Pay your F*ing Taxes

Raphael

Is this the prelude to tkr: civil war

• Haha 6

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

This post is about Orbis in general, but since we're both TKR members, I'm curious if you think this applies to TKR as well, or just Orbis as a whole? As someone who has been playing catchup for the last year, I've felt that TKR's programs are pretty good. What city count do you think alliances should boost new members to? I should be able to hit C25 before too long, and I think that's a respectable city count, and will be due in large part to alliance help.

I think Econ programs are good, and I'm not necessarily opposed to taxes to fund them. On the other hand I'm not sure if I see the problem being as big as you do. I've seen some people climb very high quite quickly. I don't think having players spread across a reasonable range of city counts is necessarily a bad thing, although I suppose that's not exactly what your arguing. 

I'm definitely open to changing my mind on this, if you can help me understand that it's more of an issue than I realize. I think what would help me understand best is a more specific idea of what kind of funding and cities you do see funded for new members around Orbis now, vs what city count you think alliances should fund to. 

TL;DR: Afaik most big alliances do have good programs for new players, curious about what specifically you'd like to see. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ragnar-Danneskjold said:

This post is about Orbis in general, but since we're both TKR members, I'm curious if you think this applies to TKR as well, or just Orbis as a whole? As someone who has been playing catchup for the last year, I've felt that TKR's programs are pretty good. What city count do you think alliances should boost new members to? I should be able to hit C25 before too long, and I think that's a respectable city count, and will be due in large part to alliance help.

I think Econ programs are good, and I'm not necessarily opposed to taxes to fund them. On the other hand I'm not sure if I see the problem being as big as you do. I've seen some people climb very high quite quickly. I don't think having players spread across a reasonable range of city counts is necessarily a bad thing, although I suppose that's not exactly what your arguing. 

I'm definitely open to changing my mind on this, if you can help me understand that it's more of an issue than I realize. I think what would help me understand best is a more specific idea of what kind of funding and cities you do see funded for new members around Orbis now, vs what city count you think alliances should fund to. 

TL;DR: Afaik most big alliances do have good programs for new players, curious about what specifically you'd like to see. 

It's not exactly any specific growth program or city count that I believe every alliance should strive for. Every alliance is different.

This post is more aimed (light-heartedly) at the pretty widespread "me" mentality I see, specifically among the upper tiers.

• Like 1

I love this. I also love practicing and managing a heavy centralized style of economics, where this time, I do know what’s best for you and your nation. Please fellow nations, abandon your personal desires, motives, goals, and join something bigger. Join the collective strength that a centralized system employs, embraces, and provides a never ending reassurance and a sense of “being part of something bigger.”

2 hours ago, Bezzers said:

Is this the prelude to tkr: civil war

Ignore him; he's just mad he hasn't yet gotten all those free cities we promised him for the merger. 🙄

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

You may take my life, but you will never tax me. 

How dare you suggest wasting money on some 10c scrub is better than spending 3.5 billion on city 44?

The balls on you pal... the balls on you.

Wouldn't be a 10c scrub anymore if you spent 3.5 billion on them though. Think about that

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, roberts said:

Back in the day, when alliances and leadership were more interested in roleplay than in tiering, we used to write charters for our alliances. They may be called something different but most people called them charters. Almost every charter had a preamble, and almost every preamble had some form of this sentence:

"We choose to come together under the aims of mutual defense, economic prosperity, brotherhood, etc."

Funnily enough, in a game where the macro-economic aspect of an alliance is so much more easily managed than others, I almost feel as though people have lost this piece of the puzzle.

There is a spectre haunting Orbis, the spectre of Libertarianism.

The widespread, prevalent attitude that taxes need not apply. The redistribution of wealth downwards towards the working-class nations of Orbis is superfluous and, if it happens at all, it should only be through the charity of my benevolent whale nation that they should receive a pittance.

The raw miners, the raiders who work so hard to keep our streets clean of inactives, the low-level staff in our departments, the guys who keep higher MMR and stay at c5-10 for months to protect the newbies who join from overzealous raiders... Many are being denied their basic needs and adequate growth based on subpar economic models that are more focused on continually concentrating wealth at the top of the game to further push the definition of "what is the whale tier?" than they are with the economic prosperity of their fellow alliance members.

Upper tier nations who, through malice or ignorance, seek to stay on subpar builds or max out their nuclear stockpile for lulz. The nations who argue against anything more than a tithe-level tax (10%). The nations who won't even join an alliance because they refuse to contribute to the economic prosperity of all - in favor of some imagined elitist benefit they may convey in its place!

Well I'm here to tell you, Orbis: Taxes are a good thing. "Every nation should fend for themselves" is an attitude no better than barbarity and anarchy - likely better off without an alliance at all, in my humble opinion. The flow of wealth downwards to our hard-working younger generations is the original and most important "Catch-up mechanic" that Orbis ever needs.

So if you see a poor c11 out on the streets, starving and penniless, unable to afford food for their Urban Planning project... Please. Look into your heart and your pockets and help this Silent Majority out of poverty and into the shared prosperity that all of Orbis can have if we simply work together.

Thank you.

Roberts you need to do this more often. We need people like you to make WoTs.

Also you are right, everyone should be on 100/100 taxes.

Edited by darkblade

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

1 hour ago, His Holy Decagon said:

I love this. I also love practicing and managing a heavy centralized style of economics, where this time, I do know what’s best for you and your nation. Please fellow nations, abandon your personal desires, motives, goals, and join something bigger. Join the collective strength that a centralized system employs, embraces, and provides a never ending reassurance and a sense of “being part of something bigger.”

Communists deserve punishment.
 ancaparianagrande.gif.797644139c11b3df7fd1894937ae0e85.gif
yw :)

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Downloads.jpg.f8cec0ed86ab61876072ab7847b52f92.jpg

1 hour ago, Canbec said:

Ignore him; he's just mad he hasn't yet gotten all those free cities we promised him for the merger. 🙄

Wouldn't be a 10c scrub anymore if you spent 3.5 billion on them though. Think about that

No they would just delete, because they were just handed free money they didn't earn, so they dont see or respect or understand the time and effort it takes to make that money, which ultimately leads to their eventual deletion.  Now that 3.5 billion dollars has just gone down the drain.   This is why the best person to spend your money is you. (and why taxes are the devil)

image.jpeg.4a55a7b5f81f85ba030519b21f6d4fc0.jpeg

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 2

53 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

No they would just delete, because they were just handed free money they didn't earn, so they dont see or respect or understand the time and effort it takes to make that money, which ultimately leads to their eventual deletion. 

Kids these days never even learn the value of a dollar. Back in my day, city grants up to 8 were unheard of luxuries! Now you see these entitled "melonials" are getting 10 cities on day one? Hurr they have their silver spoons and whine that they're not gold I tell ye. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

7 hours ago, roberts said:

It's not exactly any specific growth program or city count that I believe every alliance should strive for. Every alliance is different.

This post is more aimed (light-heartedly) at the pretty widespread "me" mentality I see, specifically among the upper tiers.

The big people give more than enough to the little people and don’t receive so much as a thank you. Smh. And yet you still have the audacity to ask for more. I ask you! How much does a big person have to give before it’s okay for them to be selfish in your eyes? It is their money after all, and while you seem to have a problem with big people keeping their money, you seem to have no problem with the little people being greedy pigs with an insatiable appetite to consume other peoples money! Get a job you lazy bum! 

• Upvote 2

In general I think the only fair tax rate is a flat tax rate!  However life in an alliance is more than just taxes and personal economic benefits, but the folk in it and a shared sense of direction. I guess it boils down to an individual’s assessment of whether their alliance is worth the taxes they’re expected to pay.  I’d pay 100/100 for the right alliance regardless of my own political philosophy.

Celer Et Audax