Some pretty serious allegations regarding borg and his scripts

Mars

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

This is far from an 'official position' on this whole thing, but I figured I'd toss out my initial impression. The screenshot in the OP reads very clearly like a joke to me. It's also not exactly clear to me at this point what the actual 'exploit' allegation against Borg is?

Thanks. Glad to see you're voicing what most people were thinking (out loud).

1 minute ago, Murat said:

He deleted the messagesl ater. Borg wouldn't have done it if he was joking.

Dunno have you never made a joke and realized it may have been in poor taste, then deleted it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Dusty said:

Dunno have you never made a joke and realized it may have been in poor taste, then deleted it. 

He deleted the entire conversation as far i have heard? Why is it so? Deleting a joke is ok but he wiped only that specific portion 

Edited by Murat
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Hey everyone,

Sorry about my absence recently. I have been going through some real life stuff that has kept me away.

This is far from an 'official position' on this whole thing, but I figured I'd toss out my initial impression. The screenshot in the OP reads very clearly like a joke to me. It's also not exactly clear to me at this point what the actual 'exploit' allegation against Borg is?

With the NPO / GPWC situation, NPO was basically recruiting ~1,000 people to sign up and play P&W, do 100/100% taxes, and just farm stuff for NPO in exchange for access to a Discord server that had English translations of Korean comics (manhwa) that you couldn't really get anywhere else. NPO (& allies) benefitted heavily from this, and ultimately I took action against them because I interpreted what they were doing as trading real-life "goods" for in-game "goods" (and obviously it was just unfair.)

But as far as I can recall, there was no 'exploit' due to any technical issues or anything. They didn't make bots, they were recruiting real people, and making them play the game and farm money/rss in exchange to retain access to their manhwa Discord server.

So, again, I'm not really sure how Borg would have been involved in that, or where the exploit allegations are coming from. But I am also just getting back into the swing of things and haven't had a chance to even get on Discord yet to chat with other people and learn more about the situation.

Lastly, I'll just add that Borg has been really helpful since he started playing P&W behind the scenes. There have probably been between 10-30 XSS/SQL injection vulnerabilities in the game that Borg was able to expose and always immediately reported to me to fix. Including at least 2 that I recall from 10-14 days ago regarding the new alliance positions update that is in testing on the test server which I still need to get to and fix. This is certainly not an acquittal, but I imagine most people would not know that Borg has been extremely helpful in keeping the game's code secure, and I have even consulted with him before on new stuff to help ensure there are no vulnerabilities.

So, anyway, I will continue to learn more about this whole situation and get back to you all with a more official answer. But at least after an initial read of just this thread, my impression is that Borg was just making a joke and it got taken out of context and blown up into a whole silly thing.

image.thumb.png.e7543bff5c7f83add9683b072564643b.png

This thing cleary says borg is behind it . If borg has helped to fix the game, it dosent means you wont hear our evidence against him. After all, he is a player too and we are one too.

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Hey everyone,

Sorry about my absence recently. I have been going through some real life stuff that has kept me away.

With the NPO / GPWC situation, NPO was basically recruiting ~1,000 people to sign up and play P&W, do 100/100% taxes, and just farm stuff for NPO in exchange for access to a Discord server that had English translations of Korean comics (manhwa) that you couldn't really get anywhere else. NPO (& allies) benefitted heavily from this, and ultimately I took action against them because I interpreted what they were doing as trading real-life "goods" for in-game "goods" (and obviously it was just unfair.)

But as far as I can recall, there was no 'exploit' due to any technical issues or anything. They didn't make bots, they were recruiting real people, and making them play the game and farm money/rss in exchange to retain access to their manhwa Discord server.

So, again, I'm not really sure how Borg would have been involved in that, or where the exploit allegations are coming from. But I am also just getting back into the swing of things and haven't had a chance to even get on Discord yet to chat with other people and learn more about the situation.

Lastly, I'll just add that Borg has been really helpful since he started playing P&W behind the scenes. There have probably been between 10-30 XSS/SQL injection vulnerabilities in the game that Borg was able to expose and always immediately reported to me to fix. Including at least 2 that I recall from 10-14 days ago regarding the new alliance positions update that is in testing on the test server which I still need to get to and fix. This is certainly not an acquittal, but I imagine most people would not know that Borg has been extremely helpful in keeping the game's code secure, and I have even consulted with him before on new stuff to help ensure there are no vulnerabilities.

So, anyway, I will continue to learn more about this whole situation and get back to you all with a more official answer. But at least after an initial read of just this thread, my impression is that Borg was just making a joke and it got taken out of context and blown up into a whole silly thing.

Man what a cop out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Murat said:

He deleted the messages later. Borg wouldn't have done it if he was joking. This clearly shows it has something to do with borg

Bro do u have any idea what u r Trying to say ? Do u have any idea of whole situation ? Don't put your stupidity against borg ..

Edited by Lovin_boi

Borg routinely makes dry jokes. Him deleting a group chat because he was threatened to have it leaked, only to have a massive portion of it remain, is nothing. Deliberately ignoring signs that point otherwise isn’t the way to “catch” someone.

6 hours ago, Lovin_boi said:

Bro do u have any idea what u r Trying to say ? Do u have any idea of whole situation ? Don't put your stupidity against borg ..

Yup. I have idea what i am trying to say and i also have idea of the situation. You are just saying cuz you hold a grudge with me. Aslo,you seem blind to read this this screenshot Mars posted which clearly says borg is behind it.

image.png

Edited by Murat

Many allainces have benefited greatly from borg and its bot and no one allaince would want to lose a person and a bot which is the lifeline of their allaince so it pretty obvious people will call this "bullshit" and defend borg. Borg has contributed to the community to a lot but this shouldnt be used to cover borg's or anyone's wrongdoings.

Edited by Murat

9 hours ago, Murat said:

Many allainces have benefited greatly from borg and its bot and no one allaince would want to lose a person and a bot which is the lifeline of their allaince so it pretty obvious people will call this "bullshit" and defend borg. Borg has contributed to the community to a lot but this shouldnt be used to cover borg's or anyone's wrongdoings.

Rose has no reliance at all on borg, loctus or any other systems that have anything to do with him.
Yet I am here, calling it most likely bs (untill i see some much harder proof). I don't think TKR has any reliance on it (do correct me if i am wrong) yet @Adrienne was calling it a hot steaming pile of absolute bullshit.

Hence you are in fact completly wrong. 

10 hours ago, Murat said:

Yup. I have idea what i am trying to say and i also have idea of the situation. You are just saying cuz you hold a grudge with me. Aslo,you seem blind to read this this screenshot Mars posted which clearly says borg is behind it.

image.png

That happened 2 years ago and got cleared up. Dyana already talked to Alex about that. Borg helped Alex Debug it. End of Story.

image.png?ex=65f5ac05&is=65e33705&hm=2cdc4b7e28777e34caf37f251fded716f2beb4178c3e91687d866b47cd329bac&=

10 hours ago, Murat said:

image.png

Yet no one on earth seems to have anything where Borg gives any instruction on this grand plan he made. It's amazing that everyone knew what to do and what their part was, yet, not a single person has a DM from him, instructing them on what to do.

Using "evidence" that literally is just people talking amongst themselves, and doesn't actually come from Borg, is seriously what you consider to be factual?

11 hours ago, Murat said:

Serpentis/Aurora person here who rarely ever uses Locutus because we have our own in-house bot.

I'm sure the people who have been here for years and actually know Borg better than you, including the game's administrator, can speak on this topic better than you can, because (unless you're a re-roll or the appearance is misleading somehow) you have hardly been in PnW for 3 months now.

Regardless, allegations are allegations and I appreciate that Alex has acknowledged them at this time. I agree with most others in that I don't think Borg would do this kind of thing.

• Upvote 2

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

16 hours ago, Murat said:

image.png

A 3 month old newbie putting his stupidity towards borg smh.. 

My single advice for you kid. Go and learn some game mechanism first instead cheering false accusations against a reputed player of this game 

• Moderators

If it isn't another post getting a lot of unneeded posts that add nothing but giving me the enjoyment of warning people. Let's remember to keep it civil guys and stay on topic. Lastly a pro tip for some of you, insulting in your argument only works to weaken it and if you don't believe that saying then know it leads to me having to hide and possibly warning you, so you end losing either way. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

Rose has no reliance at all on borg, loctus or any other systems that have anything to do with him.
Yet I am here, calling it most likely bs (untill i see some much harder proof). I don't think TKR has any reliance on it (do correct me if i am wrong) yet @Adrienne was calling it a hot steaming pile of absolute bullshit.

Hence you are in fact completly wrong. 

Did i talked about a particular AA? I only said about those AA which uses locutus as thier "lifeline" . Dpe dosent exsist lol. Well, lets wait what for what alex says :)

7 hours ago, Lovin_boi said:

A 3 month old newbie putting his stupidity towards borg smh.. 

My single advice for you kid. Go and learn some game mechanism first instead cheering false accusations against a reputed player of this game 

Keep getting rolled noob. 

Edited by Murat
  • Downvote 3

17 hours ago, Murat said:

Did i talked about a particular AA? I only said about those AA which uses locutus as thier "lifeline" . Dpe dosent exsist lol. Well, lets wait what for what alex says :)

Keep getting rolled noob. 

👎👎👎

Edited by Lovin_boi