Peace in our Time

BigMorf

2 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

Being an HW member I'm the 1st to say there's a foul stench of pixel huggery coming from this.

Same here, 100% agreed.

2 hours ago, JadenStar10 said:

Wall of Shame

I still hold the same views that i had in past and outlined in my post. No Change.

• Like 3

image.png.4824d77377c05ab0639aa7b3275e3aea.png

27 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

*Their

Oh no! You've smited my entire post and eloquently countered each point by identifying a singular grammatical error that composes approximately 0.5% of its wordage. What ever will I do?

If I wanted my post to be judged based on grammar, spelling, and other mechanics instead of substance I would submit it to a professor in my college's English department and request that specific feedback.

• Haha 6

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

Greetings!

Aurora's [not so] friendly attack-dog here.  This type of consolidation makes the game stagnate and almost removes "war" from "politics & war", unless we're talking about frivolous raids and extremely minor skirmishes.  While I do find it most interesting that the 3 top alliances were able to create a massive sphere, I think it is almost inevitable that at its current state, it will be extremely detrimental to the game.  I play this game every single day, even in peace time—let me tell you, it gets very boring at times. Sure, it's nice to build up your nation and press ever-onwards in the global city-building race but unless you are actively trading & retrading resources for profit, it's extremely uninteractive.  This is one of the main reasons that people just flat-out stop playing the game. 

That said, there is a solution to this predicament that I was earlier discussing with ToxicPepper but it was initially said in complete sarcasm and jest.  Unfortunately, with this going through, it's looking more and more like a possible reality.  

****REDACTED****

This was just a passing thought—but when spheres are made so ridiculously large that challenging them militarily is pure foolishness.  As it currently stands with this alliance of giants, outside of the proposed "solution" above, the next best "hope" is that people in the Discord of the megasphere start internal conflict by accident.  That does not at all seem healthy for the game.

"Congrats" on finding a peace that stymies the pace & growth of the entire server itself.

Long live Aurora,

Signed,

Alexander the Great

Edited by Alexander the Great
redactions
  • Like 6
  • Downvote 4

30 minutes ago, Alexander the Great said:

Greetings!

Aurora's [not so] friendly attack-dog here.  This type of consolidation makes the game stagnate and almost removes "war" from "politics & war", unless we're talking about frivolous raids and extremely minor skirmishes.  While I do find it most interesting that the 3 top alliances were able to create a massive sphere, I think it is almost inevitable that at its current state, it will be extremely detrimental to the game.  I play this game every single day, even in peace time—let me tell you, it gets very boring at times. Sure, it's nice to build up your nation and press ever-onwards in the global city-building race but unless you are actively trading & retrading resources for profit, it's extremely uninteractive.  This is one of the main reasons that people just flat-out stop playing the game. 

That said, there is a solution to this predicament that I was earlier discussing with ToxicPepper but it was initially said in complete sarcasm and jest.  Unfortunately, with this going through, it's looking more and more like a possible reality.  

****REDACTED****

This was just a passing thought—but when spheres are made so ridiculously large that challenging them militarily is pure foolishness.  As it currently stands with this alliance of giants, outside of the proposed "solution" above, the next best "hope" is that people in the Discord of the megasphere start internal conflict by accident.  That does not at all seem healthy for the game.

"Congrats" on finding a peace that stymies the pace & growth of the entire server itself.

Long live Aurora,

Signed,

Alexander the Great

Ooooh Aurora. Oooh. Scarrryyyyyy.

Bark bark

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

CItizens of Orbis,

I step from crevices of the Syndicate retirement today with a clear message. 

Kiss my fricking butt.

Did you read that or skim it? Skimmed it? Read it again friend. Okay, here goes.

When The Syndicate did what you bloody cats did not dare and formed the frontline against grumpys upper tier consolidation, you moaned and cried "Parti bad! Syndi hegemon!", forming a gamewide MDP. I did not hold it against you. Okay that's a lie. I bloody did hold it against you because it was the sort of politically wussed out behavior ive now come to expect from you. You formed a gamewide coalition and took down the big bad quack. Alright.

When tS downsized itself to accommodate your tunnel vision-inducing flawed ideology of !@#$ed minispheres that alternate in boinking one another without purpose or path, you immediately jumped on the opportunity to... consolidate GOB further and also sought more ways to boink t$ (in my absence, no less!).

Okay, fair dinkum. So after a prolonged period of t$ atempting to join your multiverse fiasco, t$ upgraded a bit to match !@#$ and HW. Boy did we hear it. God himself must've bought earplugs to withstand the orchestra of your wailing sorrow. How dare hegemon t$ have allies! They must remain cordoned off so you can safely dabble about in your idiocy and roll them when its their turn!

So now t$ is faced with a choice. For the twenty-fifth time in Orbis history, it can form Orbis' unsupported frontline against grumpy's whale shit, incurring significant losses while the cuck brigade spits at it from the back, only to be rolled the next war. Or it can set upon a different path, breaking an age-old rivalry and shrugging off the selfserving expectations of politicians who are barely lettered enough to read the first three sentences of this pamflet.

The Syndicate is done with your bullshit. It will not pander, nor conform to your faux, hypocrite outrage. We stand here with our friends @Sweeeeet Ronny D and @Adrienne to jointly give you the finger. Go find your own entertainment. Sod off. Outta here. Continue with the backroom dogpile. Continue pretending you're doing a dynamic war, rather than choosing the wussy way out of rolling a defenseless party in hopes your actual rivals slit one anothers throat. Go on acting tough, yelling at clouds. I will sit here and not have to log in as I have. Ronny will continue to amass whales and hoard pixels. Adrienne will continue to look fabulous while her successor bungles TKR's dignity.

Up yours.

There is only one solution. UPN must rise again to help tame this menace to Orbis known as tS.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Emmad said:

There is only one solution. UPN must rise again to help tame this menace to Orbis known as tS.

Did you just threaten my snek, friend?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the syndicate , one alliance under snek....

1 hour ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

To continue being blunt, there's simply no reason for us to fight.

Yeah, I know. And that's why I'm not particularly mad that you two aren't fighting or anything. Just thought it would be interesting tbh (previous fights between member alliances of both aside).

I said nothing about Clock and BR teaming up to fight either one of us, I dunno where you got that idea.

Not going to lie, I probably got that from mentally mixing up someone else's post with part of yours.

when the majority of the outrage seems SOLELY focused on article 3, the article that says both will defend each other if they are attacked, and people don't seem particularly upset about both de-milling and saying they aren't going to fight, it sorta leads you in a certain direction

I can mostly agree on this, honestly. It does create a certain look. But it's still kind of wishy washy.

And thank you for actually providing thorough, thoughtful feedback/counter arguments. I appreciate genuine discourse more than anything here.

• Upvote 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

2 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

The answer is yes. I wanted to see Celestial and Hollywood duke it out. I don't care if it was at the same time as us or what, but I wanted to see it. This just shows that they're unwilling (which they even said, of course). .

So basically you don't like the idea that we didn't perform an action which if we had performed would have suited and benefitted your own self-interest.

Edited by Charles Bolivar

Untitled.png

3 hours ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

I don't imagine this will be a very popular post from me, but I'm not exactly here to be popular, so I'm not particularly bothered by that.

Far be it from me to tell people what they can and cannot feel, that is their right as people. If you love this announcement, great, good, I'm happy for you. If you nature this post, ok, cool, that's your prerogative.

I will say though, the response does amuse me to an extent. The only reason people would be upset about this is the fact that it gets in the way of their plans, one way or another. I don't know if Clock or Backroom wanted Celestials and Hollywood to fight while THEY fought. I don't know if Backroom is upset because they wanted Celestials or Hollywood to join the war to defend them, or something.

The biggest thing though, at least from what I have seen, that people are upset about is article 3, and I have to point out, There was no reason to be upset about that, unless you wanted to attack one bloc or the other. It is not a mutually offensive pact, it doesn't link the two spheres to both attack someone, it's not like this is some hegemonic obsessive force. It's simply says both spheres do not want to fight, and respect the other's desire not to fight, and will defend them if someone attacks them. That is all it says, and that doesn't matter unless you want it to attack one or the other. If you didn't want to attack One of the two spheres, them agreeing to defend each other if one is attacked, doing a very temporary period of time has zero impact on you. It's as plain and simple as that. 

"I am upset because this means I can not attack one sphere without the interference and defense of the other." is what 95% of people being upset here is, unless you want to make the argument that this sets a bad and dangerous precedent, and in which case, that's entirely dumb for a different reason that we can discuss at a later point in time.

nobody is upset, tbh, we just think it's hilarious.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

1 minute ago, Prefonteen said:

Your alliance's existence is.

the entire game is tbh.  but this panicc agreement is just super silly.  like anyone wanted to suicide into you off of this war.

well, i guess, if your main ally is rose, you have something to be worried about.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

4 hours ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

I don't imagine this will be a very popular post from me, but I'm not exactly here to be popular, so I'm not particularly bothered by that.

Far be it from me to tell people what they can and cannot feel, that is their right as people. If you love this announcement, great, good, I'm happy for you. If you nature this post, ok, cool, that's your prerogative.

I will say though, the response does amuse me to an extent. The only reason people would be upset about this is the fact that it gets in the way of their plans, one way or another. I don't know if Clock or Backroom wanted Celestials and Hollywood to fight while THEY fought. I don't know if Backroom is upset because they wanted Celestials or Hollywood to join the war to defend them, or something.

The biggest thing though, at least from what I have seen, that people are upset about is article 3, and I have to point out, There was no reason to be upset about that, unless you wanted to attack one bloc or the other. It is not a mutually offensive pact, it doesn't link the two spheres to both attack someone, it's not like this is some hegemonic obsessive force. It's simply says both spheres do not want to fight, and respect the other's desire not to fight, and will defend them if someone attacks them. That is all it says, and that doesn't matter unless you want it to attack one or the other. If you didn't want to attack One of the two spheres, them agreeing to defend each other if one is attacked, doing a very temporary period of time has zero impact on you. It's as plain and simple as that. 

"I am upset because this means I can not attack one sphere without the interference and defense of the other." is what 95% of people being upset here is, unless you want to make the argument that this sets a bad and dangerous precedent, and in which case, that's entirely dumb for a different reason that we can discuss at a later point in time.

The issue that I (and most of Aurora & friends) have seen, is game stagnation.  If everyone took this approach to spheres, there would virtually never be a GW—if this was in real life, that'd be wonderful—But this. Is not. Real life. This is a game. That exists. For war too. Not just politics.  If you think that it doesn't, then you are playing the wrong game.  It's not called "Politics & Diplomacy".  All of you people thinking that everyone who disagrees with your decision wants to randomly attack your precious pixels are delusional and paranoid in the highest, most extreme degree.  Whenever your best "arguments" against the main problem with the pact are simply personal attacks and insults, you show that you are not even capable of reasoning.

Edited by Alexander the Great
sp&g
  • Like 5
  • Downvote 3