Is it a good idea to diversify manufactured goods?

Egold

Not really. There's a stacking bonus for raw and manufactured improvements - the more of one type you have, the more you make (max of 10 for non-uranium raws and max of 5 for uranium and manufactured gives a 50% bonus)

4.png

1 hour ago, Solomon Ben-David said:

Not really. There's a stacking bonus for raw and manufactured improvements - the more of one type you have, the more you make (max of 10 for non-uranium raws and max of 5 for uranium and manufactured gives a 50% bonus)

yes, I understand that in 1 city there is a benefit to only do one resource, and I said that in my original post. I was wondering about all my cities in total, for example 5 aluminum cities and 5 munitions cities vs all aluminum or all munitions.

1 hour ago, CrunchyBananas said:

yes, I understand that in 1 city there is a benefit to only do one resource, and I said that in my original post. I was wondering about all my cities in total, for example 5 aluminum cities and 5 munitions cities vs all aluminum or all munitions.

Oh, that shouldn't have any effect on productivity, it'd just make it a hassle to manage since you can't bulk import lol

4.png

It is usually recommended to only manufacture one resource as you end up producing more and can thus sell more on the market. But I suppose you could also do what you're suggesting. Just more annoying to manage.

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

When you are doing any manufacturing, you need the project.

if you are using 4 project slots and only building 25% of your cities in each type thats waste of project slots, and if you were maxing all 4 in all cities that would use alot of improvements and even maxed recyles and hospitals wouldnt be able to clean all disease. 

2 types can be manageable but without any civil projects would take 5 hospitals and 3 recycle centers. (4 hospitals if munitions and gas combo) that's 18 (17) improvement slots, so I really wouldnt recommend it unless you're in a higher city count.

If you want to do manufacturing pick one get the project and max it in all cities.