Macro, Micro and everything in between

Dorian Grey

9 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

I did my best to consistently keep in mind the exact specifications of what each tier meant as I contemplated each alliance's role in their sphere and in Orbis at large. I didn't think there were any alliances that Orbis would be "better off without" (F tier description), though I had a moment where I put Cam there :serious:, and I wanted to give my ranking of every alliance even if I'm not the most familiar with them (no hard feelings).

222165201_download(1).thumb.png.d72e7f014c442e971f77b7f5a612901d.png

Ill be honest, it seems you really did put much more thought into this one then the others, which honestly shows. It seems like the most accurate too with all considered. This thread has gotten me thinking quite a bit on an ideal tier list based on political & military power.

The only aa I question is why Cam has no power, specially with what they have been doing for awhile solo w/ all the attention they still get.  They have grown quite exponentially than any other aa when poppin back since gettin rolled quite badly by Nexus for what I see while continuing to do so slow n steady now. Epi is quite the megalomaniac but grudges & ooc issues aside, he knows what he is doing most the time, even when he gets zoned into his ego hardcore. Similar ideals breakdowns can be applied to others here.

You do you thou, you are turning to be quite the aware FA in Aurora/Serpentis as well an awesome community contributor, keep it up bro!

Edited by Firwof Kromwell
reee
  • Upvote 1

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

I gave it a shot. I had to be a bit generous with the category definitions to make some fit, because a few of the alliances I found seemed to straddle the space in between.

I think Orbis currently has Superpower spheres rather than any Superpower AAs. There's a clear dynamic to our politics, and from my perspective it's driven by two opposing pairs of co-operating Great Powers.

For Rising Powers, I thought as much about their intent as I did the outcomes of their actions. Pretty much AAs leading the formation of new spheres, or appearing to step up and add new drive or direction to existing ones. And ones I feel have the potential to realise more than the average AA.

Middle ended up being the ones I felt didn't quite meet Rising Power status, but were clearly more than just Micros.

Micro Powers were the AAs whose sphere I could identify, but weren't the first or second AA that came to mind when I thought about that sphere. Perhaps a bit more subjective than my approach to other categories. But it is what it is.

No Power was a bit of a wider brush. Some AAs are there because they have no driving influence in sphere politics, but that's not to say they don't influence the game in some way. Others, because I know they're struggling to find their place.

Don't Know; simple enough. They may be significant within their sphere. But I don't know enough to comment on them.

Arrgh get their own category. They're not exactly at the heart of things. But they'll never be easily forgotten. If they make a move, we all notice, but it won't change the wider ebb and flow of Orbis politics.

tiering.thumb.png.59e99b338947fff86b8c5c3adcbe5027.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

20 minutes ago, Sval said:

I gave it a shot. I had to be a bit generous with the category definitions to make some fit, because a few of the alliances I found seemed to straddle the space in between.

I think Orbis currently has Superpower spheres rather than any Superpower AAs. There's a clear dynamic to our politics, and from my perspective it's driven by two opposing pairs of co-operating Great Powers.

For Rising Powers, I thought as much about their intent as I did the outcomes of their actions. Pretty much AAs leading the formation of new spheres, or appearing to step up and add new drive or direction to existing ones. And ones I feel have the potential to realise more than the average AA.

Middle ended up being the ones I felt didn't quite meet Rising Power status, but were clearly more than just Micros.

Micro Powers were the AAs whose sphere I could identify, but weren't the first or second AA that came to mind when I thought about that sphere. Perhaps a bit more subjective than my approach to other categories. But it is what it is.

No Power was a bit of a wider brush. Some AAs are there because they have no driving influence in sphere politics, but that's not to say they don't influence the game in some way. Others, because I know they're struggling to find their place.

Don't Know; simple enough. They may be significant within their sphere. But I don't know enough to comment on them.

Arrgh get their own category. They're not exactly at the heart of things. But they'll never be easily forgotten. If they make a move, we all notice, but it won't change the wider ebb and flow of Orbis politics.

tiering.thumb.png.59e99b338947fff86b8c5c3adcbe5027.png

I like all of your logic and this tier list seems fairly accurate imo. I like the idea of giving Arrgh their own category, because I agree that they don't really fit any one category. I just ended up putting them under "Superpowers," because Arrgh doesn't need anyone to do what they do, aren't going anywhere, and are never forgotten (even though, as you mentioned, their actions are generally of little consequence to Orbis' politics).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

On 3/25/2022 at 4:43 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I would love to see somebody put together a power rankings instead of a tier list, and every week or two move alliances up and down the list in terms of perceived political power.

if someone actually did that and put in time and effort and was minimally biased (which is a challenge on its on in Orbis); it would be absolute fire.

• Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.8206727a62cead56b9774006633362b4.png

Based on how good the alliance is ^. Some of the alliances remain to be seen (such as Bourbon and Serpentis). Although I think there should be a tier between E and F labeled "Less Than No Power"

On 3/30/2022 at 5:31 PM, BelgiumFury said:

if someone actually did that and put in time and effort and was minimally biased (which is a challenge on its on in Orbis); it would be absolute fire.

You're welcome.

Edited by Kevanovia

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif