Peace in our Time

BigMorf

4 hours ago, Thalmor said:

That was over four years ago.

That's irrelevant.  To say TKR was against the idea isn't true.  They gave it a shot when very few other alliances did.  At the time when KETOGG and Chaos existed, that was the prime idea moment of minispheres.

After NPOLT - that's when it pretty much all crumbled.  Because none of the newer leaders and/or stagnant alliances cared for it.

When the idea of minispheres popped up, only KETOGG existed.  I pushed for that idea hard, but it wasn't gaining any traction.  Then suddenly, BOOM, Chaos formed.  None of us pushed any of those alliances to go for it.  They did it all on their own and indirectly supported our (KETOGG) ideals with it.

I honestly don't know why this community continues to talk about the idea of minispheres.  Granted I enjoy the fact the idea has survived, at least in theory, till this present day.

However, when it comes down to it, to say TKR is against it?  No.  Don't put the blame on them.  They're literally one of the very few who helped promote it back in it's prime with their own actions.  To say they're against it?  The whole damn community is against the idea.  It's not just them, they're just adapting to the state of the game - like most major alliances have.

• Upvote 3

On 5/31/2022 at 3:19 AM, HeroofTime55 said:

How is Clock "cowardly" for responding to an effort, fully admitted to, to orchestrate a curbstomp against them?  It would be irresponsible to not punish the instigators of such a conspiracy.  You're a funny dude, dude.

If i'm not mistaken it was proven pretty early on in this thread that Backrooms were looking for specifically whales to join them to make it an even fight. But then again I guess it's easier to divert blame to a temporary treaty than to admit BR had any chance of winning this war. And you call the non-belligerents cowards... Ironic.

32 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

I also disagree that minispheres is dead. There's 6 distinct spheres. These past two years have had very organic, unpredictable, and fluid politics occur between the spheres. I mean, nobody saw this treaty coming. Nobody saw Mystery-Oasis happening. Nobody saw Guns and Rose happening (or ending) the way it did. Nobody saw Hollywood forming. Nobody saw Quack disbanding. The list goes on. We live in a multisphere world that is far different from the bipolarity of the early years of the game. It doesn't exist 'in theory,' it exists in practice in the present. 

Ironically, it's moves like this treaty that are taking steps to end this multipolarity. Very ironic to see  people from the same side sticking the knife in and say "oh yeah, crime is getting really bad these days."

How can you in one sentence praise this treaty as "fluid politics of minispheres" then call it "anti-minisphere" in the next? You need to make up your mind man, is this treaty (and Mystery-Oasis as extension) a dynamic part of mini-spheres or are they both counterproductive and damaging to the concept? 

I mean personally by looking at the recent events and the history certain alliances have, the consolidation of spheres isn't going to happen because of a treaty that prevents chaining wars. Because at the end of the day, said treaty only works in an environment where mini-spheres exist.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thalmor said:

I shouldn't have to explain that the leaders and FA heads of t$, Rose, and TKR aren't the whole community.

They aren't. Neither are the loud Clock people that make up the overwhelming part of that "community backlash" you're talking about.

• Upvote 3

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

2 hours ago, Thalmor said:

TKR's actions nearly half a decade ago is overshadowed by their moves against minispheres in more recent times. Those moves being the formation of Hollywood and this treaty. 

If a Pastor went on a mission trip, to then come back home to stop preaching, deal drugs, and commit armed robbery, does his old mission trip mean he's still a man of God? No, it doesn't. 

The mission trip was a good thing, sure; as was the formation of Chaos. But I just don't think the past is validating present bad acts. 

I also disagree that minispheres is dead. There's 6 distinct spheres. These past two years have had very organic, unpredictable, and fluid politics occur between the spheres. I mean, nobody saw this treaty coming. Nobody saw Mystery-Oasis happening. Nobody saw Guns and Rose happening (or ending) the way it did. Nobody saw Hollywood forming. Nobody saw Quack disbanding. The list goes on. We live in a multisphere world that is far different from the bipolarity of the early years of the game. It doesn't exist 'in theory,' it exists in practice in the present. 

Ironically, it's moves like this treaty that are taking steps to end this multipolarity. Very ironic to see  people from the same side sticking the knife in and say "oh yeah, crime is getting really bad these days." 

And to say that "The whole damn community is against the idea" is completely arrogant. You're not blind. This thread is 14 pages long because there is massive community backlash to this move. I shouldn't have to explain that the leaders and FA heads of t$, Rose, and TKR aren't the whole community. There are half a dozen distinct spheres because the broader community - and political decision makers who weld some kind of power - want and have wanted decentralized, freer politics. Right now, the only people who are acting like they're against multispheres are Celestial and Hollywood- who might have bigger nations on average but are still in the minority of active players. 

pretty fricking pog

2 hours ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

They aren't. Neither are the loud Clock people that make up the overwhelming part of that "community backlash" you're talking about.

It’s not just Clock. It’s Haunted Mansion, it’s Back Room and also Johnsons. IE: the rest of the game.

Look at the replies/reactions in the related threads. Right or wrong, it is fairly easy to see that the rest of Orbis (outside of HW/Ro$e) are miffed by this treaty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

11 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

It’s not just Clock. It’s Haunted Mansion, it’s Back Room and also Johnsons. IE: the rest of the game.

Look at the replies/reactions in the related threads. Right or wrong, it is fairly easy to see that the rest of Orbis (outside of HW/Ro$e) are miffed by this treaty.

I've seen those. It's what I based my comment off of.

It's disingenuous to pretend that a simple dislike is equal to lengthy WoT's and some guy dropping one log on his treatise, in terms of investment with regards to the dissent. It doesn't hold water even numerically; Clock represents a disproportionate amount of the public disagreement.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Zevari said:

How can you in one sentence praise this treaty as "fluid politics of minispheres" then call it "anti-minisphere" in the next? You need to make up your mind man, is this treaty (and Mystery-Oasis as extension) a dynamic part of mini-spheres or are they both counterproductive and damaging to the concept? 

I mean personally by looking at the recent events and the history certain alliances have, the consolidation of spheres isn't going to happen because of a treaty that prevents chaining wars. Because at the end of the day, said treaty only works in an environment where mini-spheres exist.

These just aren't mutually exclusive. I don't have to make up my mind about anything. Blocs forming MDPs with each other is something that can only occur within a multisphere world - which is more free - while also being bad for the game.

4 minutes ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

I've seen those. It's what I based my comment off of.

It's disingenuous to pretend that a simple dislike is equal to lengthy WoT's and some guy dropping one log on his treatise, in terms of investment with regards to the dissent. It doesn't hold water even numerically; Clock represents a disproportionate amount of the public disagreement.

I'm sorry that any political opposition more fierce than a forum downvote is a existential threat to The Syndicate. You have my condolences. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

12 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Huh?  Are you forgetting that they also gave it a shot with Chaos?  Completely severing all ties they had previously with other alliances in order to do that?

I think Thalmor sums it up perfectly, but yeah, I'm only speaking on my time playing the game, basically post NPOLT. I wasn't here back then, so I don't have a complete picture of things. 

4 minutes ago, Vein said:

When you easily surpassed the most downvoted forum post which was NPOLT there is clearly something wrong. And no, it's not only Clock, but rather the whole game other than Celestial + HW who formed the MDP, surprise surprise.

You're free to read my response to Kev as being a response to this, since both of you make the same point.

You're the most vocal because you're the one relatively most affected by it (by virtue of the chaining being blocked and you sitting max milled while Cele/HW are partial mil). Other parties are less so if not at all, hence the discrepancy in the response. It's got nothing to do with game health as folk in your camp have pushed, but simply bottom lines. It really doesn't go further than that.

12 hours ago, Thalmor said:

That was over four years ago.

Four years ago we were fighting you in DDR. Chaos formed on April Fools, 2019. I know it's not the point of your argument but when you're referencing an event that happened 3 years ago as happening 4 years ago and then saying it was nearly half a decade ago, I thought the timeline should be corrected lol.

Edited by Adrienne

BrOQBND.jpg

Also lol at people using downvotes alone as substantial evidence of much of anything, especially when I'm pretty sure @BigMorf was more or less campaigning for downvotes at one point.................

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

39 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

Four years ago we were fighting you in DDR. Chaos formed on April Fools, 2019. I know it's not the point of your argument but when you're referencing an event that happened 3 years ago as happening 4 years ago and then saying it was nearly half a decade ago, I thought the timeline should be corrected lol.

You're completely right. I made my first post at six in the morning when I was dead tired, and got my timeline all messed up. It was three years, not four. Thanks for setting the record straight on that.

22 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

Also lol at people using downvotes alone as substantial evidence of much of anything, especially when I'm pretty sure @BigMorf was more or less campaigning for downvotes at one point.................

There is no arguing that everyone in the game outside of Celestial and Hollywood is unhappy with this move (even people in your own bloc have voiced displeasure). Downvotes is one measure, but there's also plenty of discussion on public Discords (DNN, RON, Thalmoria, VGM) of people expressing their frustration from all over the game. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

55 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

I will let OWR know that my heavily downvoted posts in their goodbye thread actually mean that they appreciate me and my contribution to them. Very funny to see people pretend this is not an unpopular treaty, but when you realize this is The Knights Radiant, most honorable alliance in Orbis, then you understand. Also a tried and true tactic when you say something so unfathomably unpopular the best course is to own it and then downplay it; which is what Morf correctly did. Now here is TKR on cue to do damage control, seems to me like that is all you do these days Adrienne.

Where is Roberts? Shouldn't he be here getting upset about all these retired leaders in this thread? The absolute hypocrisy coming out of TKR these days is truly a sight to behold. Where is the TKR from 3 years ago?

Edited by Mayor
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

You're completely right. I made my first post at six in the morning when I was dead tired, and got my timeline all messed up. It was three years, not four. Thanks for setting the record straight on that.

I get being tired, all good.

31 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

There is no arguing that everyone in the game outside of Celestial and Hollywood is unhappy with this move (even people in your own bloc have voiced displeasure). Downvotes is one measure, but there's also plenty of discussion on public Discords (DNN, RON, Thalmoria, VGM) of people expressing their frustration from all over the game. 

I'm not doubting that a decent number of folks are upset but I do think it's hubristic to claim that absolutely everyone besides Hollywood/Celestial is upset and/or cares all that much. I do also find it amusing when arguments like "it's the most downvoted post ever" and "it's a less popular decision than NPO starting NPOLT" are used to imply it's the most egregious action to ever occur in the history of PnW because 1) it's just a fact that it is not even close and I find it incredible how short people's memories are if they think it is and 2) it fails to take into consideration a number of factors like who's downvoting, why those people are downvoting (cause, as I've said, it's not all because of dislike) and, far more importantly, the massive increase in the PnW population since NPOLT. Raw numbers mean little.

More generally speaking, I think y'all need to step back and take a chill pill because this "horrible, ill-advised, bad precedent" will cease to exist as soon as your war does and then you'll see for yourselves it's not the end of the world. I can understand being upset but you guys have 100% blown this out of proportion. Makes for an entertaining forums experience though, so props for that. 

Edited by Adrienne
Typo >.<
  • Upvote 6

BrOQBND.jpg

Is forum activity directly proportional to the value of one's opinion? I could attempt to encourage more BR people at least for my part into posting lengthy posts, but there's not only a power dynamics issue, but legacy, and simple apathy.

And I for one encourage it. I hate these political spheres we have and backroom politics. Hopefully everyone starts wearing their red & blue ribbons and we can all yell at the other team on the forums while signing our Declaration of Neutrality.

I for one trust Quack in this thread.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Thalmor said:

TKR's actions nearly half a decade ago is overshadowed by their moves against minispheres in more recent times. Those moves being the formation of Hollywood and this treaty. 

If a Pastor went on a mission trip, to then come back home to stop preaching, deal drugs, and commit armed robbery, does his old mission trip mean he's still a man of God? No, it doesn't. 

The mission trip was a good thing, sure; as was the formation of Chaos. But I just don't think the past is validating present bad acts. 

And to say that "The whole damn community is against the idea" is completely arrogant. You're not blind. This thread is 14 pages long because there is massive community backlash to this move. I shouldn't have to explain that the leaders and FA heads of t$, Rose, and TKR aren't the whole community. There are half a dozen distinct spheres because the broader community - and political decision makers who weld some kind of power - want and have wanted decentralized, freer politics. Right now, the only people who are acting like they're against multispheres are Celestial and Hollywood- who might have bigger nations on average but are still in the minority of active players. 

Multispheres =/= multipolarity. 

Untitled.png

7 hours ago, Vein said:

image.png.f358522df00d2b987381ed8b74ce63d2.png14.png

You know something is wrong when both me and horsecock agree on something for once. 

10.png

When you easily surpassed the most downvoted forum post which was NPOLT there is clearly something wrong. And no, it's not only Clock, but rather the whole game other than Celestial + HW who formed the MDP, surprise surprise.

I fully support this treaty and believe it's an excellent idea and I still downvoted Morf. Everybody was doing it I just wanted to be popular.

Don't take forum reactions as gospel.

Edited by Bucca of the Marish
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thalmor said:

These just aren't mutually exclusive. I don't have to make up my mind about anything. Blocs forming MDPs with each other is something that can only occur within a multisphere world - which is more free - while also being bad for the game.

This is where I believe you and many others to be wrong. This treaty takes advantage of every aspect of a multisphere world, creates new situations (both politically and militarily) and prevents what I would argue is a far more boring option of twiddling our thumbs fully militarised waiting for clock to finish the war. The mere fact this thread has reached 14 pages long and record number of dislikes is a testimony of its entertainment value. I would put money on a DOW from HW or Celestial getting half the posts here (and even then about 3 pages would be due to CB complaints)

By condemning politics that don't lead to war you are basically strangling any unique creative freedom, plus stuff like this provides new CB options for alliances like Blocc to use on either Celestial/HW in the future (or to even jump on both when they are fighting each other).

Tldr: Anything that's unique is going to be 100x better than the same bullshit people pull every war, it refreshes the diplomatic scene and creates more interesting dialogue. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bucca of the Marish said:

I fully support this treaty and believe it's an excellent idea and I still downvoted Morf. Everybody was doing it I just wanted to be popular.

Shill more for TKR why don't you? But I guess it is opposite day. Woo! -135 downvotes is really +135 upvotes! What a popular guy Morf is! Wait... we can't take upvotes seriously either?

How about we go by the massive amount of public discontent? Literally nearly 15 pages in and people are still trying to pretend this is a popular treaty or something. Downvotes are a good way of showing disapproval of what someone says, just go and ask literally anyone who posted in the OWR leaving thread. Just because your alliances organizes an effort to all downvote Morf so you can delegitimatize concerns of others does not mean that those concerns are imaginary.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Shill more for TKR why don't you? But I guess it is opposite day. Woo! -135 downvotes is really +135 upvotes! What a popular guy Morf is! Wait... we can't take upvotes seriously either?

How about we go by the massive amount of public discontent? Literally nearly 15 pages in and people are still trying to pretend this is a popular treaty or something. Downvotes are a good way of showing disapproval of what someone says, just go and ask literally anyone who posted in the OWR leaving thread. Just because your alliances organizes an effort to all downvote Morf so you can delegitimatize concerns of others does not mean that those concerns are imaginary.

No one's saying that, quit being ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

3 hours ago, Bucca of the Marish said:

Yes, I see you downvoted him 3 hours ago…after this new narrative that the downvotes are actually upvotes. I also see you posted 3 hours ago about how downvotes are upvotes….

@Adrienne I get trying to own the downvote thing as a meme and spinning it into a positive to save face, but to double down on it seems a little weak.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

8 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

Yes, I see you downvoted him 3 hours ago…after this new narrative that the downvotes are actually upvotes. I also see you posted 3 hours ago about how downvotes are upvotes….

@Adrienne I get trying to own the downvote thing as a meme and spinning it into a positive to save face, but to double down on it seems a little weak.

I made a comment about how not all of them were made in protest and poked fun at Morf a bit. No one said downvotes are upvotes or is pretending this agreement is super popular. If that's your guys' attempt at spinning my statements, you can do better. You should go reread the rest of what I actually said and quit hanging out Mayor so much.

BrOQBND.jpg