What makes a war a global war?

Changeup

Poll on what is/isn't a global  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you consider significant to if a war is a global or not?

• Long-Term Political Impact
    • Amount of Large Alliances Involved
    • Radiation
    • Duration/Damage
    • Percent of Playerbase Involved
    • Amount of spheres involved
  2. 2. Is any conflict involving two (or more) of the six large spheres a global?

• Yes
    • No

On 6/3/2022 at 11:44 PM, Dorian Grey said:

In my opinion "Global" should be used less frequetly rather than more, it should be an elite title used in special occasions, such as when literally most of the game is involved and the political impact is NOT negligible. We can label other big wars as major wars, since they still are quite big, but not as big or impactful.

There should be three labels for a war, either global, major or minor conflict.

Using your definition, would you label a HM vs Jhonsons war global? When literally no bloc militarised? What about the Brethren Court vs CamSphere(Sol-Fso + allies vs cam+protectorates) they are technically two blocs, would you say it was a global?

With your two examples possibly not.  The fact that I didn’t notice while being in a sphere not involved probably means they don’t qualify per the criteria I’ve suggested.  Though tbh my personally awareness would hardly be a good yardstick in this context.

• Upvote 1

Celer Et Audax