Poll: New tiers of Urban Planning

Prefontaine

New City Urban Project  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Should their be a third tier of Urban Planning that provides a city purchasing discount?

2. 2. If yes, what city count should it require? (UP is 11+ AUP is 16+)

3. 3. Should this trend continue beyond a third tier?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/22 at 01:00 PM

Urban Planning (UP) and Advanced Urban Planning (AUP) are projects focused on reducing city cost. These projects typically have an all resource-based cost and require certain city thresholds to buy. A new version would likely follow this trend. 

scSqPGJ.gif

I think it's a great idea to introduce a third tier of city planning to help reduce cost. The biggest problem with growing cities right now is that once you reach around city 30, it becomes less profitable to build another city. And the costs start to become to much.

And with the removal of NAPS, it's only gonna get harder to build cities around that size and above.

Edited by darkblade
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

5 minutes ago, darkblade said:

I think it's a great idea to introduce a third tier of city planning to help reduce cost. The biggest problem with growing cities right now is that once you reach around city 30, it becomes less profitable to build another city. And the costs start to become to much.

And with the removal of NAPS, it's only gonna get harder to build cities around that size and above.

That's because you shouldn't be buying cities for the cash, you should be buying them for the military might.  The extra cash is just a bonus.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Given the progression of the game towards more and more players being C20-25+ and that the Top 100 nations by city count are all at least C36, it's only logical (in my opinion) that another tiering be offered. As for when it should be offered, C21 would be most logical to keep the trend (5 cities between each), but I wouldn't complain if it were at C25.

• Upvote 5

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

57 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

That's because you shouldn't be buying cities for the cash, you should be buying them for the military might.  The extra cash is just a bonus.

While I agree with you that the main reason you should be buy cities is for military power, you also have to consider the stagnation of growth around the city 30 area. And why you don't see that many players move past city 30.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

1731233237_ScreenShot2022-03-02at7_45_10PM.thumb.png.77b000d48c3a7729764cd21a38aa030e.png

Why are so many people against this and are for the third tier? We will continue to make projects like this forever because people will keep adding cities. You know in 2 years we will be in the same situation and the 4th project for lower city cost will be suggested.

"City discounts are a bandaid on a bleeding wound that is, we have no other end game progression besides bigger city number." - yes, this... This gives me another good idea for a suggestion.

Edited by J Kell
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

On 3/2/2022 at 8:03 AM, Prefontaine said:

Urban Planning (UP) and Advanced Urban Planning (AUP) are projects focused on reducing city cost. These projects typically have an all resource-based cost and require certain city thresholds to buy. A new version would likely follow this trend. 

Incorrect from what I was told; Epi told me and many, many others that UP/AUP are purely “catch up” projects; I trust his opinion and am positive his take on it is *not* because of a personal struggle with econ nor because he has a larger training alliance.

Please enjoy the sarcasm, and also please make a third level of UP

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, His Holy Decagon said:

Incorrect from what I was told; Epi told me and many, many others that UP/AUP are purely “catch up” projects; I trust his opinion and am positive his take on it is *not* because of a personal struggle with econ nor because he has a larger training alliance.

wJxPdiH.gif

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

I agree that UP and AUP are catch up projects, mostly because after a certain city count 150M$ less is not what's making a difference when cities cost billions. But tbh, I'd make them less expensive, so they can serve their purpose better. Just imagine a small alliance, that can choose between funding its member 4/5 cities or a project, the choice is obvious

Right now UP+AUP helps you to tier up to c20-c22, the next project should aim to tier to like c28-c30 imo

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 2:42 AM, Dorian Grey said:

I agree that UP and AUP are catch up projects, mostly because after a certain city count 150M$ less is not what's making a difference when cities cost billions. But tbh, I'd make them less expensive, so they can serve their purpose better. Just imagine a small alliance, that can choose between funding its member 4/5 cities or a project, the choice is obvious

Right now UP+AUP helps you to tier up to c20-c22, the next project should aim to tier to like c28-c30 imo

They aren't catch up projects.  if they were they would be alot cheaper.  They are long term investments into your nation. 

On 3/5/2022 at 2:42 AM, Dorian Grey said:

are catch up projects,

They aren't "catch up projects", younger players could never-ever catch up to the massive whales who lumber along unstoppable due to their sheer size. They are simply a way for the older players of the game to keep growing at a decent pace. These projects serve only two classes of people, those that have played for 3-5+ years and those that bamboozle people out of their in-game money.

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

1 hour ago, J Kell said:

They aren't "catch up projects", younger players could never-ever catch up to the massive whales who lumber along unstoppable due to their sheer size.

I disagree, its much easier now a days to grow quickly, than it ever has been before.  Its just a question of effort, and some luck here and there.  We have players out there get to 30 cities in under 2 years, which is crazy fast.

• Upvote 2

• Prefontaine unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic