Peace in our Time

BigMorf

9 hours ago, Adrienne said:

Also lol at people using downvotes alone as substantial evidence of much of anything, especially when I'm pretty sure BigMorf was more or less campaigning for downvotes at one point.................

21 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

I made a comment about how not all of them were made in protest and poked fun at Morf a bit. No one said downvotes are upvotes or is pretending this agreement is super popular. If that's your guys' attempt at spinning my statements, you can do better. You should go reread the rest of what I actually said and quit hanging out Mayor so much.

3 hours ago, Bucca of the Marish said:

I fully support this treaty and believe it's an excellent idea and I still downvoted Morf. Everybody was doing it I just wanted to be popular.

Don't take forum reactions as gospel.

Maybe instead of laser-like focusing on forum downvotes/upvotes your alliance could instead stop belittling others grievances and try to understand. That might actually help some instead of just pretending that people are not upset about this, or that it is only Clock, and many other cases of people in HW laughing and enjoying themselves in an IQ-like manner at others expense.

Mostly everyone understands what an upvote or downvote means, just because Morf got -135 does not mean he is worse than Roq. I have seen many from your side, including Partisan, downvote Morfs post and multiple times Morf himself is owning it and treating it like an honour (which is fine). But then you all come in here and say that downvotes don't really matter as some sort of excuse.

Maybe instead you should reread what literally hundreds of others posts have been made describing this trainwreck of a treaty.

PS: I like hanging out with Kev, hes fam..

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Maybe instead of laser-like focusing on forum downvotes/upvotes your alliance could instead stop belittling others grievances and try to understand. That might actually help some instead of just pretending that people are not upset about this, or that it is only Clock, and many other cases of people in HW laughing and enjoying themselves in an IQ-like manner at others expense.

Mostly everyone understands what an upvote or downvote means, just because Morf got -135 does not mean he is worse than Roq. I have seen many from your side, including Partisan, downvote Morfs post and multiple times Morf himself is owning it and treating it like an honour (which is fine). But then you all come in here and say that downvotes don't really matter as some sort of excuse.

Maybe instead you should reread what literally hundreds of others posts have been made describing this trainwreck of a treaty.

The only people laser focusing on downvotes and upvotes are you all, with your (poorly conducted) analyses on downvotes and your spinning of statements to try to push a narrative on us that we're saying downvotes are upvotes. My point was that Morf getting more downvotes with this agreement than Roq starting NPOLT isn't a smoking gun indication that this is the worst thing ever to happen in the history of PnW like some folks here have been implying, as I mentioned here.

Edited by Adrienne

BrOQBND.jpg

8 hours ago, Charles Bolivar said:

I didn't realise people actually put much stock in downvotes 🤷‍♂️

I would say the comments made by folks in Back Room, Johnsons, Haunted in the OWF and in Discord are an even bigger indication that they are troubled by this move - Mayor added the fact that this is one of the most downvoted threads in the history of Orbis as a cherry on top of the main point that this move isn't just Clock bellyaching.

• Upvote 2

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

3 hours ago, WarriorSoul said:

half the posts are you bro lmao

15/360 = "Half the posts are from Mayor"

The depths people will go trying to pretend this treaty is popular.

9 hours ago, Charles Bolivar said:

I didn't realise people actually put much stock in downvotes 🤷‍♂️

I'm not sure if you noticed, but I happen to have the second most downvoted post this war, and probably the third, forth etc. all in the OWR leaving thread, where literally everyone used a downvote to show me that they "disapproved". Interesting to me that in that thread everyone used them on my initial post, literally only one guy directly talked to me, yet in this thread downvotes don't mean anything at all (and actually are positive) and people in TKR are told to downvote Morfs post.

Anyways as Kev said these downvotes just add onto what is already a chorus of negativity about this treaty but keep your head in the sand if that is what you want.

3 hours ago, Mayor said:

15/360 = "Half the posts are from Mayor"

The depths people will go trying to pretend this treaty is popular.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but I happen to have the second most downvoted post this war, and probably the third, forth etc. all in the OWR leaving thread, where literally everyone used a downvote to show me that they "disapproved". Interesting to me that in that thread everyone used them on my initial post, literally only one guy directly talked to me, yet in this thread downvotes don't mean anything at all (and actually are positive) and people in TKR are told to downvote Morfs post.

Anyways as Kev said these downvotes just add onto what is already a chorus of negativity about this treaty but keep your head in the sand if that is what you want.

I have no issues if you dont like it, I expect you not to like it, because it helps the two strongest spheres in the game, which is bad news for the rest of you.  I give you guys credit because you are doing what you should do, which is make a huge deal of out it and act like its the end of the world, since you recognize this is your best/only real course of action, since militarily you aren't in a real position to take down either bloc, but if you make a big enough stink you can get some political movement here, which you may be able to use in the future.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I have no issues if you dont like it, I expect you not to like it, because it helps the two strongest spheres in the game, which is bad news for the rest of you.  I give you guys credit because you are doing what you should do, which is make a huge deal of out it and act like its the end of the world, since you recognize this is your best/only real course of action, since militarily you aren't in a real position to take down either bloc, but if you make a big enough stink you can get some political movement here, which you may be able to use in the future.

I can't speak for others but for me, the main issue has been that I respect alliances like Oblivion, Guardian, Rose, and hell, even Grumpy. Which is why I find this move to be pretty low given the competence and history of these alliances. So true that I despise this treaty I understand that people can make mistakes and I hope in the future, as people have stated, this kind of treaty between the two largest spheres is never done again.

It is surprising to me as well the amount of people who are supportive of this treaty yet criticize your own alliance Grumpy and your long time allies Guardian for being detrimental to game health as we have all heard time and time again. I wish many of your allies in this treaty would be more consistent with their stances.

On 6/2/2022 at 6:41 AM, Thalmor said:

Ironically, it's moves like this treaty that are taking steps to end this multipolarity. Very ironic to see  people from the same side sticking the knife in and say "oh yeah, crime is getting really bad these days." 

I really hate claims like this.  It’s all rhetoric and no substance.  There is zero intent to fight a war together just not to be hit while demilitarized.  If clock wants to 1 v 1 either sphere because of this, so be it but that doesn’t mean multipolarity is harmed by spheres maintaining their neutrality in a war that doesn’t involve them.  

Unless there’s some new secret treaty or mega sphere between Celestial or HW, none of this is going to change the meta. 

9 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

I would say the comments made by folks in Back Room, Johnsons, Haunted in the OWF and in Discord are an even bigger indication that they are troubled by this move - Mayor added the fact that this is one of the most downvoted threads in the history of Orbis as a cherry on top of the main point that this move isn't just Clock bellyaching.

I personally haven't seen any negativity

On 6/2/2022 at 7:16 PM, Mayor said:

Shill more for TKR why don't you? But I guess it is opposite day. Woo! -135 downvotes is really +135 upvotes! What a popular guy Morf is! Wait... we can't take upvotes seriously either?

How about we go by the massive amount of public discontent? Literally nearly 15 pages in and people are still trying to pretend this is a popular treaty or something. Downvotes are a good way of showing disapproval of what someone says, just go and ask literally anyone who posted in the OWR leaving thread. Just because your alliances organizes an effort to all downvote Morf so you can delegitimatize concerns of others does not mean that those concerns are imaginary.

I'll shill for whomever the hell I want thank you very much. But you're right, we made an internal coordinated effort to come and downvote this post, without any other alliance even remotely aware until I made the post that I downvoted Morf to be cool and you revealed our deviance to the world. Your insight is astounding and I applaud you for discovering the true motivation behind my words.

23 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

Yes, I see you downvoted him 3 hours ago…after this new narrative that the downvotes are actually upvotes. I also see you posted 3 hours ago about how downvotes are upvotes….

@Adrienne I get trying to own the downvote thing as a meme and spinning it into a positive to save face, but to double down on it seems a little weak.

If downvotes = upvotes and upvotes = downvotes, then it follows that upvotes = upvotes and downvotes = downvotes and thus all votes are essentially upvotes. And if every vote is an upvote and upvotes = downvotes then all votes are also downvotes, and if all votes are both up and downvotes, then they cancel themselves out and shouldn't matter.

Edited by Bucca of the Marish
grammar

On 6/3/2022 at 6:46 AM, Mayor said:

Just because your alliances organizes an effort to all downvote Morf so you can delegitimatize concerns of others does not mean that those concerns are imaginary

11 hours ago, Mayor said:

people in TKR are told to downvote Morfs post.

TKR has 173 members. I can recognise only 3-4 people downvoting here and i can 100% say that these guys like to meme and are fun people of TKR. This definitely means, we haven't told anyone to do what you are trying to spread.

Screenshot_20220604-092711-034.png

image.png.4824d77377c05ab0639aa7b3275e3aea.png

14 hours ago, Who Me said:

Well hell guys, if you hate it so much just suck up your courage, get together and do something about it. Otherwise please shuuuuut uuuuuup.

They won't. All talk, no balls.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

8 hours ago, Big Brother said:

They won't. All talk, no balls.

I'm sure everyone is really impressed by Syndicate standing behind Rose, TKR, Grumpy, Guardian and many others while taunting and trying to provoke people. In fact this entire treaty screams to me "All talk, no balls." since that is quite literally what it is. If your alliance was not utterly emasculated by this point then this treaty would not have been signed.

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2022 at 11:09 PM, Cooper_ said:

I'm still lost as to how an agreement to safely get to a lower MMR is being held as the same as or even similar to the Swamp-Oasis bloc-wide MDP against a potential threat.

18 hours ago, Cooper_ said:

There is zero intent to fight a war together just not to be hit while demilitarized.

"This is not at all similar to a bloc to bloc MDP against a potential threat"
"The intent of this treaty is not to be hit by a potential threat"

You're a hypocrite, and you know it. Stop trying to frame this as anything other than what it is: An act of pixelhuggery.

unknown_3_1_65.png

2 hours ago, Changeup said:

You're a hypocrite, and you know it. Stop trying to frame this as anything other than what it is: An act of pixelhuggery.

tbh this whole thing was just bait. the thought process was everyone would get angry enough to hit someone. But who? GG is too tiered. TKR is too tenacious. T$ is too whiny.

The clear answer is Rose.

We (T$, Grumpy, and TKR) conspired to get the whole world mad enough to form some kind of super-TJest-type AA and go rogue on Rose. Celestial? A farce, an illusion to set this whole thing up. t$ is coming for Rose, with the ultimate goal being forced disbandment.

Once Rose is engaged with the rest of the world, we unveil the real plan and hit them from behind.

1m score going down to 100k. 9 months of war minimum.

#RoseFall2022

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Mayor said:

I'm sure everyone is really impressed by Syndicate standing behind Rose, TKR, Grumpy, Guardian and many others while taunting and trying to provoke people. In fact this entire treaty screams to me "All talk, no balls." since that is quite literally what it is. If your alliance was not utterly emasculated by this point then this treaty would not have been signed.

More talk, even less balls.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

On 6/3/2022 at 4:49 AM, Mayor said:

Clock  crowd: "EVERYONE IS DOWNVOTING YOU SO THAT MEANS YOU ARE HORRIBLE" 

Also Clock crowd: "TKR DOWNVOTING ITSELF AND PRETENDING ITS ALL A JOKE IS DAMAGE CONTROL REEEE"

Also Clock crowd: "LOOK EVEN PARTISAN DOWNVOTED YOUR POST THAT MEANS YOU MUST BE BAD REEEEE"

Meanwhile, Partisan,  05-26-2022:

image.png.472183a4907365b8dfe33cbabdde7f20.png

Mayor friend, what  are you doing?????

Edited by Prefonteen

os9LcJK.gif

42 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

My word has this thread been derailed

Less derailed, more devolved IMO

15 hours ago, Changeup said:

Is name calling all you’ve got??  I thought better off you tbh.  To buy into the fearmongery is one thing, to then post and contribute literally nothing is quite another.

Celer Et Audax