Low tier raiding - War Ranges.

Zevari

We have had a lot recent discussion about solving higher tier down declares where people can at times hit 10+ cities lower than them. But I feel like something that is being pushed under the rug is lower tiers and the affects these changes are having.

To be specific, I the recent 75 nation score range had a rather interesting affect. I know some people at c4 who despite having only max soldiers and tanks can't hit another c4 with identical infra but zero military. This is really dumb, not only do they lose potential raiding targets but in the scenario of a war a player on a similar level zeroed out could rebuild a significant portion of their troops before even being back in war range. 

Now this would actually be quite simple to fix and I already have two potential solutions off the top of my head.
1. Every nation can attack people within 1-2 cities of them.
or
2. If you are trying to hit a nation on the grey activity bloc you get an extra 25% down declare range. (For a total of 50%) 

TL:DR Nerfing down declares is fine, but a 25% down declare for a whale is significantly different than a 25% down declare for smaller nations. Whales might be able to hit 10 cities lower, but some smaller nations can't even hit one city lower. Try account for shit like this before tinkering with crap, the bulk of the player base exists in the low tier, not the high.

• Upvote 5