More training for your troops => More Damage

Integrated Regions

I think something that'd be cool, is to add the "training" factor to warfare.
Basically, under each section of the Military page, add a button called "Train Soldiers" (or pilots, sailors, etc) next to the Enlist Soldiers button.
The more consecutive days that you log into P&W to train your troops, the higher their success rate (and damage) would be in battles.
The more days that you don't log into P&W to train your troops, the lower their success rate (and damage) would be in battles.
Each training operation costs money and a tiny bit of fuel/munitions. And you can only train once per day.

What do you guys think?

• Downvote 2

34 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

So in essence you want to train your troops and the only real cost is logging in? 
How big would this small cost be?

Prettymuch yeah.
It's the same idea with how you have to login over the course of several days, in order to build up your military to it's max capacity.
If someone makes the effort to login over the course of many consecutive days, then they can be rewarded with a higher success rate when it comes time for war.

Additionally, it would also give money and resources another "purpose" in P&W, rather than just sitting there waiting for the next war.

It's really not that hard to log in once a day. I have been logging in every day for the past 300 days. (I swear o touch grass) In the current stats of the game logging in daily is a normal thing than doing something extra that should reward you,plus you already get a reward as the 500k log in bonus. 

16 hours ago, Integrated Regions said:

Additionally, it would also give money and resources another "purpose" in P&W, rather than just sitting there waiting for the next war.

We also have people who already do this, pirates. They make people log in every day because of they didn't they would get raided. 

But what if I don't want to use a "tiny" amount of rss every day that would add up to train my troops (especially when they already have a daily upkeep cost)? I would be at a disadvantage and, according to your suggestion, even lose military efficacy. It's idiotic, in my opinion, to force people to essentially waste rss daily just to "keep up" and to penalize them if they miss a day.

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2022 at 7:08 AM, Kaka Canli said:

An better option would be to have a military enhancement project, and then you could train. Also over time they should get more experience.

That'd be nice. A project that slightly increases the damage inflicted by your troops.

• 4 months later...

The only way I could see this being implemented would be the addition of a project that increases troop value and max lootable money by a negligible amount, like 5% (universally and via soldiers respectively).

Edited by Federative Woodstock
Gramattical clarifications.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 3:10 PM, Mohammad said:

a war xp mechanic like Hoi4 would be cool. nations with more wars have better effcicnncy. 

I don't really get it.

What purpose would the XP serve?

Would it be losable?

Quite vague, honestly.

On 4/17/2022 at 12:36 PM, Integrated Regions said:

I think something that'd be cool, is to add the "training" factor to warfare.
Basically, under each section of the Military page, add a button called "Train Soldiers" (or pilots, sailors, etc) next to the Enlist Soldiers button.
The more consecutive days that you log into P&W to train your troops, the higher their success rate (and damage) would be in battles.
The more days that you don't log into P&W to train your troops, the lower their success rate (and damage) would be in battles.
Each training operation costs money and a tiny bit of fuel/munitions. And you can only train once per day.

What do you guys think?

I actually agree with the general concept that enhancing combat in some way would be cool.  I'm also okay with some sort of concept of morale or experience, such as you have in many wargames, where troops run the gamut from inexperienced, green, average, seasoned and elite.  And variations of those terms.  

However, I do not believe that you have thought this particular idea through enough.  Because of the way you can buy and sell troops in Politics & War, you are liable to run into the following scenario: Nation 'A' is a C-3 that dutifully spends every day for a month logging in and spending money training their troops.  Maybe they spend $30 million on this, assuming training costs $1 million a day.  Now they have 45,000 well-trained soldiers.  

Nation 'B' comes along as a C-5 with 75,000 one-day-old soldiers.  Thanks to the training program, Nation 'A' is well within the Nation Score range of Nation 'B' who attacks them.  Even if takes a few turns more than the usual 48 hours (because thanks to lack of training Nation 'B' doesn't get 10 Immense Triumphs in a row, perhaps just 7 or 8 ), Nation 'B' still wins and obliterates Nation 'A', who now has 0 soldiers and has lost $30 million down the drain.  

Does Nation 'A' have to start from scratch, re-training all new troops?  Even if not, the numerical odds will always be on the side of Nation 'B'.  

In general, I am in favor of the fact that you have ideas and enjoy brainstorming, as this shows you are an active member of the community and do wish to help the game grow and expand, but it appears that this particular idea needs a bit more thought and some tweaking to it.  

• Upvote 1