Poll: Baseball Profits Hard Cap

Prefontaine

Hard Capping daily profits from baseball.   

83 members have voted

1. 1. Hard Cap for daily value profits from Baseball

• 1 Million
    • 2 Million
    • 3 Million
    • 4 Million
    • 5 Million

Recent changes to baseball profits were meant to reduce the amount of created cash to the game through baseball revenue (not tips). These changes largely worked, however there are a few individuals who earn well above the intended amounts due to brute force. During a week revue last month there were about a dozen instances where players made over 6M a day in revenue from baseball.

unknown.png

Some of these are the same player(s). Also out of about 1700 data points, these are the only instances of daily incomes from baseball exceeding 6M in that time. All daily revenue from baseball dropped below 1M at around 120, so less than 10% of nations playing baseball are making 1M+ a day and less than 1% are making 6M+ a day. This problem effects a small portion of the player base. 

To offset these reductions to baseball I'd like to view changing some of the upkeep aspects on baseball. What do heavy baseball players see as their biggest expense to keep things going? Do players retire too fast? Upgrading stadiums is too expensive? Give me those suggestions and I can work on implementing them in addition to these hard caps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 22

scSqPGJ.gif

If there should be a hard cap it should be higher than the one proposed it can take a long time sure but if people want to waste there time sure.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why are you reading this.

12 minutes ago, Emperor Adam said:

I don't think this is nearly the problem you make it out to be. 6m extra a day for that much effort is genuinely nothing when you can do simple buy low/sell highs on the market for significantly less effort and more money. I'd rather time be devoted to things that are important rather than trying to fix a nonexistent problem.

I agree it's not a big problem, but it is a problem. If a nation wants to run a muck in the low tiers with high levels of activity and 10M a day in extra, unpreventable revenue to fund raiding this is where the issue would become.

Market interaction is a core concept of the game, nations being active and being able to make sums of money is by design.
Raiding/War profiting is also a core concept of the game.
Baseball is a fringe element of the game. Small nations being able to increase their income to this extent not something that is to be designed.

6 minutes ago, JadenStar10 said:

No one wants this change, fix stuff that is actuall broken and make changes that have been promised (but not implemented). If some dude can make a few million extra by selling his soul to spamming baseball, so be it. Good for him if thats how he stays active, grinds for money, and enjoys the game. What are we going to do next, ban trading cuz its too profitable? Ban banks for their interest rates?

I would turn this around and say that Baseball should be restored to its pre nerf status.

You wouldn't say that if you were a smaller player constantly being raiding by someone who is also gaining tons of money and ability to rebuy units through baseball. And as for your claim about fixing stuff that's actually broken, this IS something that is actually broken. It's being used in a way that is not intended. This is intended to be a compromise versus the removal of the mechanic.

As to your point about this taking away from other content. This is a simple change that requires minimal effort and won't take away from coming changes. As far no one wanting this change, I can promise you that you are entirely incorrect on that. 

• Downvote 19

scSqPGJ.gif

1 minute ago, Prefontaine said:

... Couldn't even read the first sentence, eh?

I didn't even see that there were sentences. How to read? What is words?

I disagree with your idea here though. There are a tiny minority that play an insane amount of games, and the increase in income through both home games and tips is directly tied to how many games you can play. I would say just put a hard cap on the number of games. This would allow baseball to continue being "enjoyed" by people while not allowing excessive income. 

What kind of numbers do you have for the number of games people play? I would assume just stopping them at 100-150 games would solve the perceived problem while giving plenty of opportunity for people to keep playing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

1 minute ago, zigbigadorlou said:

I didn't even see that there were sentences. How to read? What is words?

I disagree with your idea here though. There are a tiny minority that play an insane amount of games, and the increase in income through both home games and tips is directly tied to how many games you can play. I would say just put a hard cap on the number of games. This would allow baseball to continue being "enjoyed" by people while not allowing excessive income. 

What kind of numbers do you have for the number of games people play? I would assume just stopping them at 100-150 games would solve the perceived problem while giving plenty of opportunity for people to keep playing. 

Depending on which hard cap is selected, the amount of revenue from putting a game cap would actually likely be lower than the hard caps on revenue. But I'm fine with capping daily games all together. Solves the issue at hand. 

2 minutes ago, Canbec said:

My main issue with this poll is you're going to walk away from it with whatever the result is and say "look, the community wants a hard cap of $X million", yet there's no option to maintain status quo.

Maintaining the status quo is not an option currently on the table. 

• Downvote 18

scSqPGJ.gif

11 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Depending on which hard cap is selected, the amount of revenue from putting a game cap would actually likely be lower than the hard caps on revenue. But I'm fine with capping daily games all together. Solves the issue at hand. 

Buff the income and cap the total games then. That's my vote. 

• Downvote 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

1 minute ago, Indger said:

One suggestion is that i should get to kick baseball players, and buy a new on for some money so that i Dont have to spend money on maximizing my team by upgrading older players.

Could be doable. 

• Like 4

scSqPGJ.gif

4 minutes ago, Canbec said:

What's the point in polling the community then if you've basically already decided the outcome?

I notice the rest of my post was just ignored, but I'll restate that I strongly feel the dev team is going in the wrong direction by focusing on ways to reduce active income that actually keep people engaged with the game. Someone who logs in once a week shouldn't be growing at the same rate (or possibly even faster due to their size advantage) as someone who plays for several hours a day.

The rest of your post was not responded to because those points were largely addressed already. Raiding and trading are core mechanics of this game. Activity in such encouraged. Baseball is a fringe element of the game that should not have the level of impact in extreme cases that it currently does. To the point that this will hamper growth of new players I just find that statement inaccurate. Players grow faster than in the past, plain and simple. This change would only hit the very top of players using the system in a way it was not intended to be used. 

The outcome is not decided beyond that a change is happening. This poll is to determine which level of a hard cap would be preferred if a hard cap were to be implemented. Having a "no change" option in a poll designed to determine that if the change was implemented what should it look like would actually be pointless.

• Downvote 4

scSqPGJ.gif

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think the biggest issue here is it's not clear that people are "no lifeing" baseball. They could very well be cleverly using automated scripts that are either somehow able to evade the captchas, or they are just doing the captchas themselves every 15 minutes.

Does that change anyone's perspective? Are you still okay with people generating free money just by turning on a script rather than actually sitting and clicking a button?

EDIT: And I'll add, because I'm sure the response will be "just ban the cheaters" - it's basically impossible to tell how you're clicking a button. If you want us to just ban the people who make these crazy outlier amounts in baseball, we can do that, but there's a real chance we end up just banning some actual "no lifers" too.

Why not have a captcha on every baseball game? Not the one we currently use but something where you need to solve a math problem type captcha. If the issue is botting, such a step can help. It would make baseball more time consuming but the fix is there!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Something funny about baseball is that I have seen so many posts seeing it is broken and needs changes over the years, and that while it has so few mechanics. 
That being said, if it causes this much problems maybe we should just consider deleting it / reworking the whole system so people who spend 4 hours playing baseball can go do something usefull instead 😛 (and botting is not a concern anymore).

Edited by BelgiumFury
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

58 minutes ago, Majima Goro said:

Why not have a captcha on every baseball game? Not the one we currently use but something where you need to solve a math problem type captcha. If the issue is botting, such a step can help. It would make baseball more time consuming but the fix is there!

I wouldn't say every game, but every 20 or so game?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

thalmorcommie.png