Retired Leaders are killing the game

Raphael

6 minutes ago, Denison said:

Or just base your gov on Meritocracy instead of personal feelings. Problem is a lot of alliances don't have the people willing to do the jobs, such as MA or IA, and former leaders or retirees are forced into these roles to keep their alliance afloat. This doesn't help anyone in terms of development of their alliance and only forces them back into roles that they had long since wanted to part ways with. However I am not sure telling people to stay retired is a complete solution to the source of the problem. Obviously you have people like Nokia who return every other month that they quit the game but have you ever thought of the reasons for why? When TCM was a thing he often was forced to return for the same reasons I stated above. But does that mean that an alliance should not exist if it can't live without retired gov? That is for the people of these alliances to decide. "Democracy" may be the solution to irl problems, but in game, not so much. It's inefficient in the game and often the best Meritocracy will out perform the best Democracy. There are not many alliances in the game where Democracy is the best idea because they do not have enough people in the alliance to make it work. I know this is not directly correlated to the game but bare with me, "For the first time, Pew Research asked a question about who seeks out these offices and found that about 2% of Americans say they have ever run for federal, local, or state elected office." Now if you're willing to be so courteous, extrapolate that to a game or an alliance and you'll understand. Burnout is real and I have burned out several times playing this game and many times have had to will myself through it for the betterment of my alliance and the people I care for. I understand my post may not be answering all of the things you stated or may have gone off on some weird tangent, but try to look at it from their point of view. Obviously there will be those bad few and those exceptions(Adrienne). 

To clarify, I'm more talking about the 1st or 2nd in commands or FA heads. The political people. Having literally anyone willing to step up and run a department with competence is a good thing - but FA itself isn't really a slog it's a sandbox. The problem is the retirees get in the sandbox and basically take a nap while yelling at anyone else being loud - forgetting they're on the playground not their bedroom.

• Haha 1

I didn’t peak in 2016, I’m still out here getting cuter.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

2 hours ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Are either of you even 30 yet? 😂

No... is mid 20s not old age?

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

22 hours ago, Mystic Piano said:

And that's why friends, democracy exists

simpsons-kent.gif

• Upvote 3

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

20 hours ago, Keegoz said:

No... is mid 20s not old age?

Nope. Gotta at least some grey on you first. 

I actually think the real test is how you feel about Bunnings. Once you become excited about going there to look at random stuff and ponder upon what projects you can do around the home, that's when you become officially old or at least middle aged.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Untitled.png

On 5/22/2022 at 8:46 AM, Kyubnyan said:

simpsons-kent.gif

this is comin from one of the top aa's high gov whom are harboring FSO under their wing whom wanted to see what they can do due their war performance in Castle Clash.

Also, it does depend on the type of democracy along how ppl are able to flex their abilities even hone them w/ minimal gov intervention unless aa standards are majorly comprised (including gaining knowledge & rss on ones own will instead of lettin another control that). Lettin ppl do as they please w/ minimally yet understandable restrictive regulation while giving high expectations will naturally make ppl  compete w/ each other on their own rather forcing it, making it more worthwhile for bonding together.

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

On 5/23/2022 at 8:10 AM, Charles Bolivar said:

Nope. Gotta at least some grey on you first. 

I actually think the real test is how you feel about Bunnings. Once you become excited about going there to look at random stuff and ponder upon what projects you can do around the home, that's when you become officially old or at least middle aged.

Old is when you stay contracted with Telstra so you have someone to argue with every month!  Gotta keep the heart pumping somehow

Celer Et Audax

Members are killing the game. By joining such anti-democratic crusaders like the Syndicate, these members are enabling their dictatorial behaviors.

TDLR: Members kill the game.

22 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

Members are killing the game. By joining such anti-democratic crusaders like the Syndicate, these members are enabling their dictatorial behaviors.

TDLR: Members kill the game.

😎