

Woah there Partisan! Calm down my old friend, no need to shout, we are all civilized here. And thank you. Since I know that a few from TKR had decided to downvote Morfs post, I also saw my good friend Partisan do so, and so I mentioned it earlier and was a bit concerned. So thank you again.

I know you my old pal have been supportive of the treaty but you never once claimed it was popular unlike many others in this thread. However your defense of your treaty partner TKR and their underhanded scheme to slander and defame anyone with legitimate criticism is a bit much for me though I do understand your position. I wish you well anyways friend!

On 6/2/2022 at 4:41 AM, Thalmor said:

-Snip-

There's literally only 3 major spheres right now.  Celest, Clock, and HW.  The rest don't even matter, nor are they even making any moves.

I won't touch the "half a decade" part since @Adrienne already corrected you on the timeline (I half thought about doing that in my initial post, but I wanted to focus on the major point - which is that TKR isn't against minispheres when they literally helped pioneer the idea along with some other alliances).

>Right now, the only people who are acting like they're against multispheres are Celestial and Hollywood- who might have bigger nations on average but are still in the minority of active players. 

You're right.  The very vast majority of downvotes throughout this thread are from people that are in the majority of the game.

Do something.  Seriously.  If you have the majority of the community against this treaty idea, DO. SOMETHING.

11 hours ago, Pascal said:

Also, I find it curious that some of you used the word "pragmatism" to refer to this move. I wouldn't exactly define a move that shows you in shameful way and gets the entire game angry for legitimate reasons as "pragmatic", but you do you.

This doesn't even make sense.  It's pragmatic in the sense that the only purpose for this treaty is to demil along with the only other threat that's not currently in a conflict.  It's also pragmatic in the sense that the alliance they reacted against showed competency with chaining a war, in a very effective way.

If the treaty exists after the war concludes, then sure, it is shameful.  Until then, it's a smart move to ensure security.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

If the treaty exists after the war concludes, then sure, it is shameful.  

I have 2 questions then:

1 - What stops Hollywood and Celestial from doing this again in the future? What if Clock hits somebody else much later this year? Would this just happen again? 

2 - If the treaty continues past the war, what will you do? 

And y'all need to stop with this 'do something lol' rhetoric. You guys put yourself in a hegemonic position, with a massive advantage in the upper tier. Celestial in particular also has a massive economic edge. You're not tough for asking the C21 guy with 110M to their name to challenge the C32 guy who has over a billion banked up. 

Remember this symbol? What did it mean?

tgh_pip.png

• Upvote 4

new_forum_sig_2.png

You going to continue posting and criticizing whining or actually take action?

I'm not holding hands and doing things for you right now.  I'm retired.  Enjoying growing my nation for once.

EDIT:

Last I checked, I was a c21 changing the game during my prime.  We started off as an alliance with 200million thanks to @Sketchy's own funds.  Don't come at me with that weak shit.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Thalmor said:

1 - What stops Hollywood and Celestial from doing this again in the future? What if Clock hits somebody else much later this year? Would this just happen again? 

The whole point is that if spheres are noncombatants, then there isn't an issue with them continuing as noncombatants militarized or not.  If HW is at war with celestial and BR/Clock want to do the same deal, I'd say go ahead.  This doesn't change the meta that noncombatants can gain a bit more economic progress while sitting on the sidelines.  

I'd say there's two points where this becomes an issue:

1) The same sphere/alliance groupings continually work together that stagnates political relationships 

2) The treaty is held after war beyond a doubt of protecting against a demilitarized hit

12 hours ago, Thalmor said:

If this were to happen, you might actually have a point.  Until then, all of this is just empty rhetoric.  

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Thalmor said:

Should we take this to mean Clock will only seek out 1v1s against severely outmatched spheres?

13 hours ago, Thalmor said:

Nobody wants this lol. Don’t be so disingenuous.

22 hours ago, Mayor said:

you never once claimed it was popular unlike many others in this thread

You are quite literally the only person who has said that.

2 hours ago, WarriorSoul said:

Nobody wants this lol. Don’t be so disingenuous.

That's all they've got.

BrOQBND.jpg

3 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Team up and hit the rest of the game?  that is what it seems like the people are asking for.

No friend ronny. Team up and farm while they look on in horror and disgust.

Hit them where it hurts.

• Haha 4

os9LcJK.gif

I'll just say this real quick, TI did the same thing several times, And it would not shock me hollywood signed celestial, Due to several secret treaties on TI's part during oasis, Coincidence? I think not.

Edited by Linky
Grammer go brr ;p
  • Haha 1

Sorra Himguard (1).png

On 5/24/2022 at 6:26 PM, BigMorf said:

hwood_300x150.pngcelestial_641x427_300x150.png

"The Peace in our Times Agreement"

Preamble: In the interest of peace and mutual understanding, the two parties of Hollywood and Celestial enter into this agreement. Recognizing that at this time there is no Casus Belli between the two parties and as such in an effort to avoid a needless and causeless war, the two parties agree to enter into a mutual agreement of demilitarization. 

Article 1: The two parties, effective of the update of today, May 25th, in game time will demilitarize to the following MMR: 1/3/5/0 with the option for voluntary but not required 1 drydock per city based on the individual alliance's standard peacetime MMR. 

Article 2: Nations below c10 whose primary income source is raiding will not be affected by the limit of barracks in the standard MMR of this agreement and will be allowed a MMR of 5/3/5/0 or 5/3/5/1. 

Article 3: During this period of demilitarization in the face of the current ongoing global conflict, the parties pledge to come to the aid of the other if one party comes under the attack of a sphere that is already militarized. 

Article 4: This agreement will expire once the current spheres already engaged in hostility have rebuilt and returned to a standard peacetime MMR. 

Signed, 

Hollywood Sphere Leadership

Celestial Sphere Leadership

Since the term in article 4 has been satisfied, is it safe to declare that this treaty is null/void/expired?

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

13 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

Since the term in article 4 has been satisfied, is it safe to declare that this treaty is null/void/expired?

oh about that...  Article 36-4, which was not included in the public announcement states that when you Kev, ask about the treaty ending, it activates and we become full time allies with Ro$e.

2 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

oh about that...  Article 36-4, which was not included in the public announcement states that when you Kev, ask about the treaty ending, it activates and we become full time allies with Ro$e.

Sounds about right.

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif