Content Announcement: Smaller updated, larger update

Prefontaine

On 5/2/2022 at 5:58 PM, Prefontaine said:

For the bulk import feature, have the default be to all cities but give the option to select which cities to import to. Cities may have differing infra levels/improvement slots, especially during war, or people may want different builds for different cities - but still across multiple cities - so allowing them to choose which cities the import applies to would make things easier.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 4

On 5/2/2022 at 5:58 PM, Prefontaine said:

SOONER:

• New Project: Metropolitan Planning
    Requirement: City 21 or higher, Urban Planning, Advanced Urban Planning.
    Effect: Reduces City costs by $150,000,000 per city, stacks with UP and AUP.
    Cost: 
    Aluminum: 60,000
    Steel: 40,000
    Uranium: 30,000
    Lead: 15,000
    Iron: 15,000
    Bauxite: 15,000
    Oil: 10,000
    Coal: 10,000

I'm not against adding this.. but why is it currently cheaper/sameish price as AUP? Up the cost another 300-500M.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 11

image.png?ex=65f5acc8&is=65e337c8&hm=1606ce00348e48cf652f897b3bc05280d703dba4c8d18f7b009ab2ca44a5283b&

5 minutes ago, SleepingNinja said:

I'm not against adding this.. but why is it currently cheaper/sameish price as AUP? Up the cost another 300-500M.

AUP costs, with current market prices, about $550m. This would cost about $614m. (For reference.)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

19 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

Although this is nice and sweet; i don't think that this will structurally fix the issues that Naval has. 

That issue is that it has no place at all in the Global War meta, it will just make the cost of mismanaging ships and destroying infra cheaper. Which seems like a non solution.
Ships need a buff / mechanics change that will make them more useful and or more interesting to be used in meta war situations, during the early stages of the war.

Currently they are only good in three situations:
- Destroying loads and loads of infra if you have a lot of cities (this will be buffed quite a bit as ships are cheaper to use now). 
- Blockading (In the deciding stages of a global war this is very rarely useful).
- One shipping (this is only useful if your opponent is absolute shit).

Just to be clear: I am not opposed to this change (I don't really care much for it); i just don't think it's actually going to do a lot.

---

Those are the three comments I have; I think these changes are mostly very good and or interesting.

I wonder if something along the lines of allowing you to use Navies / Air Forces to support ground runs; like when you choose a ground run you can choose a support method (Armored, Naval, or Air) and each method has different strengths and weaknesses in combat giving a bit more depth to fighting a war.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jacob Knox said:

AUP costs, with current market prices, about $550m. This would cost about $614m. (For reference.)

That's exactly my point, it's supposed to be the next level up. There should be at least a 200-300M difference in price for something that requires the prior project.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

image.png?ex=65f5acc8&is=65e337c8&hm=1606ce00348e48cf652f897b3bc05280d703dba4c8d18f7b009ab2ca44a5283b&

On 5/2/2022 at 4:58 PM, Prefontaine said:

Embargoes: 

• Alliance leaders will be able to issue alliance-wide embargoes of a nation or an alliance. All members of the alliance will receive a notification of this. Nations can manually cancel the embargo.

I think individual nations manually being able to cancel an alliance embargo is a bummer.

• Upvote 3

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

4 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

Currently they are only good in three situations:
- Destroying loads and loads of infra if you have a lot of cities (this will be buffed quite a bit as ships are cheaper to use now). 
- Blockading (In the deciding stages of a global war this is very rarely useful).
- One shipping (this is only useful if your opponent is absolute shit).

It matters for me in that naval's are so expensive that its better to launch air at infra than to launch a naval attack as the cost to do maybe 15-25% more infra damage is about 2x the cost of running an airstrike.

To the point that I only really run navals to flex on somebody and put up a large number to brag about.  I would have to run the numbers to see what it looks like with the change, but hopefully this makes it a little less painful to run naval attacks now.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

It matters for me in that naval's are so expensive that its better to launch air at infra than to launch a naval attack as the cost to do maybe 15-25% more infra damage is about 2x the cost of running an airstrike.

To the point that I only really run navals to flex on somebody and put up a large number to brag about.  I would have to run the numbers to see what it looks like with the change, but hopefully this makes it a little less painful to run naval attacks now.

Yeah it might make it better in that situation (as mentioned in point one); but my point was is that in that case the war is already "won", so the relevance is less than what i'd like it to be (about the same relevance as planes and tanks).

On 5/3/2022 at 3:28 AM, Prefontaine said:

New Project: Fall Out Shelter
Requirement: 
Research and Development Center, Clinical Research Center
Effect: 
-
Reduces damage from nuclear missiles by 10%.
-Reduces fall-out length in a city by 25%
-Maximum radiation impact on food is 90% (can always produce 10% of food)
Cost:
Cash: $25,000,000
Food: 100,000
Lead: 10,000
Steel: 10,000
Aluminum: 10,000

The ones who'll buy it are whales. I thought we are trying to make nerf whales, not make them profit significantly during globals. They make a lot already.
Plus, in a few years, nuclear winter would be gone since  more or less everyone would have 30 cities due to Metro Project and making food. 
Global nuclear winter could be a big thing and we just throwing a good mechanic under the bus cuz newbies can't produce food?

On 5/16/2022 at 12:36 AM, Majima Goro said:

The ones who'll buy it are whales. I thought we are trying to make nerf whales, not make them profit significantly during globals. They make a lot already.
Plus, in a few years, nuclear winter would be gone since  more or less everyone would have 30 cities due to Metro Project and making food. 
Global nuclear winter could be a big thing and we just throwing a good mechanic under the bus cuz newbies can't produce food?

Personally, as a whale who pretty much exclusively produces food, I have no issues with losing production due to nuclear wars.

What I have an issue with is the fact that only food is discriminated against. I'd much rather radiation was applied fairly across the board, for all resource production.

On a side note Prefontaine, you missed the chance for a nice little easter egg: "Soldiers in nuked cities are less likely to die and kill more enemies, due to wearing power armor to negate radiation."

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

1 hour ago, Shakyr said:

Personally, as a whale who pretty much exclusively produces food, I have no issues with losing production due to nuclear wars.

What I have an issue with is the fact that only food is discriminated against. I'd much rather radiation was applied fairly across the board, for all resource production.

On a side note Prefontaine, you missed the chance for a nice little easter egg: "Soldiers in nuked cities are less likely to die and kill more enemies, due to wearing power armor to negate radiation."

Remember food is the only resource that scales based on land, where the other resources have a hard limit.  So nuclear fallout is a good balance mechanism for it.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Remember food is the only resource that scales based on land, where the other resources have a hard limit.  So nuclear fallout is a good balance mechanism for it.

Link land to improvements instead of Infrastructure and then allow uncapped resource improvements, providing you have the Land available (though you'll be soft-capped by pollution).

In the short term, scale other raw resources to land. Maybe manufacturing can scale to commerce rate. I'm quite alright with other resources getting a buff, if it means that food is no longer discriminated against.

Not to mention that nuclear fallout is one of the most underutilized mechanics in this game. It needs something to make people actually fear a nuclear winter.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:59 PM, Shakyr said:

How does radiation affect coal blocks or any inorganic things for the matter? I think what you really mean is radiation should affect global disease rates as well, something I would very much like to see.

Imagine global nuclear winter and everyday it goes on, say 10% of your then population dies off. Moreover, building efficiency should depend on your population, each improvement needing a minimum number of people to work, below which, production is scaled down proportionally. It would make global conflicts actually have a global effect, hurting everyone instead of just the people involved. It would pave the way for smaller and shorter conflicts because a big one would be devastating for both sides. Not only this, such a change would make nukes very much more powerful than they are currently, leading to treaties to limit nuclear weapon usage and such.

I hope this change is implemented

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Shakyr said:

Link land to improvements instead of Infrastructure and then allow uncapped resource improvements, providing you have the Land available (though you'll be soft-capped by pollution).

In the short term, scale other raw resources to land. Maybe manufacturing can scale to commerce rate. I'm quite alright with other resources getting a buff, if it means that food is no longer discriminated against.

Not to mention that nuclear fallout is one of the most underutilized mechanics in this game. It needs something to make people actually fear a nuclear winter.

How to Plummet Raw RSS Value: A 2 (3?) Step Guide

13 hours ago, Shakyr said:

This part I kind of agree with though

3 hours ago, Majima Goro said:

Imagine global nuclear winter and everyday it goes on, say 10% of your then population dies off. Moreover, building efficiency should depend on your population, each improvement needing a minimum number of people to work, below which, production is scaled down proportionally. It would make global conflicts actually have a global effect, hurting everyone instead of just the people involved. It would pave the way for smaller and shorter conflicts because a big one would be devastating for both sides. Not only this, such a change would make nukes very much more powerful than they are currently, leading to treaties to limit nuclear weapon usage and such.

While mildly convoluted and probably mildly annoying/difficult to actually implement, I think I like this idea lol.

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

11 hours ago, Majima Goro said:

How does radiation affect coal blocks or any inorganic things for the matter? I think what you really mean is radiation should affect global disease rates as well, something I would very much like to see.

Radiation affects the workers, which decreases the production rate. Sure it doesn't affect the resource directly, but there is no resource that will collect itself (unless Sheepy wants to give us an AI project).

11 hours ago, Majima Goro said:

Sure, having global radiation affect the disease rate is another way to go about it. You'd have to be very careful with deciding your minimum number of people to work though. Too few and you may as well not bother. Too many and you screw over low infrastructure builds.

7 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

How to Plummet Raw RSS Value: A 2 (3?) Step Guide

Can't make an omelet without breaking eggs. Most changes will screw with resource prices (UP/AUP was great for Food prices), to one degree or another. It's not a reason to outright reject sensible solutions, though.

Most of the resource production improvements would be softcapped by pollution (as anyone who's tried to build everything has found out), but you could leave in a hard cap of x (where x is a nice point above the softcap) if only so people don't break the game.

Could even be a good chance to reintroduce the Approval Rating (useless stat). Too many improvements taking up land, your people get unhappy and bad things happen.