The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire

Palsada

8 hours ago, palsada said:

Big old moan...

So you've got issues, maybe even some valid ones, but have deleted and this is your parting shot??  Not the sort of thing a righteous person would do, much less a stoic Roman. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

Celer Et Audax

14 minutes ago, palsada said:

I didnt delete, i got kicked by justinian.

And i waited until the alliance was dead before posting this.

The link associated with your forum account leads to a deleted nation.  Justinian can't delete your nation, so it was either you or Alex.

also:

Game-rule-forum-account-nation.png

Edited by Etat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Celer Et Audax

Not the best Gladiator rewrite I've ever seen. I hope with Hollywood taking in the remaining cast this movie can be properly salvaged.

"There was a dream that was Rome... This wasn't it."

• Upvote 2

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

57 minutes ago, Sval said:

Not the best Gladiator rewrite I've ever seen. I hope with Hollywood taking in the remaining cast this movie can be properly salvaged.

"There was a dream that was Rome... This wasn't it."

I think the majority are forming their own alliance by the looks. Probably shows how little sway Justinian really had in his alliance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

The piers are pummelled by the waves;
In a lonely field the rain
Lashes an abandoned train;
Outlaws fill the mountain caves.

Fantastic grow the evening gowns;
Agents of the Fisc pursue
Absconding tax-defaulters through
The sewers of provincial towns.

Private rites of magic send
The temple prostitutes to sleep;
All the literati keep
An imaginary friend.

Cerebrotonic Cato may
Extol the Ancient Disciplines,
But the muscle-bound Marines
Mutiny for food and pay.

Caesar's double-bed is warm
As an unimportant clerk
Writes I DO NOT LIKE MY WORK
On a pink official form.

Unendowed with wealth or pity,
Little birds with scarlet legs,
Sitting on their speckled eggs,
Eye each flu-infected city.

Altogether elsewhere, vast
Herds of reindeer move across
Miles and miles of golden moss,
Silently and very fast.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

The piers are pummelled by the waves;
In a lonely field the rain
Lashes an abandoned train;
Outlaws fill the mountain caves.

Fantastic grow the evening gowns;
Agents of the Fisc pursue
Absconding tax-defaulters through
The sewers of provincial towns.

Private rites of magic send
The temple prostitutes to sleep;
All the literati keep
An imaginary friend.

Cerebrotonic Cato may
Extol the Ancient Disciplines,
But the muscle-bound Marines
Mutiny for food and pay.

Caesar's double-bed is warm
As an unimportant clerk
Writes I DO NOT LIKE MY WORK
On a pink official form.

Unendowed with wealth or pity,
Little birds with scarlet legs,
Sitting on their speckled eggs,
Eye each flu-infected city.

Altogether elsewhere, vast
Herds of reindeer move across
Miles and miles of golden moss,
Silently and very fast.

very exquisite poem my dude, where you learn to write like this? 😗

• Like 1

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

3 hours ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

W/ all things considered here & in the news servers, would you have ever considered that due to all the new ppl coming in whom are practically receiving a low amount of consolidation when instated into the aa, followed by the lack of raising standards via training over time as more of a contravention to the aa itself?

Yes you may have came in to settle although maybe if ppl were actually held accountable furthermore drilled w/ t EotR's core aspects of each dept,  they would have happen less as well those whom are knowledged enough can apply it towards willing others. You among some close others leaving ppl amidst while intervening when "necessary" only sound like ya wanted to be seen as a savior when you stepped in. But w/ conflict continuing, ppl grew weary of that but gained a drive to do better. Althou, what is their to do when the leader is seemingly purposely disarraying ppl so they have to get your so called "good willed" contentions. If I learned anything from my aa hoping, ppl want a leader whom actually leads collectively  w/ calm consideration rather bosses them around to their brooding w/ minimal questions asked. Arguments are goin to happen in this game nothing the less but you taking action to avoid it. Specially when the aa you seem to enjoy fell due to a lack of actually settling shit, more of offsetting it (which makes stuff pile up worse if it wasn't obvious enough) to your will.

I've seen this multiple time in my own viewing as all those I listen too. Even been in similar spot to Pallies in a few of my gov experiences. Im no golden boy cuz I certainly have my wrong doings but ones gotta open their eyes outside of themselves or one only becomes self-absorbed n greedy whom can cover such sins w/ lighter tones. Gather ideas around to middle ground into a stronger one over time, not just mainly what you saw was best to your values moving forward. Act like a Julius Caesar, & you will be left saying "Et tu, Brute", which you nearly did just that.

Completely correct. In every decent governing body there is always some level of argumentation and debate, no governing body, whether it's a discord community or a politics and war alliance will agree in everything and there will always be arguments. Saying "Oh yeah I totally had to jump in and stop it" is stupid because all your doing is killing the motivation and ideas coming out of that argument generally leading to a dysfunctional body. Just stepping in and ending the argument isn't making you a saviour or a good leader, it's making you a bad one.

Edited by Schwarzer
  • Like 2

Schwarzer | 186007 | Weebunism

10 hours ago, Xineoph said:

How many mergers did you go through? Did these mergers affect things in any way differently than if they were recruited?

Mergers are different from normal recruitment in that it is the combination of 2 different communities, leading to some instability (or more if the leaders are not united in their vision). Now, this wouldnt be so much of a problem if it was maybe 2 or 3 alliances merging... but when you reach 5? 6? 7? it starts to become a problem where you inherit large pools over members (in contrast to recruitment which is steadily getting a few members) and dont have the infrastructure to support them, even worse if they didnt have the infrastructure to support themselves in the first place (as Palsada said, no warchest, bad builds, etc). it could have still worked out, however, EOTR's economic systems were !@#$ed, and the 10% tax rate was biting them in the ass where their expenditure was not sustainable. They also lacked, from what I can understand, milcom, and ia competency and skilled manpower in general. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

I've known Palsada for some time now, ever since the first incarnation of PRIU was much smaller in fact, and I can say that he is a good man and a competent leader. So I absolutely believe that any downfalling of EoTR was either due to an inability to agree or incompetence of Julius' part. From what I've read here, I'm persuaded to believe the latter.

• Upvote 3

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

Ah yes, the former diplomat threatning to attack people in other discords.

How are you? 😝

3 hours ago, Questolancardo said:
3 hours ago, Questolancardo said:

Palsada you sent people to destroy nation just because I helped my friends against an attack and made me leave the game !@#$ you.

AD2D4BA4-A90A-46DC-AF2B-758944A7E0C3.jpeg

Frequent discussions can be good for an alliance or terrible, it's one or the other and depends on people and not policy. There's a difference between debating and arguing.

Y'all have my condolences. Hopefully everyone can move on easily and continue to enjoy this community.

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, King Valerio said:

Bc the majority of them either don't care or are inactive and don't pay any attention 

You also joined TKR, you don't seem like what you are saying.

Edited by Indger
Typo
  • Haha 1

image.png.4824d77377c05ab0639aa7b3275e3aea.png