How to effectively create and manage an alliance

Ryker Wolf

1 hour ago, Ryker Wolf said:

I know that you know me for making stupid forum posts and being an idiot. But today I want you to tell me what are some tips about running an alliance. I know that you Ned big allies quick. But nothing more

Get a top 30 alliance protector, ask them via there discord server(privately), let them help you grow and become successful

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

Join a solid alliance to see how a community in Orbis is properly run.

This is, honestly, the best advice here. It's something you'll have to learn organically and slowly. 

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

I'd advise making these posts in Orbis Central, not alliance affairs. This is traditionally only for alliance announcements, such as DoEs, declarations of war, treaties, and merge announcements. Second, I agree with Kev, join an alliance similar to the alliance you want to create, learn how they do it, perhaps get some experience as gov/staff. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Peace in our time

1 hour ago, LunaHD16 said:

stay away from the fourms for 1, i know from experience cuz did the exact same thing your doing here

Thank you, for your advice. I'll probably delete or just remove my account and go out of the forums till I am better. See you in a couple months or more.

If you are asking how to make a successful alliance in the forums, then you shouldn't be running a alliance. It's best to join one of the top 20 alliances and learn from them for at least a year.

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

11 hours ago, SweetButPsycho said:

Merge into a top30 alliance.
Now you are in the one of the top.

No , a good advisor and , nuclear plants and good commence builds with other builds that help give profit

• Like 1

I mean firstly - as everyone has said, the things, the connections, and the experience you need are found in the established communities, so yeah, find, join, and dedicate yourself to one - you want to grow your knowledge of the game, integrate with the community, and gain experience in government.

Then, at some point considerably further than 'a few months' down the line, you may want to consider starting your own thing (and if you're actually in a position to consider it, you'd likely already know everything you need) - you'd want to get some of your friends in your tier (hopefully at least the 20's), and start planning things out. You'll need the founding group, certainly, and those founders will have to be able to get the ball rolling both economics and administration-wise - your group will be doing the heavy lifting for a considerable amount of time before your new members are able to do their part. At this point, you'd want to capitalize on the connections you have, preferably across multiple alliances to start building some semblance of a community - on top of securing a strong protectorate, hopefully one which is willing to help you wherever you may be lacking. With regards to economics and management starting off, it would be reasonable to prioritize selection, training, and raiding assistance for your new members - taking from the output of the founding group (and stunting your own growth where necessary) to present an effective and 'competitive' system of opportunities for growth. Definitely more that I haven't mentioned, since I've only looked at the process theoretically - do correct me if something is wrong or inaccurate.

But as a TLDR:
> find, join, and dedicate yourself to one - you want to grow your knowledge of the game, integrate with the community, and gain experience in government.
> if you're actually in a position to consider [starting an alliance], you'd likely already know everything you need

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

Join a solid alliance to see how a community in Orbis is properly run.

This here is the best advice I'd give someone and like thalmor said it's something you learn organically 

I do have some additional advice tho

To be an effective leader you should also find time If possible to speak with as many leaders of different departments to get a decent understanding of how many alliances run their departments and the general concept behind such

The second most important recommendation I can mention is aim for a self sustainable alliance that is capable of providing its own tools and resources 

• Upvote 1

yadda yadda its as easy as creating one buddy, all that stuff about 'departments' and other mumbo jumbo is just nerds roleplaying

id say just go for it and try to look cool while youre at it

• Upvote 3

Throw me to the wolves and I’ll return leading the pack.