Peace in our Time

BigMorf

9 hours ago, Agent W said:

I wonder what happened immediately after that war that may have caused this.

Reflect on your actions before you ask me to.

I would've accepted this if it was Clock with HoF who may have had somewhat of a chance from drawing a white peace at most from Celestial. Even with blitz advantage the tide would likely turn against them eventually. Not an insult to Clock, but numbers eventually win. 

8 hours ago, Grave said:

The only way that statement holds, even theoretically is if there is already concrete, set up plans for clock and BR to team up on either HW or celestial while  they are demilitarized . Is that what your saying right now?

Yes, two spheres at war with each other are also planning a war together. They caught us. Foiled. We were shaving each others infra to chain together. It was all an act!

7 hours ago, WarriorSoul said:

how dare you take steps to protect against a thing that we very notoriously did six months ago

Its really the fact that even if they did do it the tide would probably eventually turn against them. You both have the size advantage alone. And now you joined together to stop anything from possibly touching you. Shoot at least MysOasis was touchable and made in action to a foe that actually has superiority over us. Not that I supported it then either. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Arln said:

ts really the fact that even if they did do it the tide would probably eventually turn against them. You both have the size advantage alone. And now you joined together to stop anything from possibly touching you. Shoot at least MysOasis was touchable and made in action to a foe that actually has superiority over us. Not that I supported it then either. 

Perhaps none of us want to waste out time, effort, money and resources with your sorry asses right now? Did you ever think of that?

I know thinking is not you peoples strong suit but you really should try it sometime.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

Its a temporary treaty designed to counter the chance of a pointless war that both blocs deemed unnecessary. An unusual agreement, unique in terms of the history of global politics. 

If anything though, this is more in line with the desire to have actual, meaningful wars. Why should we scrap just because we are militarised? 

This protects the current global from being disrupted by one of the bigger blocs looking to get an easy advantage. 

Admittedly it does also prevent some potential underhanded plays from either backroom or clock, which would be fair game for all of this outrage if it was a trend. As it stands, this looks relatively one off. 

The unpopularity of this is understandable but its not exactly setting off the doomsday clock is it?

• Like 1

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

Still not sure how *more* high infra targets, deters low infra chaining.

This treaty doesn’t force anyone to not chain, or to play by HW or ro$e’s rules. This is like fully slotting a low infra pirate and thinking you “win” because of a victory screen at the end. Sort of makes sense given that I’m under the impression that TKR practices that exact same thing.

I truly think if chaining is a concern, that adding more people with high infra to lose is the exact opposite of a deterrent lol. I don’t know which genius thought this up, but next time, please think about the math beforehand

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Thalmor said:

Just in this thread, you have Insert Name Here and Indger. Hodor and Buorhann also seem to have some skepticism over it. I'll admit that these 4 are all Hollywood people, and that I don't have anyone from Celestial to point you to, but I stand by my original statement that the irritation is across the community.

Indeger and INH I will concede, however those are merely two names in a wide range of alliance opinions. They're entitled to their thoughts, even though I think such opinions are ill-thoughtout. I'm going to refer you to Bourhann's post directly above me right here. (Link, if anyone conveniently wants to skip over that part.)

I disagree with the thought of 'pixel hugging'. I think we've more than proven we can take a beating to our precious infra.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tartarus said:

Indeger and INH I will concede, however those are merely two names in a wide range of alliance opinions. They're entitled to their thoughts, even though I think such opinions are ill-thoughtout. I'm going to refer you to Bourhann's post directly above me right here. (Link, if anyone conveniently wants to skip over that part.)

I disagree with the thought of 'pixel hugging'. I think we've more than proven we can take a beating to our precious infra.

I completely agree with and Bourhann and what he says, it did spoil someone's plan, but i am still not a fan of this move. 

He also says he would go directly for war instead of doing this btw, and this was unexpected seeing the pixel burning nature of some aa's here, that's why the pixelhugging thing came up ;)

Buorhann Indger
He's skeptical regards to point 3 I am too
Agrees that by Considering the reactions, he says some plans were spoilt I agree
Voices a personal opinion

I agree with it

For those who think i am self contradicting 👆

Edited by Indger
  • Upvote 2

image.png.4824d77377c05ab0639aa7b3275e3aea.png

I can confirm that before this temporary agreement we members of HW were not exactly quivering in our boots at the thought of being attacked by either (or both) Clock and BR.  If you think we in HW are pixel huggers you are a noob or an idiot.

Having yet to receive an invitation to the decision making channels of our sphere, I can only surmise that we (and presumably Celestial) would rather pursue our own goals on our own terms without being drawn into Clock and BR’s little drama.  It is funny to me how such a time limited and trivial clause (trivial if everyone is being honest that is) has caused such a fuss.

We all know there is little love lost between our spheres, but it seems we are of similar minds when people try to call the shots for us.  People sure seem to moan about how bad or boring politics is when it doesn’t go their way.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Celer Et Audax

4 hours ago, alyster said:

You mean every time you've gone to a global war? 

1.......... Damn either I am bad at counting or it only happened once

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Indger said:

I completely agree with and Bourhann and what he says, it did spoil someone's plan, but i am still not a fan of this move. 

He also says he would go directly for war instead of doing this btw, and this was unexpected seeing the pixel burning nature of some aa's here, that's why the pixelhugging thing came up ;)

You can't completely agree with what he said, and yet be in opposition of this temporary measure. That's just paradoxical.

I know he said he would go to war if it was his choice. I was instead referring to you quoting a post prior in this thread, not sure what the latter tangent you're talking about refers to.

6 hours ago, alyster said:

I am surprised by the ammount of butthurt here. For starters lets get to a point that this is not a secret treaty. Majority of the people crying over this here are from alliances who have had similar agreements left and right. No one just has posted them publicly. 

Secondly. Why does Clock think they get to keep doing double wars. Roll the Back Door, don’t rebuy infra and roll either Rose or HW while it’s cheap. Seems kinda boring.

So every time Clock does a war and they don’t declare on you, then that gives you a pass to do a “temporary bloc-to-bloc MDP”? 

• Upvote 5

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

1 minute ago, Kevanovia said:

So every time Clock does a war and they don’t declare on you, then that gives you a pass to do a “temporary bloc-to-bloc MDP”? 

After the ammount of similar secret treaties you signed in CoL, it's hilarious you poke fun at this one being public. 

Edited by alyster
  • Upvote 1

Just now, alyster said:

After the ammount of similar secret treaties you signed in CoL, it's hilarious you poke fun at this one being public. 

Yes, a treaty to defend each other and demil has happened so many times.

I guess just talking utter nonsense is where your side is at.

• Upvote 4

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

7 hours ago, Charles Bolivar said:

So basically you don't like the idea that we didn't perform an action which if we had performed would have suited and benefitted your own self-interest.

Man, who knew my comment would bend so many of you so out of shape lmfao. Over here assuming I have an agenda or an ulterior motive. Laughable, really. I genuinely just thought it would be an entertaining war to watch. End of story. The fact that y'all are so paranoid otherwise is what makes this even better.

• Upvote 2

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

1 minute ago, Keegoz said:

Yes, a treaty to defend each other and demil has happened so many times.

I guess just talking utter nonsense is where your side is at.

Rather like "No matter who Quack declares war at, everyone will counter" Which is very strict MDP bloc wide. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, alyster said:

Why does Clock think they get to keep doing double wars. Roll the Back Door, don’t rebuy infra and roll either Rose or HW while it’s cheap.

The funny part is... we literally weren't going to! 😆

• Thanks 2

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

Just now, Jacob Knox said:

The funny part is... we literally weren't going to! 😆

But you see we could have had and that makes them very very scared so this was there next logical step. As obviously war is boring and just sitting and farming is fun.

• Thanks 2

Why are you reading this.