Poll: Baseball Profits Hard Cap

Prefontaine

Hard Capping daily profits from baseball.   

83 members have voted

1. 1. Hard Cap for daily value profits from Baseball

• 1 Million
    • 2 Million
    • 3 Million
    • 4 Million
    • 5 Million

1 hour ago, zigbigadorlou said:

But natsims are by design incredibly slow growth made to be played over months and years. And the nerf that is being proposed only hurts those that are so sucked in that they can do hundreds of "click, wait for beep, click". Like hours of that. 

And the 6mil these outliers make won't really affect that growth, City timers will still exist.

Making revenue off what is effectively simulated tourism sounds pretty natsim to me, especially if we consider it's inferior to raiding, market flipping, creating businesses or just joining an alliance for grants. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
On 3/9/2022 at 6:15 PM, Who Me said:

So what we learn from this is that sheepy is fine with scripts that make him money but hates baseball because it doesn't. What a lovely attitude.

Are you suggesting that watching rewarded ads is somehow "gameplay"? Rewarded ads are also capped at $2m/day, why don't we cap baseball at $2m/day as well then if you think they're equivalent?

On 3/9/2022 at 7:38 PM, Nokia Rokia said:

Also yes I intend to spam ads now because Alex literally gave permission and I may as well use a chrome extension 

Again, disclaimer, the rewarded ads provider will likely blacklist you and you'll stop receiving any rewards because they're no longer validating your ad watches server side. And there's nothing that I can do to un-blacklist you. So attempt this at your own risk.

• Downvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Total invested into baseball all-time is: $69,020,062,694.96

Total earned from baseball all-time is: $113,750,636,412.21

Net value added to the game is: $44,730,573,717.25

---

Average value invested into baseball is: $2,629,836.64

Average earned from baseball is: $4,334,188.32

Average net value added to game is: $1,704,351.68

---

If we filter out anyone who has $0 earned in baseball, then averages are:

Avg invested: $3,657,536.84

Avg earned: $6,121,228.24

Avg net: $2,463,691.41

The top baseball team has earned over $14b net, the second top team has earned over $10b net.

image.png

I mean, you have generated nearly $11b net from baseball. If I was going to guess who is botting baseball, my top two guesses would be you and https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=70736

First of all, what are those numbers in context to? Per person, per day, per person per day?

Next, here are my number per your own display:

Founded: 02/01/2016 (2,230 Days Old)

The Dont Know Dont Cares have an overall record of 1,055,787 wins and 436,635 losses. In their history they have scored 5,498,676 runs, 2,854,020 of which were home runs, and they have pitched 31,378,918 strikeouts.

Money Invested: $731,003,500.00 | Money Earned: $11,593,637,936.15

As you can see, I have been playing P&W for a little over 6 years now and except for a few months after NPOLT I have been playing baseball every day. Although with how often your coding breaks I doubt those figures are accurate.

As an aside, most of the money I made was before the nerfs after NPOLT. A period of time when you were deaf and dumb to with regards to baseball. There were days when I was making $35-40 million per day playing baseball because there were people so obviously using bots which you could have seen if you had bothered to look.

As for botting, if you would bother to check the time between games played and how long people play it would be very easy to spot the people using bots. When you have someone playing a game a second for 10 hours a day with no breaks it's pretty glaring. No one is playing like that now though. At least not that I have noticed.

For the record, I do not nor have I ever used a bot. I am old and retired so I have plenty of time through out the day to play baseball so please do not accuse me of using a bot again.

If you really want to know who was botting back in the day you should check this nation https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=132570

2 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Damn Who Me, what are you blowing all that sweet sweet baseball money on?  Hookers and blow?

Cities and rebuilding after wars. So many rebuilds.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

But natsims are by design incredibly slow growth made to be played over months and years.

The problem with this is that the game developers constantly and consistently under estimate the ability of the players to find ways to quickly out grow the limits that the developers try to impose on the game.

2 hours ago, Who Me said:

If you really want to know who was botting back in the day you should check this nation https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=132570

I wouldn't say he was botting for sure but he was a prolific away spammer collecting a lot in tips and the people who I have noticed getting banned for botting have been prolific away spammers. There are obvious reasons they chose to use it for aways, one of which is avoiding alex's accusasions which evidently works.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I mean, you have generated nearly $11b net from baseball. If I was going to guess who is botting baseball, my top two guesses would be you and https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=70736

If you seriously want to make that accusation (as you have done so in threads a few time now) dm me on discord to disccuss it, I won't dm you because last time I did on this topic you ignored me.

Edited by Galerion

On 3/9/2022 at 10:55 AM, Alex said:

I think the biggest issue here is it's not clear that people are "no lifeing" baseball. They could very well be cleverly using automated scripts that are either somehow able to evade the captchas, or they are just doing the captchas themselves every 15 minutes.

Does that change anyone's perspective? Are you still okay with people generating free money just by turning on a script rather than actually sitting and clicking a button?

EDIT: And I'll add, because I'm sure the response will be "just ban the cheaters" - it's basically impossible to tell how you're clicking a button. If you want us to just ban the people who make these crazy outlier amounts in baseball, we can do that, but there's a real chance we end up just banning some actual "no lifers" too.

giphy.gif

To be clear, no I'm not tech savvy enough to use one of those things. But I also don't give a !@#$ anymore either if someone else decides to use one, if there wasn't a limit on the daily games already I'd care. But go ahead and ask me again with this silly 250 games per day.

Edit 2 : Actually instead why don't we talk about the fact your so "busy" you can't update your game but you have the time to post in some baseball thread? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! Give your head a shake bud.

Edited by SleepingNinja
clarification
  • Upvote 1

image.png?ex=65f5acc8&is=65e337c8&hm=1606ce00348e48cf652f897b3bc05280d703dba4c8d18f7b009ab2ca44a5283b&

7 hours ago, Alex said:

---

Average value invested into baseball is: $2,629,836.64

Average earned from baseball is: $4,334,188.32

Average net value added to game is: $1,704,351.68

---

If we filter out anyone who has $0 earned in baseball, then averages are:

Avg invested: $3,657,536.84

Avg earned: $6,121,228.24

Avg net: $2,463,691.41

The top baseball team has earned over $14b net, the second top team has earned over $10b net.

image.png

I can kinda of understand where you are coming from now the extremes are kinda extreme, however in total they have contributed 50% of the net value to the game. 

See the thing is though, the net income of baseball from the entire history of the game is worth less than 15 days worth of some top alliances income. (I believe Syndicate and Rose make 3bil, correct me if i'm wrong)

So 6 years of baseball = 15 days of a top alliances tax, this really isn't that overpowered.

Furthermore, the top earners from baseball have so much because few are willing to commit to the grind they do, if even 2-3 more people were as active as they are you would see their daily income drop by over half due to the laws of suppy and demand.

So yes, I admit the extremes are quite crazy, but that seems to be due to the lack of incentive to play away games over hosting 250 and calling it a day.

Also thank you for the quick response, didn't expect any!

Edited by Zevari

5 hours ago, Zevari said:

Perhaps you could give us the numbers from when you nerfed baseball to the full revenue for the first 250 games until now to get a true picture of how much money is being added to the game now?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Perhaps you could give us the numbers from when you nerfed baseball to the full revenue for the first 250 games until now to get a true picture of how much money is being added to the game now?

To be fair you still make a pretty penny from baseball through tips. Alex isn't necessarily wrong in saying the extremes make a lot of money when the top two have 20% of the overall earned.

But this is still quite a small number when split over 6 years, and the added fact that the average player makes quite an insignificant amount.

However I feel the problem isn't that baseball provides too much revenue but lack of saturation away game players have, hence why these extremes exist. If instead of having two people with ~25bil earned combined we had 25 people with 1bil earned each the dev team would care a lot less. (I think the big numbers on a couple of people gave them a scare)

33 minutes ago, Zevari said:

To be fair you still make a pretty penny from baseball through tips. Alex isn't necessarily wrong in saying the extremes make a lot of money when the top two have 20% of the overall earned.

But this is still quite a small number when split over 6 years, and the added fact that the average player makes quite an insignificant amount.

However I feel the problem isn't that baseball provides too much revenue but lack of saturation away game players have, hence why these extremes exist. If instead of having two people with ~25bil earned combined we had 25 people with 1bil earned each the dev team would care a lot less. (I think the big numbers on a couple of people gave them a scare)

Yes, but you can't make anywhere near the $11 billion I have made in the last 6 years now due to the 250 game limit so that is just out there to get you attention and can't be replicated any longer. Most of that was made back when you could play unlimited games and there were a few people running bots.

Now if I play 250 away games against another 100 level team, if they tip me, I can make any where from $1.45 to $1.65 million due to sheepys RNG. So I would have to play 4 different 100 level players to make that $6 million. That rarely happens these days and every time I have a player retire it costs roughly $3 million to level that player so every time that happens I may or may not make any money that day.

Also, if they make it so you can't play baseball while you are blockaded I would imagine you will start seeing a higher turn over of small nations and more bigger nation hitting long term VM during curb stomp wars so good luck with player retention.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Alex said:

Again, disclaimer, the rewarded ads provider will likely blacklist you and you'll stop receiving any rewards because they're no longer validating your ad watches server side. And there's nothing that I can do to un-blacklist you. So attempt this at your own risk.

Wait has this happened before? Or was this something they mentioned when you originally did the ad placement stuff? (I'm curious because i've never really heard/seen anything on this)

I'm pretty out of the loop in regards to anything that doesn't directly involve game mechanics or my alliance politically. (although I do look at news servers occasionally to get a brief refresher on things)

Edited by Zevari
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
On 3/12/2022 at 8:41 AM, Zevari said:

Wait has this happened before? Or was this something they mentioned when you originally did the ad placement stuff? (I'm curious because i've never really heard/seen anything on this)

Yeah it's happened probably a few dozen times, I get a handful of messages like "I'm not getting any money from watching rewarded ads" and there's nothing I can do about it if they won't validate the ad watches server side.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah it's happened probably a few dozen times, I get a handful of messages like "I'm not getting any money from watching rewarded ads" and there's nothing I can do about it if they won't validate the ad watches server side.

Damn, that's kinda funny honestly. I assume the reason they need to validate instead of the game just auto sending is to prevent adblockers and scripts from bypassing the watch time. (that or contractual obligations, i've got no clue how ads work)

• Upvote 1