Peace in our Time

BigMorf

Honestly don’t have an issue with this. A war just reinforces bi-polarity. Maybe this opens up enough dialog to shake things up diplomatically 

The game’s meta always benefits more from more multi-polarity 

• Like 1

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

4 minutes ago, Lord of Puns said:

Guys someone contact ONN, we’ve got a guy here that disagrees with his leadership! 

Mostly I am worried for Ockey because he's probably being held hostage somewhere, as I find it really weird he'd agree to this but oh well.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Grave said:

The only way that statement holds, even theoretically is if there is already concrete, set up plans for clock and BR to team up on either HW or celestial while  they are demilitarized . Is that what your saying right now?

Can't go past that TI has involved themselves in two mega-treaties

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Leftbehind said:

Maybe you don't get it or maybe you are trying to get that glorious moment where you can flex your vastly superior intelligence upon us wayward fools. Hell, maybe you are a troll sacrificing his intelligence in order to get a what you view as a rise out of me. I simply do not know but the one thing I do know, is that if HW put more effort into FA than we wouldn't get this FA killing treaty. 

Imagine being so scared of Clock that you need to sign skytrash. I expected this from them but not HW. 

Damn, I guess I don't understand FA at all than. I was under the assumption that creating dialogue between two major spheres (ones that are rivals at that) and creating a rather unique treaty that fully takes advantage of the multi-sphere based politics is horrible FA. 

I guess next time everyone should just sit 100% milled and twiddle their thumbs waiting for backrooms and clock to finish their war and de-mil. That is clearly so much better FA and much more engaging for the community.

• Upvote 5

The cheap stats shop is closed!  We’re doing you all a favour really by giving you the opportunity to earn the stripes you so desperately desire.

Celer Et Audax

1 minute ago, Leftbehind said:

People tend to forget that an FA's job is to create situations that will either benefit them now or later. Sometimes, it involves leaps of faith not safety nets. 

I love how this one sentence is best applied to you of all people....

What could possibly be the short or long term benefit of creating a situation where a sphere can demilitarize and raise their income? 

1 hour ago, Gaius Julius Caesar said:

I don't imagine this will be a very popular post from me, but I'm not exactly here to be popular, so I'm not particularly bothered by that.

Far be it from me to tell people what they can and cannot feel, that is their right as people. If you love this announcement, great, good, I'm happy for you. If you nature this post, ok, cool, that's your prerogative.

I will say though, the response does amuse me to an extent. The only reason people would be upset about this is the fact that it gets in the way of their plans, one way or another. I don't know if Clock or Backroom wanted Celestials and Hollywood to fight while THEY fought. I don't know if Backroom is upset because they wanted Celestials or Hollywood to join the war to defend them, or something.

The biggest thing though, at least from what I have seen, that people are upset about is article 3, and I have to point out, There was no reason to be upset about that, unless you wanted to attack one bloc or the other. It is not a mutually offensive pact, it doesn't link the two spheres to both attack someone, it's not like this is some hegemonic obsessive force. It's simply says both spheres do not want to fight, and respect the other's desire not to fight, and will defend them if someone attacks them. That is all it says, and that doesn't matter unless you want it to attack one or the other. If you didn't want to attack One of the two spheres, them agreeing to defend each other if one is attacked, doing a very temporary period of time has zero impact on you. It's as plain and simple as that. 

"I am upset because this means I can not attack one sphere without the interference and defense of the other." is what 95% of people being upset here is, unless you want to make the argument that this sets a bad and dangerous precedent, and in which case, that's entirely dumb for a different reason that we can discuss at a later point in time.

This does set a bad precedent. Your argument is "well..it's not bad if there is nothing to worry about" - then why not do it every war? Then it effectively becomes acceptable for blocs to have MDP's with one another going forward in every single war when they aren't the first ones attacked. 

• Upvote 5

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

3 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

This does set a bad precedent. Your argument is "well..it's not bad if there is nothing to worry about" - then why not do it every war? Then it effectively becomes acceptable for blocs to have MDP's with one another going forward in every single war when they aren't the first ones attacked. 

I think there's enough recent irksome history between the various member alliances of Celestial and HW to discount any suggestion of an established MDP.  Anyway it is quite clearly a time limited arrangement for a specific and articulated purpose, that provides some clarity in what has otherwise been a very foggy situation of late.  Really you all seem to be just raging because you can, not because you should.

Celer Et Audax

1 minute ago, Etat said:

I think there's enough recent irksome history between the various member alliances of Celestial and HW to discount any suggestion of an established MDP.  Anyway it is quite clearly a time limited arrangement for a specific and articulated purpose, that provides some clarity in what has otherwise been a very foggy situation of late.  Really you all seem to be just raging because you can, not because you should.

^This is a non-answer. You didn't dispute the point made, which is that this sets a precedent of doing these "temporary" MDPs going forward. The same such agreement that all of Orbis (your bloc included) was against when MINC and Oasis did it.

Side note: It is quite refreshing to be having actual debate on the forums again. 🍻 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

17 minutes ago, Zevari said:

I love how this one sentence is best applied to you of all people....

What could possibly be the short or long term benefit of creating a situation where a sphere can demilitarize and raise their income? 

Once Pablo demilitarizes, he can be blitzed and lose his infra investment.

2 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

^This is a non-answer. You didn't dispute the point made, which is that this sets a precedent of doing these "temporary" MDPs going forward. The same such agreement that all of Orbis (your bloc included) was against when MINC and Oasis did it.

Side note: It is quite refreshing to be having actual debate on the forums again. 🍻 

Liked because of your side note :)

Would it not be then that MInc and Oasis set the precedent??  I think at least we've been honest and transparent about the situation.  I do not recall the same previously.

You might see this as a genuine political move to protect against more of the same purposeless and sleep inducing bs underpinning many of the more recent global wars.

Celer Et Audax