What alliances are known to have the best militaries?

Aglet Guyn

Remember, this isn't a discussion about politics, so no opinions 'my alliance is the best,' or 'That alliance sucks.'

I'm talking about on paper, based on whatever damage figures the bots run in the PnW server, numerically who is known for consistently having good militaries?   People who coordinate well together, counter for each other well, whatever metrics one associates with having a strong fighting force.  

This isn't a political thread, so if these are all jerks, multis, rerolls, sociopaths, Blackwater, or whatever synonyms of those words fit together, let's not debate such things.  If you're on the OWF, your political views are well-known.  But what alliances do you most want on your side in a war, even if you have an entire bloc or sphere arrayed against you?  (or would you want, if it's a situation where they're great in the browser game but you personally can't trust them or like them.)

Or conversely, at the end of the day, does military competence not matter that much and it's just a tiering and numbers game, like the English rule of attrition? (20 guys who suck can fight 7 great guys because they have 13 extra guys.)  

Remember, this is theorycraft about military strength of alliances, so please don't turn it into a political screed on your opinion on bloated alliances, blocs, spheres, or whatever, or if some alliance leader is your hero or your enemy.  Nor do I care about some alliance from 5 years ago.  If Jaden and his 1400 inactive applicants make SoS the best alliance on paper, since theoretically they can all go active tomorrow, then it is what it is. If the answer is some 6-man micro that have been together for 4 years, then it is what it is.

Being completely unbiased (even though they are in my bloc), I have heard and seen many good things from the militaries of Eclipse, Cataclysm, and Hand of Fate. I've also heard good things about The Knights Radiant's military prowess. Those are the most notable that come to mind, for me, and if I missed some (can guarantee I did) it's because I haven't been in the broader meta long enough to have seen/heard the others' military capabilities in a significant way.

• Like 4

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

Hand of Fate and Oblivious have consistently dealt the most damage against their foes throughout their war efforts. Both are tiered around the city 20 - city 30 range, so it becomes much easier to coordinate when members are at a similar score range. However, military competence can also play a role. Opening with a dogfight vs Spamming navals or Flooding an Alliance vs Beige Cycling can make the difference between winning and losing the war.

Edited by Key
  • Upvote 1

676912258_galaxybrain.webp.5c1275f9a627f0a3b84e6f73d163a6c5.webp

My opinion may not reflect those of my alliance or its affiliates. Please read at your own discretion.

19 hours ago, Aglet Guyn said:

But what alliances do you most want on your side in a war, even if you have an entire bloc or sphere arrayed against you?

All the alliances in Hollywood, my entire FA strat is based around getting allies I want to fight with in a war.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i nominate OG tjest

everyone else is lacking in one category or another compared to them at varying time frames

as for measuring things by numbers lets not conflate stat padding w competency

discipline of ignoring glory for executing on the goals of the war should be weighed as well

if countering for each other well includes knowing when -not- to save someone... im okay w this

basically it boils down to least avg sleep/life/joy per player in a given group

On 2/13/2022 at 6:02 PM, Aglet Guyn said:

not political but imma attack political entities in this post... but remember not political everybody

rawr

Edited by katashimon13
rawr

23 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

All the alliances in Hollywood, my entire FA strat is based around getting allies I want to fight with in a war.

Your applicant pool confuses me; I don't understand anyone except Verlion being there.  I thought you were all C30s, but your applicant pool confused me:

image.png.4d2fd24a919e426efde4b32fe7c1ae93.png

Do you keep these guys around, training them until they're C30 and then admit them?   I think (at his current speed) Lucas can get there by 2025.   But I guess if you guys ever start up CryingYoungBabies, there's your leadership team right there.  

Best Large alliance (100+ members): Rose
Best Old School Alliance: Guardian
Best Newer Alliance: Hand of Fate
Best Alliance That is no longer Around: Terminus Est (Version ElPinachzo/Pre)
Overall: Syndicate
Special Mention: Arrgh

Note, I don't include Mythic, or the OG Justice Department in any of these ratings as those were less about political warfare and such. 

• Like 1

scSqPGJ.gif

On 2/17/2022 at 9:20 AM, Prefontaine said:

Best Large alliance (100+ members): Rose
Best Old School Alliance: Guardian
Best Newer Alliance: Hand of Fate
Best Alliance That is no longer Around: Terminus Est (Version ElPinachzo/Pre)
Overall: Syndicate
Special Mention: Arrgh

Note, I don't include Mythic, or the OG Justice Department in any of these ratings as those were less about political warfare and such. 

Well, you kind of rambled all over the place, but you did answer the question, so I won't quibble.  The thread has a quorum consensus and all that.

Thank you all!

• 7 months later...
On 2/16/2022 at 9:33 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I am too lazy to keep switching applicants on and off, and I like to see which 3 city nations want to join an alliance that averages around 40 cities. flagle

All of the alliances in Hollywood, and my entire FA strategy, are focused on acquiring war allies.