[Surrender] Burning the House Down

CoraMcstrap

Nice post! :) Also first! 

Signed, Mega, the kindest person ever! ♥️

Proud Member of Event Horizon

DISCLAIMER: Any post that I make or my response to one is NOT in any way representative of the alliance I'm in, unless explicitly stated otherwise.

9 minutes ago, CoraMcstrap said:

The Johnson’s family saw the housemate’s peace sign and accepted their surrender, although with caveats. They asked for a large letter box to be built outside the Haunted Mansion so that the villagers could list any grievances that they might have.

I am interested in seeing the results of this letterbox. There better be some spooky stuff in there. o/ peace

MofFA United Purple Nations

Former Grosskomtur, FA Minister and Spitler (IA) -Teutonic Order. Former Reclusiarch (IA) - UPN.

le61twR.png

17 minutes ago, Kurdanak said:

I still think imposing terms in a no-CB shits and giggles war is lame as hell, but congrats on the peace nevertheless. :v 

Some individuals egos were hurt, hence the terms. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Kurdanak said:

I still think imposing terms in a no-CB shits and giggles war is lame as hell, but congrats on the peace nevertheless. :v 

If the “terms” that were given end up being a net positive for the parties and PnW as a whole, then I’m not sure what the issue is. But you’re entitled to your opinion.

• Like 3

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

20 minutes ago, Arln said:

Finally food production is back on. 

I'm not sure what you mean. At no point in this war was I not able to produce food. I think I got to -55% (Europe) because of nukes but was still producing 70k+ per day in fall. This wasn't a major nuke war. Any perceived food impact should have been kind of negligible in a < 3 week war.

Edited by Malichy

Former Grosskomtur, FA Minister and Spitler (IA) -Teutonic Order. Former Reclusiarch (IA) - UPN.

le61twR.png

3 hours ago, Malichy said:

I'm not sure what you mean. At no point in this war was I not able to produce food. I think I got to -55% (Europe) because of nukes but was still producing 70k+ per day in fall. This wasn't a major nuke war. Any perceived food impact should have been kind of negligible in a < 3 week war.

You still could, yes. But now food production will actually be more profitable, again.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Arln said:

You still could, yes. But now food production will actually be more profitable, again.

My apologies, I initially thought you were commenting from the other (buying) perspective. From production side, yeah the return of higher yields will be nice.

le61twR.png

Congratulations on the peace, and good luck on rebuilding. To both parties. While I'm still personally on the fence about the public Discord term, I hope the war is a good learning experience for everyone involved.

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

21 hours ago, Kurdanak said:

That's a heavy "if" lmao. What's up with the quotations around "terms?" This criticism server was a straight up term for peace, was it not? Would you have accepted simply a surrender, without some extra salt in the wound? 

The issue to me is declaring a war just to fight (which isn't a bad thing), and ending it by imposing terms that frankly come off as demeaning. The term that made it to the end isn't half as bad as the ones from earlier in peace negotiations, at least, though I'm sure those were "jokes," right?

There are ways to communicate constructive criticism that don't involve opening up a peanut gallery in return for peace. DMs, embassies, public channels - taking this route screams disrespect, even if I trust the intention. Attacking an alliance to improve them isn't even a new concept - Mensa rolled the hell out of TFP and gave them tips along the way and after, leading to improvement at the time - the key difference is that it was all voluntary and in no way attached to attaining peace itself (although it did include meme terms, which I did find distasteful then as well). Terms, radio show, a criticism server - making HM jump through all these hoops was as a major !@#$ move, true to the Johnson's name. But hey, that is indeed just my opinion. :P 

That "heavy if" is looking a lot lighter now. The talks have been very respectful thus far. The quotations is that as far as "terms" go, this is one of the lighter and more helpful ones that have imposed. As mentioned in the VC negotiation, we would have accepted just a surrender the day they came to us for peace had they offered it up. Alas, the conversation was not steered in that direction. At the time it was frustrating, but now that we've arrived to this moment perhaps it was meant to be so that we could have this great conversation with the community as a whole.

It's too bad the people in Rose has such a low opinion of the people of Orbis that they believe a positive conversation around improvement is impossible. I'm happy to see these conversations in the suggestion server prove their theory wrong.

Here's to continuing the work towards communication that veers towards a positive direction and not letting negative attitudes or toxicity get in the way. 🍻

• Haha 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

4 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

That "heavy if" is looking a lot lighter now. The talks have been very respectful thus far. The quotations is that as far as "terms" go, this is one of the lighter and more helpful ones that have imposed. As mentioned in the VC negotiation, we would have accepted just a surrender the day they came to us for peace had they offered it up. Alas, the conversation was not steered in that direction. At the time it was frustrating, but now that we've arrived to this moment perhaps it was meant to be so that we could have this great conversation with the community as a whole.

It's too bad the people in Rose has such a low opinion of the people of Orbis that they believe a positive conversation around improvement is impossible. I'm happy to see these conversations in the suggestion server prove their theory wrong.

Here's to continuing the work towards communication that veers towards a positive direction and not letting negative attitudes or toxicity get in the way. 🍻

From one high-horse to another, I respect the grandstand, but you keep deflecting away from the inherent toxicity in imposing this on a sphere as a peace term. And again, it's certainly lighter and more helpful than your original terms of enforced MMR on Fark and a sphere name change that opens HM up to being meme'd on indefinitely (just because it's fun for you, does not mean that it's fun for those taking the brunt of your jokes). I'm glad some folks like hidude are making the best out of the situation, genuinely, but I go back to my issue here in the first place - that in order to obtain peace after having been rolled by the Johnson's (and their handy-dandy mercenary safety net), HM is required to make this server. The foundation is dirty and disrespectful, even if followed up by admirable clean action by the community. I believe that feedback is best received when done so voluntarily - your approach risks alienating several of those you claim to be trying to help out (evidently, considering the backlash from some HM gov). It's understandable to be rubbed the wrong way by having the guys who just rolled you then sit you down to have your internal affairs criticized. Is it really that shocking that several, even outside of Big Bad Rose, are reacting cynically to what you did?

And on that note, regarding your Rose-based rhetoric there, lmfao, guess some of my gov didn't make you happy. Sorry, but I'm speaking for myself here, Kev. Obviously a positive conversation around improvement is possible; I just listed multiple ways in my quoted post, ways to help out an individual/alliance/sphere without some pretentious help term presented as for HM's own good.

Again, good on the individuals making the best out of this. I just think that there are far, far better ways to go about giving advice than this. Ways that, believe it or not, people are using and will continue to do so. May we both have positive results! :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1