Castle Camelot is an Obvious Tax Farm (A DNN Investigation)

hidude45454

why would people want to poach non-discord members? smh

10 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

Thank you to the reader for reading until the very end! 

You're welcome, I'm always happy to help

Edited by Malal
  • Downvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Oh boy. Looking forward to seeing what Cam's response to this will be.

By the way, did you look at the bank transactions of their other alliances too or just Castle Cam (curious)? If not, do you intend to?

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

On 4/8/2022 at 9:35 PM, roberts said:

Spoiler: Silence

Actually Epi's response was to spout a bunch of nonsense about how they 'offer' things to them.   It was actually very funny and entertaining to watch him twist himself into a pretzel trying to defend it.

• Haha 1

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

Politics aside (fat chance), if a group of people are leveraging their access to discord to manipulate people who don't have access to discord, then that deserves to be condemned. Not least because if you take it to its logical conclusion and it's allowed, they'll be pressure on every alliance to manipulate non-discord members harder than their competitors to squeeze out an advantage. Which could get grim really quick.

Besides, it's a pretty crappy move.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:00 AM, Malal said:

Because being unable to get on discord shouldn't mean that you can't get to enjoy Orbis. It's like voice on high at the start of political simulators intoned "thow are worthless if thowst dost not do discord!" It's nonsense.

It'd be better for the community if everyone got the chance to get involved as much as they want to. Non-discord nations can still fight, build their nations, have opinions, trade, roleplay with others and do any number of other things than interest them.

For the record the alliance I'm in doesn't accept non-discord members and that wouldn't be my choice, but it's ok as long as they are alliances that do and do so because they want them to take part in their alliance and not to manipulate them.

2 hours ago, Altheus said:

Because being unable to get on discord shouldn't mean that you can't get to enjoy Orbis. It's like voice on high at the start of political simulators intoned "thow are worthless if thowst dost not do discord!" It's nonsense.

It'd be better for the community if everyone got the chance to get involved as much as they want to. Non-discord nations can still fight, build their nations, have opinions, trade, roleplay with others and do any number of other things than interest them.

For the record the alliance I'm in doesn't accept non-discord members and that wouldn't be my choice, but it's ok as long as they are alliances that do and do so because they want them to take part in their alliance and not to manipulate them.

Not being on discord makes it more difficult for a Gov to do its job.  To run a top of the line alliance, communication is extremely important.  So if an alliance wants to take people that aren't on discord, they are then acknowledging that they will need to put in extra effort to communicate with said members.  Alot of people dont want to do that, because being in gov is already a ton of work.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Not being on discord makes it more difficult for a Gov to do its job.  To run a top of the line alliance, communication is extremely important.  So if an alliance wants to take people that aren't on discord, they are then acknowledging that they will need to put in extra effort to communicate with said members.  Alot of people dont want to do that, because being in gov is already a ton of work.

Agree with all of that. Having non-discord members isn't for every alliance.

This looks like some very bad journalism. Clearly you set out to present a one-sided argument and didn’t seek all the facts upfront.

We’ve done all we can to try to show u the evidence that your data is extremely incomplete so I’m just gonna add that, from a newish players personal exp, I was happy to pay the 30% tax for Cam leadership to counter all attacks against me plus give me a signing bonus and advice on how to progress in the game quickly. Despite the alliance affiliation Castle still gets raided by folks who don’t think Camelot will counter only to discover themselves fully slotted by Cam. We defend and help Castle members just as much as we would any member of Camelot. The tax is reasonable and fair—anyone who says otherwise has their own agenda that involves damaging Cams reputation.

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Tal said:

This looks like some very bad journalism. Clearly you set out to present a one-sided argument and didn’t seek all the facts upfront.

We’ve done all we can to try to show u the evidence that your data is extremely incomplete so I’m just gonna add that, from a newish players personal exp, I was happy to pay the 30% tax for Cam leadership to counter all attacks against me plus give me a signing bonus and advice on how to progress in the game quickly. Despite the alliance affiliation Castle still gets raided by folks who don’t think Camelot will counter only to discover themselves fully slotted by Cam. We defend and help Castle members just as much as we would any member of Camelot. The tax is reasonable and fair—anyone who says otherwise has their own agenda that involves damaging Cams reputation.

images.jpg.e5bcb15c87116346e5fa80fe046b1caa.jpg

Edit to add: You're basically saying that it's ok for an alliance to charge a 30% glorified protection and teaching fee while giving you nothing else in return. This isn't the mafia. That's not ok. Lol.

Edited by Jacob Knox

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

15 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

images.jpg.e5bcb15c87116346e5fa80fe046b1caa.jpg

Edit to add: You're basically saying that it's ok for an alliance to charge a 30% glorified protection and teaching fee while giving you nothing else in return. This isn't the mafia. That's not ok. Lol.

You just said its giving you protection and teaching.  Paying for police and school is expensive bro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

On 4/9/2022 at 6:30 AM, Malal said:

I can't get Discord due to personal reasons, and it was really hard to find an alliance that would let me join without it. While I am no longer in Castle Camelot (the taxes had nothing to do with why I left, I had a completely different reason for leaving), I am really glad that they allow members without Discord, because not many alliances do, and even after leaving, it was hard to find an alliance that would let me in. So, even if the tax rate is high, I think that CC is a great alliance for players who don't have/want to get Discord.

Hello. I don't know what to put here right now.

I hope you're having a lovely day : )

At my first day at the game I’ve join castle Camelot because I forgot discord password was too lazy to recover. Once I join 30/30 tax that’s ridiculously high . Very super high !! Reasonable tax will be lower than 10/5.

That only time 30/30 is a reasonable tax  if they fully fund every city every 10 days , fund for 1,000 land , and fund for all the building. Also fully fund for national project for every 2500 infra . If not quit that alliance 

ive end up quitting after I’ve see my revenue lol .. and I join Aargh because 0/0 tax 

2 hours ago, Captain peace said:

At my first day at the game I’ve join castle Camelot because I forgot discord password was too lazy to recover. Once I join 30/30 tax that’s ridiculously high . Very super high !! Reasonable tax will be lower than 10/5.

That only time 30/30 is a reasonable tax  if they fully fund every city every 10 days , fund for 1,000 land , and fund for all the building. Also fully fund for national project for every 2500 infra . If not quit that alliance 

ive end up quitting after I’ve see my revenue lol .. and I join Aargh because 0/0 tax 

You basically just admitted you don't know much about this game lol.

30/30 isn't that abnormal and most alliances probably do grant stuff with those taxes. No way they're going to give you a city every 10 days, they'd literally be losing money.

• Haha 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

9 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

You basically just admitted you don't know much about this game lol.

30/30 isn't that abnormal and most alliances probably do grant stuff with those taxes. No way they're going to give you a city every 10 days, they'd literally be losing money.

Back off my boy CP here, he is up to 2 cities, and knows a thing or two around here.

• Haha 1